Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That's a heckuva charge and they better have some darn good evidence for a conviction.

It's my prediction that the charges are simply trumped and hyped for media play and that when he goes to trial the jury will deadlock or acquit him.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Must have been Martin's voice on the 911 tape pleading for his life just before Zimmerman shot him...

Or it could be that the city of Sanford is tired of a race war being played out in their streets and would do anything to quiet the race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson, NBP and Neo Nazis.

Reactions: jennimatts
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟369,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Or it could be that the city of Sanford is tired of a race war being played out in their streets and would do anything to quiet the race baiters like Sharpton, Jackson, NBP and Neo Nazis.
or it could....just COULD be the there is now considered to be sufficient evidence to press charges.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
The ridiculous thing is that he should go free. The US law system is fundamentaly sound but you have political lobby laws that put you in a situation like this.
One dude thinks another dude is up to no good while the othe dude thinks the same about the first. An escalating threat display and bam someone is dead. but the law says anyone who is being threatened this way may stand his ground and use a gun if they have it (paraphrase). This is THE issue. the rest is window dressing.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think they are shooting too high with the charge given the information we have now.
What was the angle of the bullet? How far away were the two when Zimmerman pulled the trigger? How did Martin end up face down? Truth is, we really don't know much and much of what we "know" is conflicting.

But I can't deny that I'm really excited about the trial. It will be a really interesting one.
If there is a trial. It would be a big gamble for Zimmerman not to plead, even if he were innocent. One benefit for him of all this publicity is that he'll probably get a good lawyer, possibly pro bono (for the pr to the law firm or because they truly support the cause) or paid for from donations.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
This case was taken out of the hands of the City of Sanford when they failed to properly investigate a homicide. The City of Sanford does not have a good record in these matters.

Who is the NBP, and what Neo Nazis are you talking about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This case was taken out of the hands of the City of Sanford when they failed to properly investigate a homicide. The City of Sanford does not have a good record in these matters.

Who is the NBP, and what Neo Nazis are you talking about?

NBP - New Black Panthers. And there were rumors of a hand full of Neo Nazi skinheads showing up in Sanford, albeit a small number. My concern is that things will heat up once this goes to trial.

Svt4Him said:
Why is he racist?

I was wondering the same thing. Zimmerman is a racial minority himself who happened to tutor black youth in his spare time. Doesn't sound like a terribly racist man to me. A little overzealous in his position as captain of the neighborhood watch? Definitely. A racist? It's already been proven the media altered the 911 recordings to make it sound as if he called Martin a coon (now it's been proven he was remarking on how cold it was outside) and said, "he looks black" after he said the guy looked suspicious when we know now he was responding to the 911 dispatcher's question of what race Martin was.

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is he racist?

Yeah, I agree that it's hard to know what is in this man's mind as far as being a racist goes. I think it would have been better if everyone just kept the racism out of it. A teenager was killed needlessly here. I think what the state of Florida needs to do is to determine whether there was a crime comitted and take it from there. At this point the state believes there is enough evidence to support a charge of second degree murder.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman accepted a plea to manslaghter, but if the evidence is strong enough for murder 2 it won't be offered by the state.

Upvote 0