Katrina Aftermath: Where are the bodies?!?

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/09/D8CGUTMGM.html
The sweep was carried out by the Police Department, the Army's 82nd Airborne Division and the National Guard, and covered every part of the city reachable by land, boat or air, Ebbert said. "Numbers so far are relatively minor as compared to the dire projections of 10,000," Ebbert said.

25000 body bags going to waste? Looks like we just got fooled by the media once again. Leftist media projecting dire casualties to cause problems in our government and society using the blame game and race cards galore. Now when we go looking for bodies the truth comes out; blown out of proportion.

freewilly

Aug 18, 2005
✟15,726.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
It wasn't the media, the media jsut reported what the mayor and the governor were saying. Do you really think the media just inflated those numbers? "The media" is not some living entity it is the people next you at church, on the bus riding to work etc, my point being the media is comprised of people much like you and I.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gosh, I hope the fact that there are not thousands of rotting corpses laying around that someone (or party) doesn't try to place blame on that too? I can see headlines now........

______ promised us 25,000 corpses but can't deliever! Is this the kind of leadershIp we want in a crisis?!?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Faith_Warrior said:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/09/D8CGUTMGM.html

25000 body bags going to waste? Looks like we just got fooled by the media once again. Leftist media projecting dire casualties to cause problems in our government and society using the blame game and race cards galore. Now when we go looking for bodies the truth comes out; blown out of proportion.

It's the VAST LEFT WING CONSPIRACY!
They took the WMD's from Iraq, now they took the bodies from N.O.

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's perfectly justified to be skeptical. If an adminstration can put a country at war by making up a story about weapons of mass destruction, and Mr. Bush can congratulate a FEMA imbicile on doing such a fine job, conceivably the situation might be slanted.

However with so few official deaths it's probably inappropriate for other nations to be contributing this much to disaster relief. Other nations suffer much more but receive far less.

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
simplicity said:
It's perfectly justified to be skeptical. If an adminstration can put a country at war by making up a story about weapons of mass destruction, and Mr. Bush can congratulate a FEMA imbicile on doing such a fine job, conceivably the situation might be slanted.

However with so few official deaths it's probably inappropriate for other nations to be contributing this much to disaster relief. Other nations suffer much more but receive far less.

Nothing about the war in Iraq was fabricated. The invasion of Iraq was perfectly justified.

The Federal government can only respond to requests by local governments, requests that came too late. I think it would be better to wait for the facts to come out before making accusations.

Reactions: Lanakila
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

White Horse

Natural born world shaker
May 3, 2005
✟49,668.00
Faith
Christian
freewilly said:
It wasn't the media, the media jsut reported what the mayor and the governor were saying. Do you really think the media just inflated those numbers? "The media" is not some living entity it is the people next you at church, on the bus riding to work etc, my point being the media is comprised of people much like you and I.

But I thought responsible journalist checked their stories out before they published them? Hmmmmm. I guarantee you if Bush were making claims and trying to lay blame on Democrats the media would have checked them out before publishing them. You're hiding your head in the sand if you don't think the media has a left slant. There is no such thing as an objective point of view. Everyone's ideas are influenced by their own experiences. And the fact is, most people who go into journalism lean to the left. Cases in point are the Bush National Guard document that the mainstream media so quickly spread, and the election that the media so quickly called for Gore. As a matter of fact, there were studies done on that that proved the networks were declaring states for Gore a lot quicker than they were states for Bush. The fact is that 70 or 80 percent of those in that line of work lean that way, and they're quick to publish anything that furthers their cause. Not to mention they're the same people wringing their hands and crying gloom and doom and global warming and America is destroying the world, yada, yada, yada. 10,000 dead in a major city due to a hurricane caused by global warming. They jumped on that with both feet.

I know...you want a link. Enjoy. http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/welcome.asp

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
White Horse said:
But I thought responsible journalist checked their stories out before they published them? Hmmmmm. I guarantee you if Bush were making claims and trying to lay blame on Democrats the media would have checked them out before publishing them. You're hiding your head in the sand if you don't think the media has a left slant. There is no such thing as an objective point of view. Everyone's ideas are influenced by their own experiences. And the fact is, most people who go into journalism lean to the left. Cases in point are the Bush National Guard document that the mainstream media so quickly spread, and the election that the media so quickly called for Gore. As a matter of fact, there were studies done on that that proved the networks were declaring states for Gore a lot quicker than they were states for Bush. The fact is that 70 or 80 percent of those in that line of work lean that way, and they're quick to publish anything that furthers their cause. Not to mention they're the same people wringing their hands and crying gloom and doom and global warming and America is destroying the world, yada, yada, yada. 10,000 dead in a major city due to a hurricane caused by global warming. They jumped on that with both feet.

I know...you want a link. Enjoy. http://www.mediaresearch.org/biasbasics/welcome.asp
Duh! The media is predominantly made up of liberals because a majority of them have liberal arts degrees.

Upvote 0