Youth at ‘extremely high risk’ from global warming

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,387.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Not delaying it makes it to be inevitable. Nothing is inevitable per se.

I think climate change is inevitable. It's been changing from the beginning of time. And it hasn't stopped. We've certainly had periods of time that it didn't change for a while, but it always did. It's been warming ever since the ice age.

Humans are very adaptable and we will adapt to the coming changes. I'm wondering if the cities will have to change. Heat gets trapped in their concrete jungles and the people will suffer and many will die due to the heat. I wonder if it will cause the cities to shrink.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The point is what good does it do for us to cut back when other countries don't? Do you really believe we are going to change the climate?
We shouldn’t do the right thing because others aren’t going to do the right thing?
How’s this play out theologically?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟314,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,387.00
Faith
Pentecostal
From what I looked up, the issue is where the power comes from, not the fact the AC is moving heat from one place to another. Which is why I looked at where my electricity came from.

France is moving away from AC as a way to help with global warming.

HFCs are a big problem and accelerate global warming. And you are correct that AC does suck up a lot of energy.

If you are really serious about global warming and think it's catastrophic, you'd better turn yours off. Otherwise you are just part of the problem.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟147,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We shouldn’t do the right thing because others aren’t going to do the right thing?
How’s this play out theologically?
We should do it gradually. I don't trust the government with having a feasible plan to transition to clean energy. It's being done according to political science not a logical plan. Look at California.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟314,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
France is moving away from AC as a way to help with global warming.

HFCs are a big problem and accelerate global warming. And you are correct that AC does suck up a lot of energy.

If you are really serious about global warming and think it's catastrophic, you'd better turn yours off. Otherwise you are just part of the problem.
It is installed in the house, so it sounds like I need to have them pump out the HFC, just turning it off will not stop it leaking out.

"Turn it off." How do you think AC works? It doesn't spend HFC to keep the house cool. It cycles it through enclosed system.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We should do it gradually. I don't trust the government with having a feasible plan to transition to clean energy. It's being done according to political science not a logical plan. Look at California.
Letting “the market” decide ignores that it was “the market” is what got us here.
At some point a public policy decision has to be made to have the switches occur as rapidly as possible; I agree that we are not at that point yet, but it’s a-coming.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟147,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Letting “the market” decide ignores that it was “the market” is what got us here.
At some point a public policy decision has to be made to have the switches occur as rapidly as possible; I agree that we are not at that point yet, but it’s a-coming.
Mayor Pete thinks we are there. His answer to every question is why haven't you bought an EV yet.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,387.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It is installed in the house, so it sounds like I need to have them pump out the HFC, just turning it off will not stop it leaking out.

"Turn it off." How do you think AC works? It doesn't spend HFC to keep the house cool. It cycles it through enclosed system.

Yeah you better have it removed. If it's not dangerous to the environment why do they say air-conditioning is bad? It's not just about people throwing them away.

You serious should just have it pumped out and no more air-conditioning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟314,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah you better have it removed. If it's not dangerous to the environment why do they say air-conditioning is bad? It's not just about people throwing them away.

You serious should just have it pumped out and no more air-conditioning.

Have you done that to your AC?

Upvote 0