Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suspect there will be a movie deal down the line somewhere. It will take time but he'll get past it sooner or later
Perhaps he can become a reality tv star or a Fox commentator.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you try the corrected links without the page references in them?
Yes. Two worked, the others didn't. The trouble is that he's trying to use me as an example to prove his point, but I have only alluded to the possibility that Corey has given in to public pressure, while not making the argument that she actually has. So, as I said, he only came up with one example. Point failed.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps he can become a reality tv star or a Fox commentator.
My guess is that he will relocate and change his name. Sort of create his own version of the witness protection program. The movie deal/book deal could set him for for a comfortable life somewhere. Of course then he'll be a one percenter and draw the ire of the Wall St Squatters. :D:D:D

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep...kinda tainting the jury before the process even starts. If Martin's family is portrayed as being the All-American family, it becomes harder to fathom Martin as possibly criminal.
Prosecutors are traditionally sympathetic to the victim's family. Even the defense, while sullying the victim's reputation, tread lightly around the grieving family.

The prosecutors have no obligation to aid the defense in sliming the victim as "possibly criminal"; on the contrary, that would be undermining their own case. The investigation should be neutral, not the prosecution.

I hope that no matter what the outcome, a perceived hate crime is not answered with a blatant hate crime.
What blatant hate crime? Are you claiming that Zimmerman is being prosecuted because race, religion, gender or country of origin? It really does seem to be that he is being tried because he killed a man needlessly.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
What blatant hate crime? Are you claiming that Zimmerman is being prosecuted because race, religion, gender or country of origin? It really does seem to be that he is being tried because he killed a man needlessly.

No, I mean that ultimately if Zimmerman is freed that no one decides to take "justice" into their own hands...which would be a hate crime.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I mean that ultimately if Zimmerman is freed that no one decides to take "justice" into their own hands...which would be a hate crime.
Oh, yes, that would be. I hope that doesn't happen in or out of jail.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
What troubled me about Corey's comments were her remarks about Martin's parents, referring to them once as a "sweet family". That seemed odd to me.

Prejudicial, no doubt. The "sweet family" keeps switching things up though. After Z was charged the mom said she thought it was an accident. She then later "clarified" what she meant was that it was an accident that they happened to meet that night. (rolls eyes) I'm sure Sharpton gave her a talking to which resulted in the correction.

As far as Trayvon is concerned, he has a history that the media has been trying like crazy to supress. Afterall, he had burglary tools and stolen jewelry in his backback. He was propped by a friend or cousin for assaulting a bus driver. He was known to be a small-time drug dealer. He sported tats and gold teeth....all symbols of the gang life. But the media keeps showing him in cute, innocent, little boy pics. Awww, now who would harm such an angel? I'm not saying Z didn't do anything wrong, but this whole story has been nothing but a media circus from the get-go and the attempt has been portray Z as an out-of-control vigilanty heck-bent on profiling and rooting out black people. No wonder the guy ran and hid.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prejudicial, no doubt. The "sweet family" keeps switching things up though. After Z was charged the mom said she thought it was an accident. She then later "clarified" what she meant was that it was an accident that they happened to meet that night. (rolls eyes) I'm sure Sharpton gave her a talking to which resulted in the correction.

As far as Trayvon is concerned, he has a history that the media has been trying like crazy to supress. Afterall, he had burglary tools and stolen jewelry in his backback. He was propped by a friend or cousin for assaulting a bus driver. He was known to be a small-time drug dealer. He sported tats and gold teeth....all symbols of the gang life. But the media keeps showing him in cute, innocent, little boy pics. Awww, now who would harm such an angel? I'm not saying Z didn't do anything wrong, but this whole story has been nothing but a media circus from the get-go and the attempt has been portray Z as an out-of-control vigilanty heck-bent on profiling and rooting out black people. No wonder the guy ran and hid.
Makes you wonder why the media chose to overstate Zimmerman"s case, yet understate Martin's

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Makes you wonder why the media chose to overstate Zimmerman"s case, yet understate Martin's

and this is an excellent question. Why over/under state any of the cases? Why not just report the news?

Or was it not really newsworthy that a Hispanic adult shot and killed a 17 year old unarmed black kid?

Upvote 0

Leere

Mar 22, 2011
✟8,488.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Two worked, the others didn't. The trouble is that he's trying to use me as an example to prove his point, but I have only alluded to the possibility that Corey has given in to public pressure, while not making the argument that she actually has. So, as I said, he only came up with one example. Point failed.

:doh:

goalposts_moving-back.bmp

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As far as Trayvon is concerned, he has a history that the media has been trying like crazy to supress. Afterall, he had burglary tools and stolen jewelry in his backback.

Those items were not found at the date of the shooting, that was a separate incident in October.

He was propped by a friend or cousin for assaulting a bus driver.

That incident was shown to be a myth:

Trayvon Martin: Fact vs. Fiction - WPIX

He was known to be a small-time drug dealer.

A kid selling some pot he has does not a dealer make, otherwise I knew hundreds of them during high school.

He sported tats and gold teeth....all symbols of the gang life.

He didn't have gold teeth, he had golden metal in his braces. Tattoo's are not indicitive of gang membership unless they are gang symbols. My sister had a tattoo at his age, she wasn't part of any gang.

Trayvon was no angel, but he wasn't a thug either, he was a teenager. Think about the things you did as a kid, your friends did, your parents did. We always seem to forgive those things, but are quick to judge others, especially it seems, when they are black. I've had a coworker brag about robbing a place when he was a teenager and call a black kid caught doing the same thing as a n----- in the same hour.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those items were not found at the date of the shooting, that was a separate incident in October.
Zimmerman didn't shove a police officer on the date of the incident but that hasn't stopped people from using against him

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

That incident was shown to be a myth:

Trayvon Martin: Fact vs. Fiction - WPIX

A kid selling some pot he has does not a dealer make, otherwise I knew hundreds of them during high school.

He didn't have gold teeth, he had golden metal in his braces. Tattoo's are not indicitive of gang membership unless they are gang symbols. My sister had a tattoo at his age, she wasn't part of any gang.

Trayvon was no angel, but he wasn't a thug either, he was a teenager. Think about the things you did as a kid, your friends did, your parents did. We always seem to forgive those things, but are quick to judge others, especially it seems, when they are black. I've had a coworker brag about robbing a place when he was a teenager and call a black kid caught doing the same thing as a n----- in the same hour.

And my point is that the rush to judgement in this case has been against Z in this case, NOT Martin. He's being portrayed as a sweet, innocent kid. He's not.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes. Two worked, the others didn't. The trouble is that he's trying to use me as an example to prove his point, but I have only alluded to the possibility that Corey has given in to public pressure, while not making the argument that she actually has. So, as I said, he only came up with one example.
\
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648281/#post60239786 - post #19
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648281/#post60240020 - post #36
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648281/#post60240767 - post #48
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648281/#post60241354 - post #52
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648281/#post60242134 - post #64
http://www.christianforums.com/t7648281/#post60243399 - post #100

I don't know why these links don't work for you, but there are the post numbers so you can easily look them up.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And my point is that the rush to judgement in this case has been against Z in this case, NOT Martin. He's being portrayed as a sweet, innocent kid. He's not.
Sounds like you've rushed to judge Martin here. You declare that he is not a sweet, innocent kid as though you actually knew him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New developments in the Zimmerman case.

"Neighbors of George Zimmerman say he had bandages on his nose and head the day after he shot dead Trayvon Martin, supporting statements by the neighborhood watch volunteer that he was beaten in a confrontation with the black Florida teenager."

Upvote 0