• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Easy Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,894,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ingredients​

• ▢ 1 pound spicy Italian ground sausage- use mild for kid-friendly
  • ▢ 4 tablespoons butter
  • ▢ ½ white onion - diced
  • ▢ 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • ▢ 6 cups chicken broth
  • ▢ 2 cups water
  • ▢ 4-5 yellow potatoes - cut into 1-inch pieces
  • ▢ 3 teaspoons salt - or to taste
  • ▢ 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • ▢ 2 cups heavy cream
  • ▢ 4 cups chopped kale
  • ▢ chopped bacon or bacon bits and grated parmesan cheese for topping - optional

Instructions​

• In a large pot saute sausage 5-6 minutes until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
  • In the same pot, add butter and saute onions over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute until fragrant.
  • Add chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender. Stir in kale, and heavy cream. Add sausage. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese and/or bacon if desired.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,894,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just had it with bread sticks and Alfredo sauce to dip the bread in. The soup turned out just like the one at Olive Garden. I think I might add a bit more garlic next time. This is my mother in law’s favorite soup so he’ll be bringing her some tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,894,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never heard of zuppa toscana (we don’t get out to real restaurants much) until after my daughter was born. I have made it a few times since then and love it!
My mother in law just loves the stuff and this recipe is better than the restaurant imo.

Upvote 0