✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
YouTube’s censorship reaches new levels

I was given a strike on my YouTube channel, and the video linked above (reuploaded to DailyMotion) was removed from YouTube because apparently it constitutes "hate speech". You can read more details about the incident in my blog article.

What do you think?

Last edited:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I was given a strike on my YouTube channel, and the video linked above (reuploaded to DailyMotion) was removed from YouTube because apparently it constitutes "hate speech". You can read more details about the incident in my blog article.

What do you think?

:heart: I'm sorry, Lucian. (((hug)))

(i have no words for Youtube (and their affiliates) right about now. It seems that this is a very rampant practice of theirs.)

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think?

Youtube is out of control and they are actively shutting down any conservative christian view.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the subject about? Been a massive youtube junkie for a long time now and have seen things change over time. The most recent change came after Logan Paul showed a video of a man who hung himself in a Japanese forest. Advertisers hated it also since their ads show before his viedos. After that they really started to crack down on any video that was inappropriate. According to their rules of course. So if your not PC (politically correct) you take a chance at being shut down.

Even hinting about LGBT being bad for example will get your video removed and possible shut down of your account. While it may not be fair they can do this to youtubers, remember in the end they are still a business and can do what they want. Remember in the end the bible says we will be hated because of His name. Its a burden I am willing to carry. Even if they literally want to silence me.

Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is just an example of what I have been preaching and preaching about the Defeatest and Retreatist attitude most Christians have adopted. If you insist that your preachers cannot speak about any political views, and you, yourself, insist on never becoming involved in politics....... claiming it is God's will that Satan take over the world. Then, expect nothing less than more and more of this.

Within a decade or two, most of you will have surrendered our ability to even protect children from a pedophile's "right" to do whatever he wants to do with a child. And, I mean that very seriously. This is no joking matter. Many of you are going to silently and willingly let us quietly die like crabs in a pot of slowly increasing heated water.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What do you think?

What do I think? I think the totalitarians on the political Left are gaining ground.

First, they committed themselves to achieving one-party rule by tinkering with the voting system, then to nullifying the November 2016 presidential election, then to censoring free speech on campuses, and now to shutting down all news and commentary that doesn't square with their own political philosophy. It is pretty obvious, isnt it?

Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What do you think?

This is why traditional/conservative/libertarian business people need to step up and compete with YouTube.
YouTube is a business, and has every right to limit what they want on their platform... capitalism is the answer, someone stepping up to compete with them.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is just an example of what I have been preaching and preaching about the Defeatest and Retreatist attitude most Christians have adopted. If you insist that your preachers cannot speak about any political views, and you, yourself, insist on never becoming involved in politics....... claiming it is God's will that Satan take over the world. Then, expect nothing less than more and more of this.

The real problem is that Christians refuse to build alternative platforms to the mainstream ones. Let's not kid ourselves: Google is diametrically opposed to Christianity and will attack it to the extent that they can get away with it. It's not necessarily defeatist to realize that we can't win on their platform, since they can easily take down any channels that they feel like without consequence, provided that you don't have a huge audience. It's only defeatist if we decide that this means that we can't get out our message in any way whatsoever.

Now youtube in particular is hard to make an alternative to, since video streaming is so expensive and Google essentially keeps youtube up through their acceptance that they will bleed money due to it (and they have money they can afford to lose). Sure they staunch the costs a little with advertisers, but it's not enough to make it profitable, and a new alternative would make even less with ads. That's not saying that an alternative to youtube is impossible in the long run, but at the moment it is difficult.

However, there's no reason why we can't have alternatives to things like twitter, or facebook, or amazon, or even entire industries like the music industry or Hollywood. And indeed, there are promising alternatives to most of these things. But they struggle, in large part because Christians would rather stay on the popular platforms, even as they are being directly attacked by them, than go to a new less popular platform.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

What do you think?
I liked it, short sweet and to the point. I thought youtube was more open minded then that because I have seen much worse.

Upvote 0