Chicago Police Release Footage of Laquan McDonald Shooting

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Black lives need to matter to black people first!

It's not white gangs that are slinging crack in the black neighborhoods. It isn't white gangs that are killing black people in the black neighborhoods in America. It isn't white people who started, and this is beneath contempt, a retail clothing line that reads: "DON'T SNITCH!" So that the intimidation factor that threatens black people who might even think of calling police on black drug dealers and black gangs think twice.

It isn't white people who commit to drive by shootings with such frequency that good people in their homes sit on the floor to avoid stray bullets coming through the windows and killing them. It isn't white people's bullets that shoot babies and children when their parent(s) dare to let them play out of doors in their neighborhoods.

It isn't white people who are poisoning black communities with crack and other drugs and then spit rhymes in recordings so they can later get a recording contract, live in homes well away from the ghetto where they started out, drive cars they use to jack, while spitting more rhymes about their old lifestyle and that gets them unit sales due to people in their old neighborhoods idolizing those that made it out. And buying those CD's.But took the lifestyle with them when it comes to exploiting the tragedy they left behind in rhymes on a CD.

It isn't white people who pimp their girlfriends and other women in their neighborhood.

Black lives matter? Blacks need to commit to proving that in their own community before they start marching against cops for prosecuting and policing what is in clear evidence that at the present moment, black lives don't matter one bit....to those kind of blacks!

Stop blaming everyone else for the degradation that's happening in their own communities! It isn't a white issue when blacks victimize blacks!

I'm not shocked when we see the black lives matter movement getting so much slack by americans. It's not shocking that we live in a country where this happens. The reality is this is why black people don't call the police this is why chicago has so many murders.

The gangs in Chicago regulated the streets, there wasn't crack in Chicago until they arrested Jeff Fort. They arrested all of the gang leaders, now the kids have no sort of direction other than money. If a kid in Chicago is gettting jumped and bullied he is going to join a gang. If a kid in chicago has been shot at he's going to join a gang. If a kid from chicago had a family member murdered they will join a gang.

Either the police need to fix their act or get out of these communities youre doing this in.

If there wasn't a video he would be another dead knife wielding thug.

Black lives dont matter in america.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like some people think others need to lose their jobs:
http://mashable.com/2015/11/25/nati...ource=feedburner&utm_medium=feed#ymt53bNN8Oqj
The National Bar Association wants Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy and Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez to lose their jobs after Chicago released video on Tuesday of former police officer Jason Van Dyke fatally shooting 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.

The city had tried to keep the video under wraps since Van Dyke killed McDonald on Oct. 20, 2014. Alvarez announced first-degree murder charges for Van Dyke on Tuesday, but many think the charges and the video's release came far too late.
tulc(in case we were still talking about the OP) :wave:

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It's not white gangs that are slinging crack in the black neighborhoods. It isn't white gangs that are killing black people in the black neighborhoods in America. It isn't white people who started, and this is beneath contempt, a retail clothing line that reads: "DON'T SNITCH!" So that the intimidation factor that threatens black people who might even think of calling police on black drug dealers and black gangs think twice.

It isn't white people who commit to drive by shootings with such frequency that good people in their homes sit on the floor to avoid stray bullets coming through the windows and killing them. It isn't white people's bullets that shoot babies and children when their parent(s) dare to let them play out of doors in their neighborhoods.

It isn't white people who are poisoning black communities with crack and other drugs and then spit rhymes in recordings so they can later get a recording contract, live in homes well away from the ghetto where they started out, drive cars they use to jack, while spitting more rhymes about their old lifestyle and that gets them unit sales due to people in their old neighborhoods idolizing those that made it out. And buying those CD's.But took the lifestyle with them when it comes to exploiting the tragedy they left behind in rhymes on a CD.

It isn't white people who pimp their girlfriends and other women in their neighborhood.

Black lives matter? Blacks need to commit to proving that in their own community before they start marching against cops for prosecuting and policing what is in clear evidence that at the present moment, black lives don't matter one bit....to those kind of blacks!

