strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I've seen the video, but only an excerpt, few days ago. Here's what is good to do if you think your computer is your idol: try not using it for a couple days. Not even e-mail or whatever, just try keeping it off for some time and pray about it. And please, don't feel guilty if you find it hard. Just pray to the Lord and He will fix your heart to be more open for Him. :)
May He bless you and keep you!

Upvote 0

Robs07M6S

Aug 2, 2011
✟8,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've seen the video, but only an excerpt, few days ago. Here's what is good to do if you think your computer is your idol: try not using it for a couple days. Not even e-mail or whatever, just try keeping it off for some time and pray about it. And please, don't feel guilty if you find it hard. Just pray to the Lord and He will fix your heart to be more open for Him. :)
May He bless you and keep you!

I actually gave it to a friend a while back just to get it out of my house for a while. Sadly enough it made me miserable and within 2 weeks I couldnt take it anymore and had it given back to me, I cant overcome this and Im terrified that im no longer getting divine help from God.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
2 weeks? That's awesome! :)
God will not cease to do good to you. I know I will be a hypocrite when I say this because I'm awfully anxious sometimes but...
...don't be anxious. Don't worry about what will happen tomorrow or for how long will you be able to hold your breath. It is the Lord who sustains you and helps you. :)
As Jesus said, tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Today, seek the Lord and His righteousness. In other words, seek Him in prayer and if He puts it in your heart you can surely do something else. One burden usually draws another one with itself. Don't worry if you will be able to go on without computer. ;)
The devil wants us to worry, as if we are the ones sustaining ourselves. Hope in God. He can make you forget about the computer. :)

What I'm saying is that if it feels like it's a burden for your relationship with the Lord, take some time away from keyboard and pray.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That's where sanctification does the work. :)
Seek the Lord with all your heart and He will lead you. He will not forsake you. He chose to work on you in this way for a reason, and it is for your good. :)
He does care for you, just put your trust in Him. The way to win is to surrender to Jesus. It sounds paradoxical but surrendering to Him is an ultimate victory. Sin will have no hold of you. :)

Upvote 0

Anihilus

Jul 10, 2009
✟8,217.00
Faith
Baptist
What do you mean get something else?

I assume you don't want to get rid of it because of the video games right? If that is the case, get rid of it and by some junky thing that can't run them and chunk the video games.

If you are under conviction that you need to get rid of your computer period and that you don't need one right now, then sell it and do something worthwhile with the money (give to the poor or missions IMO).

I have been in this struggle over and over again and the only thing that that will truly fix the problem is to let it go. The video you posted is dead on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums