Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What changed when you accepted Christ I have considered myself a Christian and off for years, but I am now trying to figure out what Christ changes where does that peace that Christians always seem to have come from? I used to be so into freewill that was my issue; now I just cannot seem to see how a relationship changes anything, but I know I have to do SOMETHING.

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
For me, I think the enduring changes revolve around my perspective on the world & the hope I profess. Many days I doubt or struggle - I don't always "feel" at peace. The rhythms of the Christian life anchor me - whether praying with others, or professing the Nicene Creed during the liturgy, or preparing for the next religious season like Lent, etc.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“Do something”??

Do you feel obligated to do something?

Do you feel compelled by the Love of God?

Do you feel out of Gratitude a need to do something nice for God?

Please do not feel you have to “do” something to “get” something since everything has been given you that can be given you. You are not in heaven yet, but you have the birthright to heaven and the guarantee with the indwelling Holy Spirit that heaven is yours.

Everything is a charitable gift to you, but since it is truly yours you can give it away or e=sell it to satan.

Where are you at?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
“Do something”??

Do you feel obligated to do something?

Do you feel compelled by the Love of God?

Do you feel out of Gratitude a need to do something nice for God?

Please do not feel you have to “do” something to “get” something since everything has been given you that can be given you. You are not in heaven yet, but you have the birthright to heaven and the guarantee with the indwelling Holy Spirit that heaven is yours.

Everything is a charitable gift to you, but since it is truly yours you can give it away or e=sell it to satan.

Where are you at?
I know that Christians ( some people have this peace) and as you can tell by my mood and various posts I know I NEED something to keep me some what strudy

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear dogs4thewin. Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40: "The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all your hearts, with all your souls, and with all your minds. The second is like it: love your neighbour as yourselves."
Jesus does also tell us in verse 40: on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love, and God wants our love freely given and NO conditions made. We start by asking God for Love and Joy, then we thank God and start sharing all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends.( Matthew 7: 7-10) " Ask and you shall receive.") We keep asking for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and Bless us.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," we start changing from selfish
wishes and desires to loving and caring for our neighbour. We show God how we repent and become the sons and daughters which God wants us to be.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
Love is a Christian`s great weapon, with love we overcome all anger and wrong behaviour, and Love is very catching. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on loving and caring.
I say this with love, dogs4thewin. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I geuss this wold go here
What changed when you accepted Christ I have considered myself a Christian and off for years, but I am now trying to figure out what Christ changes where does that peace that Christians always seem to have come from? I used to be so into freewill that was my issue; now I just cannot seem to see how a relationship changes anything, but I know I have to do SOMETHING.
What changed when I accepted Christ? Well, let's see...

1.) By spiritual adoption, I became a child of God and a joint-heir with Christ.
2.) I was reconciled to God.
3.) I was made dead to sin and alive unto God.
4.) The eternal damnation under which I stood was forever lifted from me.
5.) I was made a new creature in Christ.
6.) I was indwelt by God's Spirit.
7.) My mind was opened to the truths of God's Word.
8.) Through the Holy Spirit I obtained the capacity to live as God commands.
9.) God shed abroad His love in my heart.
10.) God gave to me a measure of faith by which I am able walk with Him.
11.) I was sanctified and am being sanctified.
12.) I am justified before God by faith in Christ as my Saviour and Lord.

And so on. You see, I hope, that when I accepted Christ a great change occurred in my life (as it does in the lives of all who are truly born-again).

Where does the peace Christians possess come from? Well, from Christ, of course. He lives in me in the Person of the Holy Spirit and it is from the Spirit that the "peace which passes all understanding" comes.

Your relationship with God must rest upon a spiritual transformation, a second, spiritual birth. If that hasn't happened, there can be no relationship with God.

Selah.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know that Christians ( some people have this peace) and as you can tell by my mood and various posts I know I NEED something to keep me some what strudy

God’s “peace” is not a walk in the park.

Christians that were slaughtered in the arenas still could have the peace of God.

There can be peace in the fact: this is not your home and all this will pass.

There is peace in knowing “all things work for the good for those that Love God”.

God has given you what you need.

Upvote 0