Stop blaming everyone else for the degradation that's happening in their own communities! It isn't a white issue when blacks victimize blacks!
I am black my life matters to me, I went to college, I never got heavy into anything illegal, currently majority of my friends are black professionals. When you say black lives need to matter to black which black people are you talking about? You mean to tell me the 61% of black tax paying citizens in america don't care about themselves because they are black?

In 2010 there were 1,341,355 college black students. Why don't black lives matter to them?

The reality is there is a small percentage of the community committing a vast majority of the crimes. The police are to stupid and under trained to even understand what is going on in the area they police. The american public is to ignorant and uncultured to even look at american culture harshly.

OOOooooooooooooh you think black rappers make all that money off of CD sales? Who owns the companies they sign to? In fact before the introduction to the cooperate world black rap and hip hop was pretty positive until white record excs got hold of groups like NWA. Rappers mostly are sellouts that don't even get paid properly for what they are doing to their community. Even currently a lot of rappers are moving away towards the independent circuit because the way these major record companies have abused them. I don't think people idolize those that get out in the community that's what white media feeds people. Most rappers can't go back to their old neighborhoods, they would be a target. Most people that are within the element they aren't going to be proud of someone that has made a level of success. Black people constantly talk about haters ect because their is a crab in the barrel mentality within the community.

Why does the fact I listen to rap, automatically makes me someone that doesn't love black people? I would rather listen to rap than listen to country music, when I listen to music I want to listen to people that look like me, talk like me and dress like me. So while I wasn't in the trap house when I listen to future songs commas, but I was on my way to work with the same mentality.

Black men don't pimp women in the black community. Pimping is dead, most of these women use services like backpage and craigslist. The going thing in the community is finding out your girlfriend is a prostitute. There are far more brothers having unknowing relationships with prostitutes than there are black men pimping women. Technology replaced the pimp.

Who makes money off the bullets, who makes money of the gun shots, who makes money of the court and the jail, who makes money off the prison system.

No I hate the police, it's hard for me to even feel sorry for their families. I wouldn't march against the police because that does nothing. What I did was go to law school, work hard and save up money made a few investments........network very well. I don't march against police officers I try to take the way they provide from their families away if they are even remotely rude to me. I know black judges, bishops, attorneys, professors and even politicians. I've tried to get 4 cops fired before I was successful twice in getting a termination. If a police officer cusses at me, ignores me, isn't helpful and or breaks the law I am going to get his job. The other two were suspended but they really didn't do anything more than be unprofessional. I want to look the two up on facebook and send them a #blacklivesmatter

1)1,300,000 vs 800,000 but black lives don't matter because of minority within the community. That's racist if the bigger number doesn't speak for the why does the 39% speak for them? I think it's because america wants black americans to be animals. It's not a reality, majority of black inmates are non-violent and or drug offenders. Majority of black men aren't going to jail for murder.

Why is it that in america 1,300,00 is bigger than 800,000......points to racism

2) Well that is because white people are in their own communities doing and selling drugs but because they aren't targeted as often they have less arrested. White teens and kids are more likely to sell and use drugs but black teens are more likely to be arrested for drug use. So yes they are selling drugs in the community and it's dumb because they aren't white they can't get away with it.

3) How many kids on college campus had a stop snitching t shirt? Most white people don't understand about snitching. How can a good neighbor, tax paying mother be considered a snitch? That old lady that calls the police on the drug dealers why isn't she labeled a snitch.

A snitch is an individual that does a crime with a person and gets caught. Instead of doing their time for the wrong they did as a man they tell to get a lesser punishment. That's a snitch the old mother that doesn't mind her business they have another name for her.

That was more so media pushed than a new idea. The white media push these ideas on kids that don't even understand. If me and you got into an altercation and my wife called the police on us. The min you would state "she's a snitch" I know you don't understand certain of the street.

4) Give me a thug I knew as child standing on the end of my block over a police officer any day. What white people don't know is if I get robbed who do I go to? Someone takes advantage of me or my family who do I go to? When my grandfather fell who was with him? When my grandma is struggling who gives her rides home? Who called me when I was out of town about how I need to do better by my grandparents? Who dropped food of to them for free of charge?

