Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
2 Corinthians 6:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2 John 9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

2 Corinthians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Ecumesim is not about peace or living peaceably with your neighbor, it is about joining in error and false teaching.

I do not dislike people based on their faith. But I do not call them brothers or sisters either. I think you are meshing things here.

Again this is not about finding friends or being neighborly. This is about calling another brother or sister when they are not. The only "kindred" spirit is the Holy Spirit, I do not yoke to false spirits.

If I befriend a Buddhist and then do not tell him the TRUTH that they follow a lie and the only way to the Father is through Jesus I am not building anything in love but rather allowing them to remain in deception, that is not friendship.

Precisely. Truth separates. Jesus was clear about the hatred of the world and a servant not being greater than his or (her) master.

This whole idea of “let’s just put aside our doctrines and just be friends”, is a diabolical lie.

False peace and false unity.

Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Precisely. Truth separates. Jesus was clear about the hatred of the world and a servant not being greater than his or (her) master.

This whole idea of “let’s just put aside our doctrines and just be friends”, is a diabolical lie.

False peace and false unity.

So it is to be disunity, no friendship and war then. Ok. As you wish.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So it is to be disunity,

Disunity with anything that is not the truth, yes. As the Scriptures tell us repeatedly.

Absolute unity with all brothers and sisters in Christ.

no friendship

Who said anything about that? I have friends who aren’t believers, they know I am one though. To our friends who do not believe the Gospel, we speak the truth in love. We sow seeds.

and war then. Ok. As you wish.

Nope. War is horrific. I never said one thing about war, you chose to go there, not me.

We are to do our best to live in peace with everyone. And as Jesus said, “those who live by the sword will die by the sword.”

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
With respect, you believe in unity with those who meet your personal interpretation of the definition of brothers and sisters in Christ.

That is NOT by a very, very longshot "ALL" brothers and sisters in Christ.

Disunity with anything that is not the truth, yes. As the Scriptures tell us repeatedly.

Absolute unity with all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. War is horrific. I never said one thing about war, you chose to go there, not me.

No, you choose war. You people are such liars. You pretend you control the English language, proclaim your separation from other people and your refusal to find unity with them, but call this peace and friendship. Nope, that's war and hostility, and passive-aggression. Ecumenism is not possible with fanatics. We're enemies. You declared it yourself. We're enemies, we'll be enemies. There's nothing to say. So there's no point in us going on. We should become better strangers so as to not sully the boards with pointless chatter. Your religion is utterly repulsive and evil in my eyes, as is mine in yours. You stick with your own, I'll stick with mine. It is better that way. There is nothing further to be said between us.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was talking about the Buddhist and the Hindu not being my brother, but the truth has a way of coming out now doesn't it.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
With respect, you believe in unity with those who meet your personal interpretation of the definition of brothers and sisters in Christ.

That is NOT by a very, very longshot "ALL" brothers and sisters in Christ.

Scripture tells us plainly who “brothers and sisters in Christ” are. That isn’t up for “interpretation”, mine, yours or anyone else’s.

• Agree
Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, you choose war.

No, I do not and I am not the one who brought war into this conversation, you are.

You people are such liars.

Kindly cease from flaming; it is not helping your position in the slightest.

You pretend you control the English language,

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I have never once claimed to control the English language.

proclaim your separation from other people and your refusal to find unity with them,

The Scriptures tell us the separation that is necessary. That is not my opinion. Your issue is with the word of God in that regard, not me.

but call this peace and friendship.

We share the truth with our friends. And we know that our battle is not against flesh and blood, it’s a spiritual one. People are not our enemies.

Nope, that's war and hostility, and passive-aggression.

Nope. I hate war. I don’t hate people. So you can spare me the vitriolic comments and entirely unfounded assertions. I’m never going to call for or advocate war, so you’d best move on from that accusation, it will get you nowhere.

Ecumenism is not possible with fanatics.

By all means, you are free to label Bible believing Christians however you choose.

We're enemies.

You said it, not me. I don’t consider people my enemies. If you want to do so, that’s on you.

You declared it yourself.

Nope. I know I’m in a spiritual battle, not a battle with “flesh and blood.”

We're enemies, we'll be enemies. There's nothing to say. So there's no point in us going on.

That’s your decision and you’re entirely free to make it. Just don’t put your decision onto others.

We should become better strangers so as to not sully the boards with pointless chatter.

You are the one who responded to me. You are under no obligation to do so. If you don’t want to “sully the boards with pointless chatter”, feel free to move on.

Your religion is utterly repulsive and evil in my eyes, as is mine in yours. You stick with your own, I'll stick with mine. It is better that way. There is nothing further to be said between us.

Again, you are the one who decided to respond to my post and make all sorts of baseless assumptions and assertions. Hardly helpful. You may also want to refrain from the flaming.

Now, by all means, you are free to move on. No one has forced you to respond to anyone you so vehemently and caustically disagree with.

Upvote 0