Youth being caught in idolatry a big problem.

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it is sad but God is at work to save our youth---in the world. Col. 3:5 the last part--covetous which is idolatry. Invitations to win the dream of millions of bucks. For us folks who had to work so hard to learn to play our instruments, I have played 12 and 6 string guitars , drums, bass, flute, clarinet, violin, accordion, recorder, harmonica, piano, keyboard, upright bass, even hand saw. sax. and now to see someone just pick up a microphone and sing . many can't sing well. They coveted but didn't get the prize. in 1 Cor. 9:24 and Phil. 3:14 There is a prize to obtain and it is so expensive a trillion dollars can't buy it. not even a trillion times a trillion. it is a faith gift from God. I praise God with my instruments and receive marvelous joy and blessing that would make your jaw drop-- I am serious. I got saved while in a heavy metal band session and when I told the others they said we will receive Jesus to. Years later God spoke to me and said if you don't go playing that rock music I will give you the gift of music. He did and have been in gospel bands, played nursing homes half way house churches and worship leader positions plus trained others. Jesus is the greatest name I know

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,921.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's not usually people's fault why they're not good at music even if they're interested in learning music.

They may not have free time, bad upbringing, birth defects because their parents smoked and get drunk while pregnant, many big problems in life making it much harder to focus on anything.

We can't always blame people for coveting million bucks. If you're living a life of privilege, "certainty", opportunities, and stability, then perhaps, a million bucks isn't a life-changing deal for you.

But some who are living paycheck-to-paycheck, struggling to pay bills despite their best efforts to save money. Lack of stability, lack of certainty, lack of opportunities, lacking any marketable skills. If you've been living like that all your life or most of your life with little hope then a million bucks would be life-changing deal. It's no surprise many would covet such prize.

I'm NOT saying coveting million bucks is a good thing. It's a bad thing. But let's not judge someone for wanting such thing. You don't know the life they've been through. Judge not....But if you must judge, judge with fairness and compassion. For the same measure you use will also be used against you.

Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For us folks who had to work so hard to learn to play our instruments, I have played 12 and 6 string guitars , drums, bass, flute, clarinet, violin, accordion, recorder, harmonica, piano, keyboard, upright bass, even hand saw. sax.
How is wanting to be able to play a musical instrument any less covetous than wanting a million dollars? The fact that you had to work hard to achieve it only speaks to how badly you wanted it. In other words, it speaks to how much you coveted it.

It seems to me that you're just another example of the pot calling the kettle black.

and now to see someone just pick up a microphone and sing . many can't sing well.
And this just sounds like petty jealousy.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What does the title of this thread have to do with the subject of the opening post?

I'm not entirely sure I even understand what the issue is in the opening post. That some people like to play music? That some people are good at it and others aren't as good? Is there something I'm missing?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You use music to glorify God. If I understand correctly?

But that wasn't why he pursued music to begin with, and it's just as easy for someone to use their money in the service of God as it is for them to use their music in the service of God. To claim that pursuing one is covetous while pursuing the other one isn't, is simply, as I pointed out in a previous post, the pot calling the kettle black.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
How is wanting to be able to play a musical instrument any less covetous than wanting a million dollars?
King David played a musical instrument , a great blessing to himself, to King Saul, and to others throughout the centuries.

Love of money is much more common, and much more deadly.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hosea chapter 4
The parents are partly to blame for children on the wrong path. They are supposed to be raised Christian and taught morals and ethics.
The juvenile detention centers. Some where around 70 thousand incarcerated. This is ridiculous. Its Unacceptable.

Zephniah chapter 1 and hosea chapter 5
The churches are also to blame. Teaching traditions of men and false doctrine. Allowing Easter, a pagan holiday to replace Passover.

Easter is Ashtoreth. Its heathen. Groves and images. Isaiah chapter 14 . Satan is of Ashtoreth. Its satan worship.

The pastors and priests have failed to nourish their flocks. To warn them satan as antichrist will come 6th trump. You need gospel armour of ephesians chapter 6. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word.

We see the impact of the failures of churches and Parents. Drugs and alcohol are frying young people minds.
Shoplifting is the norm.
Seeking out mediums and familiar spirits.
Abortion
Pride and arrogance.
Habitual lying
These lost souls end up in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
At least during millennium they have opportunity for eternal life. The millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. Revelation chapter 20.

Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
it is sad but God is at work to save our youth---in the world. Col. 3:5 the last part--covetous which is idolatry. Invitations to win the dream of millions of bucks. For us folks who had to work so hard to learn to play our instruments, I have played 12 and 6 string guitars , drums, bass, flute, clarinet, violin, accordion, recorder, harmonica, piano, keyboard, upright bass, even hand saw. sax. and now to see someone just pick up a microphone and sing . many can't sing well. They coveted but didn't get the prize. in 1 Cor. 9:24 and Phil. 3:14 There is a prize to obtain and it is so expensive a trillion dollars can't buy it. not even a trillion times a trillion. it is a faith gift from God. I praise God with my instruments and receive marvelous joy and blessing that would make your jaw drop-- I am serious. I got saved while in a heavy metal band session and when I told the others they said we will receive Jesus to. Years later God spoke to me and said if you don't go playing that rock music I will give you the gift of music. He did and have been in gospel bands, played nursing homes half way house churches and worship leader positions plus trained others. Jesus is the greatest name I know

Depends what you mean by idolatry. Having any other God aside from the Father is idolatry.

Exodus 20
2“I am the Lord[YHWH] your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3“You shall have no other gods before Me.

Upvote 0