I saw a drug dealer in my grandma's neighborhood kick a lady off his block because she was beating her child. He let her know if anything else happens or he see's it she has street problems, the little boy has to go by to the block once a week or they are hunting for the mother.

There's no way I am going to go to the police. I've been threatened several times, almost fought a cop he threw his badge and everything his partner saw the gym and knew what was going to happen, I've had my privates touched, I've had my car searched illegal just about every time I drive it into my grandma's community, I've witnessed them go into a family members homes with no warrants, when sean bell was shot and killed I have an uncle that is a pastor have his son charged with murder as pay back for being outspoken. Of course they sued the police and won money but yet and still the most kind thing an officer has done for me has been to give me a ticket and be professional.

I'm always going to pick the thug over the police officer. Just because...........the thug says hello to me and gives me a smile and treats me kindly. He lives in the community and other than the extreme individuals it benefits me more than the police.

5) America has to be careful more and more black professionals are looking at international countries. I'm in law school, I got a BA off of your tax dollars........the government told me "hey your a smart kid we want to pay for your education." I looked at all the careers and what would make the most money and I went with that. America will never benefit from my education, and it's almost like my personal revenge on systematic racism. I encourage other black professionals to move out of america, and move to a country with a better dollar value and racial relations.

Black people in America are starting to travel more, build more business and own more homes and property. We will smarten up and understand america isn't for us.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the warning.

I am black my life matters to me, I went to college, I never got heavy into anything illegal, currently majority of my friends are black professionals. When you say black lives need to matter to black which black people are you talking about? You mean to tell me the 61% of black tax paying citizens in america don't care about themselves because they are black?

In 2010 there were 1,341,355 college black students. Why don't black lives matter to them?

The reality is there is a small percentage of the community committing a vast majority of the crimes. The police are to stupid and under trained to even understand what is going on in the area they police. The american public is to ignorant and uncultured to even look at american culture harshly.

OOOooooooooooooh you think black rappers make all that money off of CD sales? Who owns the companies they sign to? In fact before the introduction to the cooperate world black rap and hip hop was pretty positive until white record excs got hold of groups like NWA. Rappers mostly are sellouts that don't even get paid properly for what they are doing to their community. Even currently a lot of rappers are moving away towards the independent circuit because the way these major record companies have abused them. I don't think people idolize those that get out in the community that's what white media feeds people. Most rappers can't go back to their old neighborhoods, they would be a target. Most people that are within the element they aren't going to be proud of someone that has made a level of success. Black people constantly talk about haters ect because their is a crab in the barrel mentality within the community.

Why does the fact I listen to rap, automatically makes me someone that doesn't love black people? I would rather listen to rap than listen to country music, when I listen to music I want to listen to people that look like me, talk like me and dress like me. So while I wasn't in the trap house when I listen to future songs commas, but I was on my way to work with the same mentality.

Black men don't pimp women in the black community. Pimping is dead, most of these women use services like backpage and craigslist. The going thing in the community is finding out your girlfriend is a prostitute. There are far more brothers having unknowing relationships with prostitutes than there are black men pimping women. Technology replaced the pimp.

Who makes money off the bullets, who makes money of the gun shots, who makes money of the court and the jail, who makes money off the prison system.

No I hate the police, it's hard for me to even feel sorry for their families. I wouldn't march against the police because that does nothing. What I did was go to law school, work hard and save up money made a few investments........network very well. I don't march against police officers I try to take the way they provide from their families away if they are even remotely rude to me. I know black judges, bishops, attorneys, professors and even politicians. I've tried to get 4 cops fired before I was successful twice in getting a termination. If a police officer cusses at me, ignores me, isn't helpful and or breaks the law I am going to get his job. The other two were suspended but they really didn't do anything more than be unprofessional. I want to look the two up on facebook and send them a #blacklivesmatter

1)1,300,000 vs 800,000 but black lives don't matter because of minority within the community. That's racist if the bigger number doesn't speak for the why does the 39% speak for them? I think it's because america wants black americans to be animals. It's not a reality, majority of black inmates are non-violent and or drug offenders. Majority of black men aren't going to jail for murder.

