May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We were talking racism in Oregon and you wanted a different thread to discuss native American issues.
Thank you admitting it.....
Come on out to the West and spend some time out here. Learn some of the history, geography etc. It will open your eyes.
The 'West' died a long time ago; now it is just a sad and tired reflection of the east coast clamoring for attention.
Time to stop this conversation as you simply present your own beliefs with nothing to back it up......toodles.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

The 'West' died a long time ago; now it is just a sad and tired reflection of the east coast clamoring for attention.
Time to stop this conversation as you simply present your own beliefs with nothing to back it up......toodles.

that is a misrepresentation. You know nothing about Oregon yet you held forth, you were shown to know nothing and then ran away. Bravo

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they were really interested in governing they would have their own party to distinguish themselves from the democrats like many other countries.
...You do realize that the electoral college is designed to prevent a third party from being viable, right? Our system is designed to create a 2-party or 1-party state.

Ever wonder why all these other representative democracies seem to function much better than ours and don't have an electoral college?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please point out to me where I said any such thing.

I have witnessed racism through the years and I am quite capable of seeing even now. But the word racism has been watered down to the point where it is virtually meaningless nowdays since everything a white person does is labeled 'racist'.

I wasn't offering my help. I will just let them stew in their own juices until they are done......then the rest of us will go in and sweep up the mess......
I'm just going to throw out there that if everyone is calling someone a "racist" then they might want to reflect on why everyone thinks they're a racist. Maybe there is something to that consensus. I'm white and I don't get accused of racism.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You really ought to go out and experience the world. You have some very odd ideas about the West coast.

Take a trip to Portland. Explore the city. Spend a night at Cannon Beach. Go on a skiing trip in Bend. Drive the PCH and stop by some cities along the way. You'll see the world in a new way if you get out there and experience more of it.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just going to throw out there that if everyone is calling someone a "racist" then they might want to reflect on why everyone thinks they're a racist. Maybe there is something to that consensus. I'm white and I don't get accused of racism.

'Tulsa wasn't so bad, the blacks were just as guilty as the whites'

'There's no systemic racism in the US, black people just have issues with the cops because they commit more crimes'

'The only real racism today is against white people'

'The Charlottesville protest wasn't about race, they were good people standing up for their rights'

'"White Power" is an inoffensive phrase, there's nothing wrong with chanting it'

'Africans were the ones who sold other Africans into slavery, so it's all their fault'

'The civil war had nothing to do with slavery, and there's nothing wrong with having public monuments to Jefferson Davis'.

I've seen right-wingers say all of these things on these very forums, in total seriousness. And then they wonder why people call them racist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
...You do realize that the electoral college is designed to prevent a third party from being viable, right? Our system is designed to create a 2-party or 1-party state.
Not designed to do any such thing.....witness the presidential election of 1860 where 4 parties ran....
Ever wonder why all these other representative democracies seem to function much better than ours and don't have an electoral college?
Maybe because they have multiple parties contesting for seats.......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am speaking generically not specifically.....

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

'There's no systemic racism in the US, black people just have issues with the cops because they commit more crimes'

'The Charlottesville protest wasn't about race, they were good people standing up for their rights'

'"White Power" is an inoffensive phrase, there's nothing wrong with chanting it'

'Africans were the ones who sold other Africans into slavery, so it's all their fault'

'The civil war had nothing to do with slavery, and there's nothing wrong with having public monuments to Jefferson Davis'.

I've seen right-wingers say all of these things on these very forums, in total seriousness. And then they wonder why people call them racist.
So people with a differing opinion (whether right or wrong) makes them racist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

What do you expect from people who would rather have children learn US history from Confederate statues than in an actual classroom?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

When that opinion is based on the belief that one race is inherently superior/inferior to another... yes.

That's literally the definition of "racist." How can you not know this?

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not designed to do any such thing.....witness the presidential election of 1860 where 4 parties ran....

Maybe because they have multiple parties contesting for seats.......
If your only example of a "successful" multi-party election was 180 years ago, this kinda supports my statement that the current system is designed to prevent this from happening.

Stephen Douglas won 29.5% of the popular vote. Nearly a third of the voters cast their vote for him. He only won 1 state. John Bell won more electoral college votes despite having half as many voters cast their votes for him.

Did you know that it's possible for a candidate to win the presidential election with only 24.33% of the popular vote? Could you imagine a president that represents less than a quarter of the country?

123609018_3374982885949298_3895754416640734501_n.png

How's this for a nightmarish electoral college scenario: A third-party candidate wins 49.9999% of the popular vote but 0 electoral college votes, losing to a candidate that earned just over 25% of the popular vote.

123617910_3374999819280938_6804979880992268685_n.png

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you can't recognize that those statements are racist, then you really shouldn't be making public statements about race or racism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So now differing opinions are racist......so I guess we all should just come around the the liberal POV and then everyone is OK......absolutely amazing.......

No, racist opinions are racist. Opinions like 'black people are inherently inferior and have something wrong with them', and 'prejudice and unfair treatment of minorities is a good thing'.

Do you really not get this?

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So now differing opinions are racist......so I guess we all should just come around the the liberal POV and then everyone is OK......absolutely amazing.......

Ah yes the "differing opinion" defense of racism mixed in with a pinch of white victimhood.

Disregarding past and present racism in order to maintain and or grow the current level of systemtic racism is racist.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, racist opinions are racist. Opinions like 'black people are inherently inferior and have something wrong with them', and 'prejudice and unfair treatment of minorities is a good thing'.

Do you really not get this?
Ah yes the "differing opinion" defense of racism mixed in with a pinch of white victimhood.

Disregarding past and present racism in order to maintain and or grow the current level of systemtic racism is racist.

Here is my exact comment:
Now explain to me what I said......

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here is my exact comment:

Now explain to me what I said......

Are you walking back your defense of the racist positions put forth or are you going to claim that you never defended those racist positions?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you walking back your defense of the racist positions put forth or are you going to claim that you never defended those racist positions?
I gave you my EXACT quote now please explain to me what I said......it is not that difficult.......the statement is right in front of you........

Upvote 0