Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, just to let you know that I've been praying the Rosary for years now, and I've been doing ok with that. So I thought, let me take it up a notch and try this other prayer that I found in a Catholic prayer book, called "Mother of Perpetual Help (for the conversion of a sinner)". Well...OK it seems that every time I pray that (for my dad), my dad's attitude always seems to get worse with me. I have been tempted to give up on it because of his attitude change (here is the part where you'll say DON'T, and I'd be OK with that). Granted, there are times of the month when he seems to act "hormonal" (who knows the science of that), but I don't know if it's only that. I've been praying this prayer for a few weeks, to the point where I think I know it by heart (I didn't try to memorize it on purpose).

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can expect for him to get worse, you see, Satan does not want to loose control over him, so, he is going to fight you all the way. The Lord said that it would never be easy to pray at times for the conversion of sinners, but we need to keep on without ceasing, ask for the power of the Holy Spirit to give you strength to fight this and don't stop praying, it will be battle, but if you persevere, you will win.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Have you had a priest come over and bless every room in the house and say prayers of deliverance with you while there for the house blessing?

Can you have it done when hes not at home?

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
PS-get the prayers of the Auxilium Christianorum app on your phone, so you can have them handy and he would not see them.

I think you may need to pray for protection from retaliation to cover yourself after praying for conversion of your father

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, just to let you know that I've been praying the Rosary for years now, and I've been doing ok with that. So I thought, let me take it up a notch and try this other prayer that I found in a Catholic prayer book, called "Mother of Perpetual Help (for the conversion of a sinner)". Well...OK it seems that every time I pray that (for my dad), my dad's attitude always seems to get worse with me. I have been tempted to give up on it because of his attitude change (here is the part where you'll say DON'T, and I'd be OK with that). Granted, there are times of the month when he seems to act "hormonal" (who knows the science of that), but I don't know if it's only that. I've been praying this prayer for a few weeks, to the point where I think I know it by heart (I didn't try to memorize it on purpose).
Don't give up.

People have a battle to get to the Church.
You know this.
So do not give up.

The prayer is wonderful and add in a personal prayer for your dad before you begin.

'Almighty Father, Son and Holy Spirit through the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ and His Holy Name, I pray for _________ and myself for removal of evil, healing of evil and protection from evil. As well as your Love and grace. Amen'
Then pray the prayer and this could take many months. Timing varies.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Have you had a priest come over and bless every room in the house and say prayers of deliverance with you while there for the house blessing?

Can you have it done when hes not at home?
He's always at home now. He can't go out unless I bring him somewhere; however, on the rare days where he isn't barking at me (sad to say this :(), there is a possibility I could give this a shot.
PS-get the prayers of the Auxilium Christianorum app on your phone, so you can have them handy and he would not see them.

I think you may need to pray for protection from retaliation to cover yourself after praying for conversion of your father
I'll check that app out.

What kind of retaliation are you referring to?
Don't give up.

People have a battle to get to the Church.
You know this.
So do not give up.

The prayer is wonderful and add in a personal prayer for your dad before you begin.

'Almighty Father, Son and Holy Spirit through the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ and His Holy Name, I pray for _________ and myself for removal of evil, healing of evil and protection from evil. As well as your Love and grace. Amen'
Then pray the prayer and this could take many months. Timing varies.
Ok. I'll preface the Perpetual Help prayer with this. Eventually, I tend to memorize a prayer (unintentionally) when I say it often enough.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In chemical reactions there is usually an initial energy state, a final energy state, and a somewhat higher level of energy that has to be achieved before the reaction can begin. It's like going up a moderate or maybe only a small hill before being able to go back down on the other side. Few chemical reactions are just spontaneous. Like a wood fire, things can require quite a bit of kindling and maybe even a few matches. Then at the tipping point the fire takes off and supplies a lot of heat.

I think you are seeing that kind of thing. I'd say quietly but deliberately keep praying. I will bring my prayers to Our Lady of Good Help (not exactly the same I know, but as I have been to that site in Wisconsin) and I'm willing to raise the heat to help you out. Keep us posted and hang in there. It is a good thing to pray for your father.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In chemical reactions there is usually an initial energy state, a final energy state, and a somewhat higher level of energy that has to be achieved before the reaction can begin. It's like going up a moderate or maybe only a small hill before being able to go back down on the other side. Few chemical reactions are just spontaneous. Like a wood fire, things can require quite a bit of kindling and maybe even a few matches. Then at the tipping point the fire takes off and supplies a lot of heat.

I think you are seeing that kind of thing. I'd say quietly but deliberately keep praying. I will bring my prayers to Our Lady of Good Help (not exactly the same I know, but as I have been to that site in Wisconsin) and I'm willing to raise the heat to help you out. Keep us posted and hang in there. It is a good thing to pray for your father.
I'm bad with chemistry but the rest of your post was alright, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
When praying for the conversion of someones soul, there is often retaliation. this prayer itself will be self explanatory:

Prayer Against Retaliation​

Lord Jesus Christ, in your love and mercy, pour Your Precious Blood over us so that no demon or disembodied spirit may retaliate against us. Mary, surround us with your mantle, blocking any retaliating spirits from having any authority over us. St. Michael, surround us with your shield, so that no evil spirit may take revenge on us. Queen of Heaven and St. Michael, send down the legions of angels under your command to fight off any spirits that would seek to harm us. All you saints of heaven, impede any retaliating spirit from influencing us. Lord, You are the Just Judge, the avenger of the wicked, the Advocate of the Just, we beg in Your mercy, that all we ask of Mary, the angels and the saints of heaven be also granted to all our loved ones, all of our possessions, those who pray for us and their loved ones, that for Your Glory’s sake, we may enjoy Your perfect protection. Amen.

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Until you get the Deliverance Prayer book, there is a great website with tons of deliverance prayers to lead you and guide you:

There are prayers against oppression here, as well as generational curses-anything you need.

One can get the App for these prayers.

I very highly recommend this site.

• Useful
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟251,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will also recommend you buy Deliverance Prayers for the laity, if you don't have it already.

God bless
I don't have that. Is it a specific book?
Until you get the Deliverance Prayer book, there is a great website with tons of deliverance prayers to lead you and guide you:

There are prayers against oppression here, as well as generational curses-anything you need.

One can get the App for these prayers.

I very highly recommend this site.
I might get the App if I can't get the book, or I might get both. That is, if my prayer books don't already have a prayer like this.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have that. Is it a specific book?

I might get the App if I can't get the book, or I might get both. That is, if my prayer books don't already have a prayer like this.
Yes, that's the book! :)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Although it also specifies witchcraft, it is also a prayer for deliverance.

I have done many prayers for my loved ones and have an entire thread/post.

I have noticed the particular prayer against evil [11 minute one] where it is asked we have word of knowledge any evil that has attached itself to us...
The one guy I pray over urgently sought me out because literally he was 'seeing' them and being attacked [leaving witchcraft]
I sent him the Rosary he put on repeat and it immediately soothed him as the Rosary does because evil flees.

They don't mess with Momma of the Lord.

So basically these prayers are good even for trauma... I kid you not.
The guy also is 'seeing' and healing his childhood stuff.
Things that led him to gender dysphoria/woke/gay.

AS we are attacked in life by anything traumatic, we do get attachments.
So we may not necessarily have spells or such on us, the prayers still work very well.

Upvote 0