NSUKKA
✟1,286.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the best ways to get free from sin/addition is to pursue God. Pursue an intimate relationship with God.

Set aside each day to seek God. What should you do in that time?,

• Find some selected hymn or spiritual songs and sing to Him

•Meditate on certain verses of The Scripture especially the part that talks about freedom

• Talk to God about the matters in your heart.

• Play Christian Songs as much as possible through out the day.

When you do so, you create an atmosphere of God's presence that expels every darkness.

I want to share something exciting with us. There's this app that I discovered that helps Christian boys and men to get free from sexual addictions. The name of the app is Free go indeed. Download from Google play and app store. You will find it a blessing.

Here's a link to download the app: Free Indeed! - Apps on Google Play

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Set aside each day to seek God.
I don't mean to split hairs, but that's not what scripture teaches. Scripture says to pray (and rejoice) continually, without ceasing, at all times; to praise with all our being and our heart, to always speak His praise; to always thank Him.

In that light, a few minutes, even an hour, is cheating God! :oops:

I've been reading Tim Keller's "Hope in Times of Fear." It's quite remarkable. Having been a Christian several decades I did not find anything particularly new, but the book is written in a manner encouraging us to believe Jesus (not just believe in him), especially in all they ways he is victorious, and we can walk in that victory. If we lived what we believe (or say we believe) then sin's not much of a problem.

Upvote 0

ChinenyeA

Mar 3, 2024
NSUKKA
✟1,286.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't mean to split hairs, but that's not what scripture teaches. Scripture says to pray (and rejoice) continually, without ceasing, at all times; to praise with all our being and our heart, to always speak His praise; to always thank Him.

In that light, a few minutes, even an hour, is cheating God! :oops:

I've been reading Tim Keller's "Hope in Times of Fear." It's quite remarkable. Having been a Christian several decades I did not find anything particularly new, but the book is written in a manner encouraging us to believe Jesus (not just believe in him), especially in all they ways he is victorious, and we can walk in that victory. If we lived what we believe (or say we believe) then sin's not much of a problem.
I understand your point. But I think you didnt understand mine. Setting aside time daily for God doesn't mean that's the only time you have for Him throughout the day. It means that at that time you are able to fully concentrate on Him before the day or at the end of the day. Through out the day you communicate with Him, but then you also have work or other activities to do. He is also part of your day.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand your point. But I think you didnt understand mine.
Or perhaps the point was not made sufficiently clear.
Set aside each day to seek God.
Setting aside time daily for God doesn't mean that's the only time you have for Him throughout the day.
Which is it? Set aside each day, or set aside time daily?

If the point of the op is to set aside time specifically for God each day specifically for the purpose of ridding oneself from sin, and the pursuit of an intimate relationship with God then I understand perfectly. Is that not the point?

Upvote 0