sursum peragemus
Mar 3, 2011
Top of the South, NZ
✟8,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They are adults.. they can pay their own way.. They SHOULDN'T be asking for your money because you two need your best start in life.

I wouldn't help unless my wife was happy with it, and we could afford it.... and then, only if they were actually going to lose the house or something.

Upvote 0

aaron3719

May 23, 2011
Visit site
✟8,454.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will mention one thing you could do since they gave you the car. . . You could offer to give them the car back if that will help them financially speaking.

By doing that you are helping them undo some of their irresponsibility and helping them out financially, but you arn't rewarding them or saving them from their own irresponsiblity.

I don't know how that would affect you though. You may need to obtain your own car.

Luther, they didn't buy me anything. It's their car.

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Focus on your new family and your bills. While living under their roof, I think it's acceptable and logical to help with bills. But you have your own bills to worry about and they need to be adults and figure out their own finances. It's unfair to rely on their son to pay bills they can't because they made a poor decision.

Upvote 0