Visit site
✟676,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey These are both about 12x16 acrylics and are scenes from Zion in Utah. The one on the right was a quick sketch. I don't know if i should leave it loose or tighten it up. The left one has a lot of palette knife work. The one on the right was done with an old flat brush with stiff bristles that were stuck together. The strokes were making 4 parallel lines which blurs the image in areas and creates an optical vibration that looks a little 3d irl. Might be a new technique. .Wondering if I could load half the brush with blue and the other with red and how the image would look wearing 3 d glasses.

IMG-6003.jpg IMG-6002.jpg

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may have to travel there some time. You have gotten a lot of paintings out of that location!

I like the palette knife look.

A bit of the 3d effect of the other comes through on here. I zoomed in to see the texture from the four sections of bristles to get a good idea of what is causing it.

Would that work with the different color paints? Do they use that for the actual film in 3d or just the glasses? I would be interested to find what you come up with.

The digital painting program I have used on the Nintendo 3ds is interesting because it has a built in 3d effect if you structure the painting correctly. But it is based on layer management. This is like a slightly different impasto effect.

Interesting!

Upvote 0