Connecticut, USA
✟15,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone have any experience with YWAM? I have heard both good and bad things about them.

1. Was your (or a loved one's) experience positive or negative?
2. Did you think they had good theology?
3. Do you think time with YWAM is well-spent?
4. What are the worship times like? Are they fun? Is there time for contemplation, or is there mostly just worship?

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I knew some people who used to be in YWAM. it was a great organization then. that was quite a few years ago. i am not saying it went wrong ... i just lost touch with the old friends who used to do those activities. it's definitely good enough that you should try it out. please remember that all organizations have "local chapters" or "local ministries". it's always possible to find a local place that's not too good, although the parent organization is excellent. so give them a fair chance - that's all.

good luck and blessings,
Pete

Upvote 0

IATWdave

Apr 8, 2014
Niagara Falls, ON.
Visit site
✟15,114.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I did a Discipleship Training School with YWAM 18 years ago *gasp* but it was a great experience for me. They were fairly evangelical with their style of worship where I was (Cambridge, Ontario...they've closed that base now), but as someone who grew up in a more conservative church I didn't feel like my style of worship was "wrong". The theology was well rounded I think. Of course evangelism and missions is something that is hard to have differing doctrine on. I was young and it was going through a lot personally, but their policy of putting your relationship with God first was so very helpful at that time of my life.

Upvote 0

Donkick

Sep 28, 2014
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard good things about YWAM. However this seems problematic "YWAM is committed to creating with God through listening to Him...We are dependent upon hearing His voice as individuals, together in team contexts and in larger corporate gatherings as an integral part of our process for decision making." How about learning about Jesus Christ through the inerrant word of God. Decision making should be made based on the Word of God - IE The Bible (not mentioned as even a part of their decision making)

Upvote 0