Why is it that in america 1,300,00 is bigger than 800,000......points to racism

2) Well that is because white people are in their own communities doing and selling drugs but because they aren't targeted as often they have less arrested. White teens and kids are more likely to sell and use drugs but black teens are more likely to be arrested for drug use. So yes they are selling drugs in the community and it's dumb because they aren't white they can't get away with it.

3) How many kids on college campus had a stop snitching t shirt? Most white people don't understand about snitching. How can a good neighbor, tax paying mother be considered a snitch? That old lady that calls the police on the drug dealers why isn't she labeled a snitch.

A snitch is an individual that does a crime with a person and gets caught. Instead of doing their time for the wrong they did as a man they tell to get a lesser punishment. That's a snitch the old mother that doesn't mind her business they have another name for her.

That was more so media pushed than a new idea. The white media push these ideas on kids that don't even understand. If me and you got into an altercation and my wife called the police on us. The min you would state "she's a snitch" I know you don't understand certain of the street.

4) Give me a thug I knew as child standing on the end of my block over a police officer any day. What white people don't know is if I get robbed who do I go to? Someone takes advantage of me or my family who do I go to? When my grandfather fell who was with him? When my grandma is struggling who gives her rides home? Who called me when I was out of town about how I need to do better by my grandparents? Who dropped food of to them for free of charge?

I saw a drug dealer in my grandma's neighborhood kick a lady off his block because she was beating her child. He let her know if anything else happens or he see's it she has street problems, the little boy has to go by to the block once a week or they are hunting for the mother.

There's no way I am going to go to the police. I've been threatened several times, almost fought a cop he threw his badge and everything his partner saw the gym and knew what was going to happen, I've had my privates touched, I've had my car searched illegal just about every time I drive it into my grandma's community, I've witnessed them go into a family members homes with no warrants, when sean bell was shot and killed I have an uncle that is a pastor have his son charged with murder as pay back for being outspoken. Of course they sued the police and won money but yet and still the most kind thing an officer has done for me has been to give me a ticket and be professional.

I'm always going to pick the thug over the police officer. Just because...........the thug says hello to me and gives me a smile and treats me kindly. He lives in the community and other than the extreme individuals it benefits me more than the police.

5) America has to be careful more and more black professionals are looking at international countries. I'm in law school, I got a BA off of your tax dollars........the government told me "hey your a smart kid we want to pay for your education." I looked at all the careers and what would make the most money and I went with that. America will never benefit from my education, and it's almost like my personal revenge on systematic racism. I encourage other black professionals to move out of america, and move to a country with a better dollar value and racial relations.

Black people in America are starting to travel more, build more business and own more homes and property. We will smarten up and understand america isn't for us.

Well, where will you all go when you 'understand america isn't for you?" You could move to Niger right now. That's why that country was invented.

You'll always pick a thug over a polite police officer? That says everything about where you think you are. The education you've received, the dreams you've accomplished, and yet you're a bigot.

Who do the rappers contract to? Who do Hip Hop performers contract with? Happy to inform you what you clearly are unaware of, there are black owned labels out there and a plenty. See a list here

Yes, there are bad cops. I've encountered a few myself. But just as the black community objects to a broad brush painting them all with the same identity as the few bad in their community, so too the same goes for painting all cops with the brush that colors bad cops across the board.
Bad cops make good cops look bad. And good cops loathe bad cops.

As for the snitch, everyone knows what a snitch is so no side railing that one to your purposes. The don't snitch line wasn't created by white producers. It was created by blacks intent on sending a message to people in their own community.
And why don't snitch? So that the low lifes in the neighborhood can continue

Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just heard on Public Radio that city of Chicago offered the the murdered boy's family a $5mil. settlement shortly after the incident, and that Emanuel fought hard to keep the video tape private.

Money can't replace a life.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for the warning.

Well, where will you all go when you 'understand america isn't for you?" You could move to Niger right now. That's why that country was invented.

You'll always pick a thug over a polite police officer? That says everything about where you think you are. The education you've received, the dreams you've accomplished, and yet you're a bigot.

