Zucchini Cordon Bleu

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That's what I called my lunch.

I was given a rather large zucchini: about a thumb's length in diameter and a little over a span long and we had some bacon we needed to use quickly. I though about it and decided on the following.

I had about an inch of a bunch of shallots [the little onion things, you know]. It was about an inch in diameter. I chopped them finely [like fresh herbs] and added them to cheese in a bowl [no exact measurements, just two 5 finger lifts from bag to bowl] and stirred in 2 generous shakes of basil along with salt and pepper to taste. I mixed it thoroughly for an even distribution.

I sliced the zucchini in about 2-2&1/2 mil thickness lengthwise and lightly fried the bacon [which was lean bacon]. I soaked the zucchini in simmering water a short while to soften it so I could roll it; laid it out on a cutting board and layered the bacon and cheese mix on top. I rolled these and pushed a toothpick through the fleshy part of the zucchini [one on each side] to hold them together and, since I was only making 3, I put them in a deep pan and covered it with a lid. I left them on the stove top for the cheese to melt and, voila, zucchini cordon bleu.

I enjoyed them and found them quite filling, what do you think?

• Informative
Reactions: Michie

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's what I called my lunch.

I was given a rather large zucchini: about a thumb's length in diameter and a little over a span long and we had some bacon we needed to use quickly. I though about it and decided on the following.

I had about an inch of a bunch of shallots [the little onion things, you know]. It was about an inch in diameter. I chopped them finely [like fresh herbs] and added them to cheese in a bowl [no exact measurements, just two 5 finger lifts from bag to bowl] and stirred in 2 generous shakes of basil along with salt and pepper to taste. I mixed it thoroughly for an even distribution.

I sliced the zucchini in about 2-2&1/2 mil thickness lengthwise and lightly fried the bacon [which was lean bacon]. I soaked the zucchini in simmering water a short while to soften it so I could roll it; laid it out on a cutting board and layered the bacon and cheese mix on top. I rolled these and pushed a toothpick through the fleshy part of the zucchini [one on each side] to hold them together and, since I was only making 3, I put them in a deep pan and covered it with a lid. I left them on the stove top for the cheese to melt and, voila, zucchini cordon bleu.

I enjoyed them and found them quite filling, what do you think?
Sounds very interesting! Thank you for sharing. I’ll let you know if we try this. :)

Upvote 0