Jan 16, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there....:clap:

My name is Tina.
I am a Christian wife/mother and a Zumba/Zumba Toning instructor.
I am really struggling with finding some of my own music I can offer to my womens Zumba classes and was wondering if anyone else may possibly be a Zumba instructor as well and offer Zumba to ladies as a ministry, as I do, to where you have to be cautious of the the music you use??

There are so many awesome Choreographed songs out there but once I am able to get the lyrics translated over into English........many of the songs just wouldn't be appropriate for me to use in my classes!!!

There is a Christan band called Trinity Takeover that I have looked into and they have some great latin music to put Zumba choreo. to.....just wanted to pass that on to anyone who may be interested.

I would love to meet some other Christian Zumba instructors on here or other women who offer fitness classes to ladies as a ministry!!!
Thanks so much for reading and God bless!!
Tina :wave:

ZumbaMom

Jan 31, 2011
Reedsville, PA
Visit site
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Tina! I'm so glad to meet you. I am a Christian and am getting my Zumba certification on February 24th (nervous). I have 3 children (11, 6, 4) and am married. I am trying to put together a playlist that will be acceptable at my church as well. I do like Trinity Takeover and will be using some of their music. Can you tell me how you got the ZIN music translated into english?
Terri

Upvote 0

hisbride1977

Jan 31, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Hey!! I am a zumba instructor as well. I have been searching for some other christian instructors to talk with :clap: I would love to hear what u have to say about the zin music& the translation of some of the lyrics. I believe we are to worship&glorify the King in dance, but it seems hard to do when the music does not. I am struggling with this. I dont want to be continually filling my head with emptiness.....it is draining. But i love zumba. it is so hard to find good dance music that is good for the soul! what are your thoughts on this... :confused:

Upvote 0

ZumbaMom

Jan 31, 2011
Reedsville, PA
Visit site
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, this is great. I found out that the ZIN website has the lyrics on it in english. Also it apparantly tells you which songs could be considered "offensive". I am not certified yet (02/24/11 in Philadelphia), so I haven't seen it myself. There is a facebook page that is dedicated to Christian Zumba instructors (Zumba Christians) where you can find choreography to both Zumba and christian songs. I also started a group today on christianforums.com called Zumba For God, hoping to get some good discussions and support going.
Great to meet you!
Terri

Upvote 0

aprilsargent

Mar 25, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great point I think, that God will provide. I have been teaching and I have not translated any of the lyrics. I guess until reading this, I felt that as long as nothing stuck out that was offensive, especially if I didn't understand it, that nothing was wrong with it. I do take out "types" of songs or beats that are geared to more of the younger, harder crowd though, if I'm teaching at church or to older ladies. So far God has blessed this for me and I know that now that this has been brought before me, that He will even more when we try to glorify Him by cleaning it up. :) Glad I found this!

Upvote 0

jo_pranger

May 17, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tina, I took the Zumba basic and the Gold classes last month and am also a ZIN memeber. I have not yet started to teach yet, but I too was hoping to find the appropriate music to use. The reason I took this is so that I could teach zumba to the elderly population. I am thinking of going to the convention in July. Are you planing to attend?

If you wish to email me, my address is sunnyfj@live.com

Look forward to hearing from you!

Jo Pranger

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devotedfitness

Devoted Fitness
Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tina, I began a women's fitness ministry several years ago...Devoted Fitness. We are "group fitness for your soul!" Our playlists are entirely Christian music, we provide all choreography, and we now have instructors in 11 states and growing! All the moves are fun but clean, and all music glorifies Jesus. Every playlist includes music in multiple genres such as rock, praise/worship, hip/hop, gospel, rap, contemporary, etc. It is my desire to expose women to uplifting, energetic, slammin', Jesus music, and get an incredible workout in the meantime! I burn 650 - 750 calories each time that I dance our routines. Check us out online at www.devotedfitness.com, and share with your friends. My heart is heavily burdened to share the love of Jesus through dance and fitness, and God is really moving!!! We are also on Facebook and YouTube as well. We now have over 3000 Facebook fans. Peace, LaRae Puckett, M.S., Exercise Science, Devoted Fitness founder

Upvote 0

mindymandy81

Jul 18, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there!
I am a Zumba instructor too.
I started a Facebook Group called "Christians Who Love Zumba" where a bunch of Zumba Instructors and some people who just take Zumba classes discuss music and choreography choices that are appropriate and how we can glorify God through our classes. We have choreo videos posted to Christian songs, Latin and American. We also discuss the lyrics of the Zumba Music that the Zumba home office sends us. Some of the "Christians Who Love Zumba" members speak Spanish and are very helpful with translating! A lot of us teach classes at our churches. If you are on facebook, you are welcome to join. I also have some of my routines to Christian Music on Youtube. Just search for mindymandy81 on youtube. I will continue to add routines. God bless you all!