Who do the rappers contract to? Who do Hip Hop performers contract with? Happy to inform you what you clearly are unaware of, there are black owned labels out there and a plenty. See a list here

Yes, there are bad cops. I've encountered a few myself. But just as the black community objects to a broad brush painting them all with the same identity as the few bad in their community, so too the same goes for painting all cops with the brush that colors bad cops across the board.
Bad cops make good cops look bad. And good cops loathe bad cops.

As for the snitch, everyone knows what a snitch is so no side railing that one to your purposes. The don't snitch line wasn't created by white producers. It was created by blacks intent on sending a message to people in their own community.
And why don't snitch? So that the low lifes in the neighborhood can continue
Why must I have to go to africa. There are thousands of great countries that have a higher value of currency and far less racial tension. I would probably go to one of those countries, where I can build wealth, with a strong middle class. I won't move to a country that doesn't have a strong middle class.

No I wouldn't consider myself a bigot. Due to the fact that majority of the police officers I've encountered are unprofessional and break the law I don't think that's me being a bigot. If I buy into a company and one of their services I am unsatisfied with it's apparent why I would prefer the thugs. They don't bother me and I don't bother them. With the police I have to have interactions with them, walking and driving my car. I can go outside and decide I am not going to bother any thugs I can't make that same distinction with the police. If I am dressed a certain way, or if I am driving a car in a certain neighborhood I am going to have interaction. In NYC they typically are very unpleasant in MS I probably got in the most trouble with the law(speeding tickets, regular car stuff) I was never treated like scum of the earth. NYC, isn't like that at all most eastern states don't have polite police officers.

The problem is when the policy is prejudice. If I drive my car with a gangsta lean, which is how I learned how to drive, I will be stopped more. If I am wearing skinny jeans with an LV buckle with some jordans on I will be more likely to be stopped. If I drive my charger with my chain on I will be getting stopped. I want a BMW so bad but everyone is telling me not to get it, I will make myself a target. With all of my accomplishments why can't I drive what I want?

Good cops hate bad cops well when I get stopped sometimes it's 4 or 5 cops. I train and when they see the gym sticker they call for back up. Who stops them? Why do they go in my car and I haven't broken any laws, why am I stopped and I haven't broken any traffic laws........Because I am young, I have dreads, I am black and people can't afford to drive a car like that in my grandmother's community(well people my age). Where are those good cops that hate bad cops then. They don't hate bad cops they cover for them.

Most people don't understand the legal setup of a record label. The only labels that are not owned by sony, universal, EMI, and warner are all independent labels that don't have the income to bring that many artists to the mass. Majority of those labels legally are owned by blacks however they do have a parent company that are hovering over them. These music groups are the one's that actually have the control of the music industry. Most rappers are getting pennies off every dollar, most labels are getting a bit more than the rappers. Then we have to examine who is pushing these artists, how does a label get funding.

Let's look at Rocafella and Ruff Ryders. These were two companies that were inside a def jam building which is really owned by universal.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What does it mean to drive a car with a "gangsta lean"? I only know about shooting a gun "gangsta style", as in, sideways (which is a silly idea most of the time).

Do you turn the car sideways and drive on two wheels?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What does it mean to drive a car with a "gangsta lean"? I only know about shooting a gun "gangsta style", as in, sideways (which is a silly idea most of the time).

It's when you lean your seat back and you are driving. You know how crazy it is that they have this idea that gangster shot guns differently. They typically hold it straight to your head, the do shoot with one hand but it's rarely slanted. That's just media antics it doesn't even make sense. WHen someone wants to kill you they aren't worried about how the gun looks in their hand or if they are getting shot at nobody is thinking "boy it sure would be cool if I shoot like that."

This an extreme funny gangster lean but it's the same concept lean back.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

lol, I had to ask my s-i-l the same question just now. He used to live in the big city and he did know what the lean was. I've seen it in movies. :cool:

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly, if you drove around like that in Germany, no matter your skin color, you would be stopped, too.

