Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I am not defending Emanuel, but there has to be more than "it happened on his watch"

I agree with you. It's a silly concept. But a parallel scenario played out, where the Dean (police chief) and the university president (mayor) were forced to step down.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe a wider investigation is appropriate in this case.

First of all, considering the evidence, why did it take 13 months to charge this officer?
Why was the video kept buried for this long and only released after court order?
Why didn't any of the other officers shoot, if this teen posed a threat?
Why did the officer shoot 15 more times, after the teen had already been shot and was on the ground?

I would like to know the answer to these questions.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe a wider investigation is appropriate in this case.

First of all, considering the evidence, why did it take 13 months to charge this officer?
Why was the video kept buried for this long and only released after court order?
Why didn't any of the other officers shoot, if this teen posed a threat?
Why did the officer shoot 15 more times, after the teen had already been shot and was on the ground?

I would like to know the answer to these questions.

Your questions are too logical.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is all hearsay until it comes out officially. Do you have any evidence linking Emanuel to any cover up?
Other than Rahm wanted to suppress the video of the murder, offered the family $5mil, five officers watched surveillance video then ends up missing after they leave - and without a search warrant - & it took thirteen months to bring charges, no.

You?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Other than Rahm wanted to suppress the video of the murder, offered the family $5mil, five officers watched surveillance video then ends up missing after they leave - and without a search warrant - & it took thirteen months to bring charges, no.

You?
Looks like an opinion.

Any evidence to support the opinion.

you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Something seriously wrong with the cop that shot the kid. What puzzles me is that the other cops would defend him knowing that they could all go down because of it. :scratch:
The other cops defending is the least of what puzzles me. That is what they do.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The CPD lied when they stated Laquan lunged at them, what makes you think they wouldn't lie about the footage they erased?

BTW, why are you yelling?
I have no opinion on the matter. I was merely providing information. I don't trust cops too much....

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Looks like an opinion.

Any evidence to support the opinion.

you?
Of course it's my opinion. Who else's would it be?

Based on:

All the officers stated Laquan lunged towards them - video shows he didn't.
16 rounds entering Laquan's body - four of them in the back.
The officer who shot Laquan was in the processing of reloading a new magazine and his fellow officers had to stop him.
There was only one officer who fired.
City of Chicago offerred $5mil to the family - why?
Rahm fought to suppress the video tape - why?
Burger King security footage there before five cops entered, it was gone after they left - what happened.
Why didn't the cops have a search warrant before they viewed the security footage?

What's your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/laquan-mcdonald-burger-king-video_5655c5abe4b072e9d1c1469b

Police Say They Had Nothing To Do With Missing Footage In Laquan McDonald Case

They also said McDonald "lunged at the police" prior to being shot, which, per the video evidence released, is patently false.

Five officers come into the Burger King, demand access to the video footage, get that access, and the next people to try to review the footage find the footage deleted.

"In a statement in May, a spokesman for the IPRA said, "We have no credible evidence at this time that would cause us to believe CPD purged or erased any surveillance video.""

No credible evidence....except the fact that they demanded access to the video without a warrant, and the video was never seen again.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Something seriously wrong with the cop that shot the kid. What puzzles me is that the other cops would defend him knowing that they could all go down because of it. :scratch:

Don't worry, the system will let the one guy go down for it, and let the other cops who attempted to cover get off with a stern warning.

Upvote 0