Upvote 0

dtrent

Jul 25, 2011
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey Everyone:

I'm soo happy to find others who are Christians and love Zumba! I just completed the Zumba Basic 1 Training and now I can teach Zumba!

I love to dance before the Lord and I also love to exercise! I see Zumba as a great combination of both - dance & exercise! I see Dance as a ministry to God, for God, by God and through God and I also see that Zumba can be a dance/exercise ministry to help others (and myself included)...My goal is to help, inspire, encourage, uplift and motivate others to be fit and live a healthy, happy life in Christ!

As I am preparing to teach Zumba my biggest concerns are the music, choreography and liability insurance. I believe we can have a cardio party and have fun but I do not want the lyrics, music, dance steps to be offensive especially in a Christian oriented environment! With that said, if anyone has any knowledge of Christian Latin, carribean, bollywood, etc. music, please let me know. I appreciate any information/guidance in helping me on my journey to teach Christian Zumba classes!

Thanks & Blessings to you,

Demetria

Upvote 0

godszumbagal

Aug 1, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi beautiful you fitness. i totally agree with your comments, and would love to connect with you and these other wonderful ladies. i'm brand new to this forum, so be patient with me. i have a question for jo pranger - where on the ZIN site was the translation of the songs? i couldn't find it. i loved that you shared that, since our instructor didn't. thanks. my email is the same as my username here, at gmail. wishing you all many blessings, kari

Upvote 0

KPTFit

Aug 24, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

My name is Tina.
I am really struggling with finding some of my own music I can offer to my womens Zumba classes and was wondering if anyone else may possibly be a Zumba instructor as well and offer Zumba to ladies as a ministry, as I do, to where you have to be cautious of the the music you use??

There are so many awesome Choreographed songs out there but once I am able to get the lyrics translated over into English........many of the songs just wouldn't be appropriate for me to use in my classes!!!

There is a Christan band called Trinity Takeover that I have looked into and they have some great latin music to put Zumba choreo. to.....just wanted to pass that on to anyone who may be interested.

I would love to meet some other Christian Zumba instructors on here or other women who offer fitness classes to ladies as a ministry!!!
Hi there,
I am looking for a Zumba Instructor myself for my studio here in Phoenix, AZ. You wouldnt happen to be in Phoenix would you?? As for music, I also do a cardio kickboxing class, but I only use instrumentals only. There is a great website called mp3ify and on this site, you can convert ANY song to just the instrumental version. So if there are songs out there with terrible lyrics, just use instrumentals. Its all the latest and popular songs that everyone listens to, just not the words. I use it as an avenue to draw people in and build relationships. Then we get to share our lives, and I get to share Christ. mp3ify only costs $20 a year. At least it did a year ago, but now they are becoming popular, so who knows. Check it out.

God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilly rivas

Dec 28, 2011
central florida, usa
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My name is Tina.

Helo Tina, I'm also a mom, wife, and a Zumba instructor, I teach in the community center where I live, since I started teaching not too long ago (about 1 month) I have the idea of teaching at my church, but I have no Idea how to go about it, or if I was even allowed to do it (by Zumba). I'm so thrilled to find that there is other christians teaching Zumba, I live in Palm Bay, Fl. any advised, I would appreciated, God bless!! LILLY

Upvote 0

emilieh

Feb 1, 2012
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Tina! I have a Christian Zumba class that I've been teaching since last May. We use a mix of music - all of it I feel comfortable using in the church. We use Jaci Velasquez's "Tango," TobyMac's "Funky Jesus Music" (that's a great reggaeton dance), David Crowder's "Church Music," Freddie Colloca's "Danza," Mandisa's "Stronger," and a few others. You CAN praise and do Zumba at the same time! We don't use any music that I wouldn't expect my pastor to be willing to listen to.

Upvote 0
F

Faithful2002

What is your opinion of Men in a Zumba class?, Im sorry if this question steps on any toes, but I realize that many women feel very uncomfortable exercising with any male presences in the room, however I happen to love Zumba and many other forms of dancing.

It has been suggested that I attend a Zumba instructors training seminar in my area and attempt to hold classes at my local christian church/school gymnasium to run in cooperation with healthful living classes. However I face many biased opinions on the matter.

When I was approached with the request in the first place it was because I attended local Zumba classes and participated in a Zumbathon for breast cancer, members of my church wanted a female instructor to teach, however the plan fell through.

Its not hard for me to tell that women are very uncomfortable mixing zumba with men in the room, but I still feel a slight calling in that direction. If anyone has any advice or criticizms please feel free to share them.

Upvote 0