Also, no seatbelt.
You can't lean that hard you can't see to drive, he's being funny making fun of a culture norm. I lean my chair back more like
pGPlAewOReKmhIDA6B7n_gangsta_lean.jpg
this or a better picture
10948772_1561778140768160_28611159_n.jpg
if a police officer see's me and I look like either picture I am going to be stopped. More than likely I won't get a ticket but I will be stopped.

Yeah you see someone driving like that the cops are going to stop them, even though it's not considered illegal. But those two pictures that shouldn't get a person pulled over. Particularly when I was learning to drive my father told me to lean back and not to drive like a girl. My father raised me to be a target, based on how I look when I drive.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Aah, I see. Still no seatbelts, but I get what you're saying. Someone shouldn't get pulled over for just sitting like that, if they observe all laws.

Don't look that manly either, but what do I know, it's culture, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Aah, I see. Still no seatbelts, but I get what you're saying. Someone shouldn't get pulled over for just sitting like that, if they observe all laws.

Don't look that manly either, but what do I know, it's culture, eh?
I got a daughter I always wear my seat belt, I have to make it home at night but I always lean too. In America if you drive a certain type of car, dress a certain way, listen to certain music in your car and you're black you will be eventually for no reason other than you look like the type of person that will commit a crime. They won't stop by wasting you're time they are going to cuss at you, they aren't going to follow the law and more than likely if you play it calm you will just be annoyed and made to feel less than. However if you talk back oh it might be bad night for you.

I won't talk back to a police officer at night or I'm not on a busy street or if I am wrong and they are professional.

I will always show respect to the officer that stops me because I broke a traffic law, remain calm, professional and kind. For example I have a cross and all that, church sticker, gym sticker looks like the back of a pick up truck. So I did some crazy sort of turn, I never really got used to driving in NYC before moving back. The officer walks up and I guess he could see I was trying to be tough but I was scared. I almost got hit by a car because the driver behind me kept honking and I got nervous.
I got a ticket, explained what happened and honestly this was the only police officer to ever do anything nice for me. He sat there and prayed with me, and told me get a ticket for holding up traffic don't get a ticket in the hospital all they can do is honk so long as I believe I can make it home safe.

That was a good cop, I wasn't a criminal, I got nervous and made a driving error and I was fined for it. However to actual be a human being and help me get confidence to make it home safely. He's a decent guy, if he just wrote the ticket and walked away he would have been very professional.

I got a ticket and as soon as I opened my mouth the police officer told me to shut up(using profanity). I mean how rude, last time I checked I'm a child of God. It was night time so I shut up like the punk I felt like. Couldn't look at myself for two weeks. That's more likely the attitude I get.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It was white people who spent 200+ years bringing blacks to this country and robbing them of the same economic and educational opportunities afforded to other groups, abusing them with government authority, pushing them into ghettos, and ultimately forcing them into a position of a permanent underclass, where issues like what you describe fester and thrive. Any group would act like that if forcefully impoverished and segregated from society; in the US, we did it to blacks.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It was white people who spent 200+ years bringing blacks to this country and robbing them of the same economic and educational opportunities afforded to other groups, abusing them with government authority, pushing them into ghettos, and ultimately forcing them into a position of a permanent underclass, where issues like what you describe fester and thrive. Any group would act like that if forcefully impoverished and segregated from society; in the US, we did it to blacks.
This is the absolute truth. Some people would do well to actually go and do some reading - you know, actually educate themselves so that they can have an informed opinion - instead of having knee jerk reactions to the news. But that's hatefulness for you. They simply want to believe what they believe - which is that black people are sub-par/sub-human. That's where racism lies.

Reactions: katherine2001
Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Not to mention the fact that for the almost 200 years in the history of this this country before the Civil War, whites thought it was perfectly okay to own other human beings made in the image and likeness of God and do whatever they wanted with them.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is the absolute truth. Some people would do well to actually go and do some reading - you know, actually educate themselves so that they can have an informed opinion - instead of having knee jerk reactions to the news. But that's hatefulness for you. They simply want to believe what they believe - which is that black people are sub-par/sub-human. That's where racism lies.

:amen:

Upvote 0