Katrina Aftermath: Where are the bodies?!?

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
TScott said:
Get? you mean they had. Maybe Halliburtom caused the hurricane?? :p I don't think I care who the contract is given to, shall we make a national vote of it for each disaster? Maybe Halliburton is hiding the bodies, perhaps? Maybe Halliburton already recovered most of the bodies and sold them to the animal feed companies? Maybe Halliburton is the four horsemen of the apocalypse? [/sarcasm]

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
White Horse said:
But I thought responsible journalist checked their stories out before they published them? Hmmmmm. I guarantee you if Bush were making claims and trying to lay blame on Democrats the media would have checked them out before publishing them. You're hiding your head in the sand if you don't think the media has a left slant. There is no such thing as an objective point of view. Everyone's ideas are influenced by their own experiences. And the fact is, most people who go into journalism lean to the left. Cases in point are the Bush National Guard document that the mainstream media so quickly spread, and the election that the media so quickly called for Gore. As a matter of fact, there were studies done on that that proved the networks were declaring states for Gore a lot quicker than they were states for Bush. The fact is that 70 or 80 percent of those in that line of work lean that way, and they're quick to publish anything that furthers their cause. Not to mention they're the same people wringing their hands and crying gloom and doom and global warming and America is destroying the world, yada, yada, yada. 10,000 dead in a major city due to a hurricane caused by global warming. They jumped on that with both feet.

I know...you want a link. Enjoy. http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/welcome.asp

As to the remark about journalists checking their stories before they publish them, I have to agree with you. However, in the case of the mayor estimating 10,000 dead, I believe that was at a live press conference. The media can't control what is coming out of anyone's mouth in that case, and if it's aired live, well then.... It was the mayor that blurted out something that he thought was true at the time and maybe exaggerated to get some attention. The politicians and the media are just as capable of that to suit their own purpose, you know.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Faith_Warrior said:
25000 body bags going to waste? Looks like we just got fooled by the media once again. Leftist media projecting dire casualties to cause problems in our government and society using the blame game and race cards galore. Now when we go looking for bodies the truth comes out; blown out of proportion.

Mayor Nagin, who fled New Orleans before the storm, is now apparently afraid to return for anything but an "
occasional" visit. He purchased a house in Dallas and moved his family there (too many New Orleans refugees in Houston maybe?)

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
s_gunter said:
As to the remark about journalists checking their stories before they publish them, I have to agree with you. However, in the case of the mayor estimating 10,000 dead, I believe that was at a live press conference. The media can't control what is coming out of anyone's mouth in that case, and if it's aired live, well then.... It was the mayor that blurted out something that he thought was true at the time and maybe exaggerated to get some attention. The politicians and the media are just as capable of that to suit their own purpose, you know.
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin is a liberal democrat... so the liberal media ate it up since they too are liberal democrats for the most part. Now if a non-liberal was the mayor of that city, they would have called for him to be strung up no matter what he said or did just like they are doing to Bush. This whole thing is loaded to the gills with liberal media, liberal politics and liberal spin.

Upvote 0

White Horse

Natural born world shaker
May 3, 2005
✟49,668.00
Faith
Christian
TScott said:
Well, what would you have them do? Dumb down their requirements so they can get a quota of conservatives on board? Kind of an Affirmative Action for conservative journalists? Hey! That might work!

Dumbing down journalists? Are we watching the same newscasts? You mean these all fluff no so stuff can't/won't think for themselves people who read text over the air, or simply report what someone else told them without research? BWWWWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, stop! You're killing me!

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Faith_Warrior said:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/09/D8CGUTMGM.html

25000 body bags going to waste? Looks like we just got fooled by the media once again. Leftist media projecting dire casualties to cause problems in our government and society using the blame game and race cards galore. Now when we go looking for bodies the truth comes out; blown out of proportion.

Hi, I'm your friendly CF contradicting statement pointer outer. I would just like to point out the following contradiction:

and society using the blame game and race cards galore.

Was posted after you, yourself, just played a round of the blame game, found here:

Leftist media projecting dire casualties to cause problems in our government

Complaining about people playing the blame game, right after "playing the blame game" is contradictory.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Faith_Warrior said:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/09/D8CGUTMGM.html

Also, this is an initial sweep for bodies. The real searching hasn't even been done.

Your own article even says that the death toll may not be as bad as first thought. I really think you are trying to take an article that says the death toll may not be as bad as 100000, and make it seem as though the death toll will not really climb that high.

Strange.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
thirstforknowledge said:
Hi, I'm your friendly CF contradicting statement pointer outer. I would just like to point out the following contradiction:

Was posted after you, yourself, just played a round of the blame game, found here:

Complaining about people playing the blame game, right after "playing the blame game" is contradictory.
haha you're funny. They say you can spot a liar by finding the person accusing everyone else of lying in the first place. That does no make the person receiving the lie a liar but the person spreading the lie is commonly in the same boat especially if the lie works in their favor for gain. In the media's case it was a good lie to run with because (A) they (the media) have the most to gain from the lie. The liberal media and liberal politicians have been having a field day with this lie, but in the end the truth will come out as it is and as it has each and every time.

(B)As for what the statistics may be, as the article points out this is after a rigorous search of the city. Maybe the bodies vanished?

Edit in by request:
Please don't misunderstand the comment, I was in no way suggesting that you are a liar. This comment was directed at the media establishment and not at all directed toward any person in this thread. Notice how I referred to (A)they in this comment for that was to whom I was directing the analyses towards.

As for the second paragraph(B), that was directed at you concerning how you used the word MAY in your post, but had nothing to do with calling you a liar or anything like that.

As for this thread :yawn:

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Faith_Warrior said:
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin is a liberal democrat... so the liberal media ate it up since they too are liberal democrats for the most part. Now if a non-liberal was the mayor of that city, they would have called for him to be strung up no matter what he said or did just like they are doing to Bush. This whole thing is loaded to the gills with liberal media, liberal politics and liberal spin.
I think you are projecting your own cynicism into the mix here. Most of us don't see everything in liberal vs conservative. Democrat vs republican, etc. Most of us see this as an American tragedy and are very glad that there weren't 25,000 body bags to fill. You seem almost like you are disappointed.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Leftist media projecting dire casualties
after all this time, i still laugh when i see this still being spewed. please, don't be a parrot - think for yourself.

Duh! The media is predominantly made up of liberals because a majority of them have liberal arts degrees.
i don't even know how to respond to this...i...i...just don't know what to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Law of Loud

Apparently a Librul Moonbat <[wash my mouth][wa
Aug 31, 2004
Seattle
✟10,493.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
TScott said:
Duh! The media is predominantly made up of liberals because a majority of them have liberal arts degrees.

That's really daft.

Having a liberal arts degree has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal. Not much anyways.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Faith_Warrior said:
Errr...Nagin is actually a Republican who switched parties to get a victory in Dem heavy NOLA.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
White Horse said:
But I thought responsible journalist checked their stories out before they published them? Hmmmmm.
Let me see if I have this right. The FACT is that it was estimated that the body count would be much higher than it appears to be. Since that estimate MAY be too high you are going to blame the media for it not getting their facts straight.

This argument is completely without logic.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
kermit said:
Let me see if I have this right. The FACT is that it was estimated that the body count would be much higher than it appears to be. Since that estimate MAY be too high you are going to blame the media for it not getting their facts straight.

This argument is completely without logic.

Didn't you know? All repsonisble journalists should have verified the estimate, by going and counting all the bodies.

Upvote 0