National pro-life group honors 84-year-old woman shot while canvassing against abortion

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'She is a true witness to the Culture of Life and an awesome advocate for the unborn.'

(LifeSiteNews) – An 84-year-old volunteer shot while canvassing in Michigan against a radical pro-abortion initiative won a major award from a national pro-life group.

Joan Jacobson won the “Person of the Year” award from the Society of St. Sebastian for her bravery after being shot by 74-year-old Richard Harvey, who then described Jacobson to a 911 dispatcher as a “right-wing nut.”

Harvey faces criminal charges.

The Society of St. Sebastian announced:

While volunteering to pass out literature on voting “no” on proposition 3 for Right to Life of Michigan, Mrs. Jacobson was shot. While passing out literature on a ballot initiative may not be considered the tradition form of lobbying, it is indeed a form of lobbying. Mrs. Jacobson was lobbying the people of Michigan to vote against this pro-abortion amendment. During her time canvassing and speaking with people about the ballot initiative she went to speak with the people on a property [who] were not pro-life. Sadly, they were so enmeshed within the Culture of Death that they not only took offense to her message of Life, but also shot her.
Right to Life of Michigan thanked its volunteer, in a statement provided to the Society of St. Sebastian.

“We applaud Joan for the many years she put into advocating for the unborn,” the board stated. “We are grateful for her dedication and bravery in standing against the pro-abortion advances in Michigan.”

Continued below.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
'She is a true witness to the Culture of Life and an awesome advocate for the unborn.'

(LifeSiteNews) – An 84-year-old volunteer shot while canvassing in Michigan against a radical pro-abortion initiative won a major award from a national pro-life group.

Joan Jacobson won the “Person of the Year” award from the Society of St. Sebastian for her bravery after being shot by 74-year-old Richard Harvey, who then described Jacobson to a 911 dispatcher as a “right-wing nut.”

Harvey faces criminal charges.

The Society of St. Sebastian announced:

Right to Life of Michigan thanked its volunteer, in a statement provided to the Society of St. Sebastian.

“We applaud Joan for the many years she put into advocating for the unborn,” the board stated. “We are grateful for her dedication and bravery in standing against the pro-abortion advances in Michigan.”

Continued below.
No courtesy. No polite 'I disagree' and leave it?

And I don't know what thread I was in when I saw this under it... but dang.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0