Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, the system will let the one guy go down for it, and let the other cops who attempted to cover get off with a stern warning.

Well I guess they can't fire the whole corrupt police force. :sigh:

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He had a Glock I believe which has 17 bullets, he emptied 16 into the kid. Feels like this was waiting for the day he can fire his gun. Cops are taught to do quick shot firing but 16 bullets was overboard. Especially considering the guy laid on the ground for like 8 seconds then the cop opened fire again. The guy may have been using PCP and all but a taser should have been a first method of stopping him. Though from what I seen he didn't do anything that deserved to get him killed. He turned around. Didn't realize turning meant "Shoot 16 bullets in me!".

Reactions: katherine2001
Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It happened under Rahm Emanuel's watch, and he did nothing to prevent it.

The mayor is supposed to be watching everything the police do on every call? He has no work of his own to do than monitor every call a cop goes out on?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like a good reason to fire the police chief....

9/11 happened under Bush's watch and he did nothing to prevent it. He stuck around for 2 full terms.

I am not defending Emanuel, but there has to be more than "it happened on his watch"

My thoughts exactly.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The mayor is supposed to be watching everything the police do on every call? He has no work of his own to do than monitor every call a cop goes out on?
The shooting itself is not his direct fault. The aftermath, though...

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the problem is how he handled the aftermath / cover up.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟296,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If the president of a university can be held personally accountable for every isolated claim of racism, (even off campus claims), then the mayor of a city can be held personally personally accountable for the actions and misconduct of it's police department. Do you think Timothy Wolfe should have been forced to step down? (just looking for consistency here)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,968.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If the president of a university can be held personally accountable for every isolated claim of racism, (even off campus claims), then the mayor of a city can be held personally personally accountable for the actions and misconduct of it's police department. Do you think Timothy Wolfe should have been forced to step down? (just looking for consistency here)
Apparently, you want Emanuel fired based on some other situation where a President of a college was fired. Is there any evidence to justify such a comparison?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟296,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Apparently, you want Emanuel fired based on some other situation where a President of a college was fired. Is there any evidence to justify such a comparison?

I am drawing a parallel. I am beginning to see hypocrisy and double-standards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Officers had to request backup with a taser. Why weren't they supplied with tasers? If all you give your cops is guns, guess what they are going to use to solve problems.
This department is being mismanaged.

Beanbag to the chest would have dropped the kid like a rock.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Beanbag to the chest would have dropped the kid like a rock.
Yep, lots of ways these cops could have handled it.

Cop is a murderer for unloading on the kid like something out of an action movie. Department is negligent for not giving officers enough non-lethal options.

Video made me sick.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

First of all, the mayor can not be fired, just as Kim Davis could not be fired.

Secondly, something is amiss here, for it to take 13 months to charge this officer and I would like to know what that is and who was involved.

How long do you think it would have taken to charge the kid, if he shot a cop?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just watched the video, and I'm saddened and disturbed by it. I can think of about ten different ways that "officer" could have handled it without shooting him.
It can be found on YouTube searching:
USA: Footage released of police killing black teen Laquan McDonald in Chicago *GRAPHIC*

May justice prevail. God rest his soul to peace. :(

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not shocked when we see the black lives matter movement getting so much slack by americans. It's not shocking that we live in a country where this happens. The reality is this is why black people don't call the police this is why chicago has so many murders.

The gangs in Chicago regulated the streets, there wasn't crack in Chicago until they arrested Jeff Fort. They arrested all of the gang leaders, now the kids have no sort of direction other than money. If a kid in Chicago is gettting jumped and bullied he is going to join a gang. If a kid in chicago has been shot at he's going to join a gang. If a kid from chicago had a family member murdered they will join a gang.

Either the police need to fix their act or get out of these communities youre doing this in.

If there wasn't a video he would be another dead knife wielding thug.

Black lives dont matter in america.

Upvote 0