Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, hearing some things out of Israel recently from the religious sector.

Want to hear some Jewish Opinions on

WWII shells found on receding water line at the Sea of Galilee.

Pictures showing them retrieving and detonating them on the Weather Channel.

"In July, data showed that the lake’s water level would likely drop below its red warning line by this month, Haaretz reports. The line sits at about 700 feet below sea level. If it falls another five feet and reaches the "black line" as predicted, all pumping from the lake will have to be stopped."​

Then in September the water got so low that an island appeared, one which was previously unknown and the Rabbi's are saying this is a sign of the Messiah arriving.

The Talmud, in Sanhedrin 97a, talks about signs that are going to appear just before the coming of “the Son of David,” or the Messiah, from the House of King David.

Talmudic expert Rabbi Yehuda told Breaking Israel News that one of the signs signaling the coming of the Messiah will be the Sea of Galilee and Gablan, the upper Jordan River in the Golan, will become desolate, empty and be destroyed (“khorban” in Hebrew).

So what are your thoughts on this? Do you believe in Messiah coming, do you think it's soon?

I think this is the part they are referring to:
Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O Lord,' wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.]8 it has been taught, R. Judah said: in the generation when the son of David comes, the house of assembly9 will be for harlots, Galilee in ruins,.Gablan lie desolate.....
It has been taught: R. Nehorai said: in the generation when Messiah comes, young men will insult the old, and old men will stand before the young [to give them honour]

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi Alla! Welcome to the Jewish Community Center! Your question is definitely a good discussion topic. I recommend starting a similar thread in the Kibitz Club sub-forum of the JCC.

As you can read in my previous post #4, this particular sub forum is specifically a place where Jewish Members can ask Messianic Jews and Christian Jews about Jesus the Messiah and about their faith and lives. Anyone who doesn't fit that description needs to sign up in the thread I linked above, and post any discussion threads or comments in the Kibitz Club.

I hope you enjoy your time here! I look forward to discussing your questions over in the Kibitz Club!

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
AmbassadorSOP_zpspcfn1xps.jpg

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...y-into-this-area-all-must-read-first.7936865/

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Alla27

English is my second language
Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟9,156.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Alla! Welcome to the Jewish Community Center! Your question is definitely a good discussion topic. I recommend starting a similar thread in the Kibitz Club sub-forum of the JCC.

As you can read in my previous post #4, this particular sub forum is specifically a place where Jewish Members can ask Messianic Jews and Christian Jews about Jesus the Messiah and about their faith and lives. Anyone who doesn't fit that description needs to sign up in the thread I linked above, and post any discussion threads or comments in the Kibitz Club.

I hope you enjoy your time here! I look forward to discussing your questions over in the Kibitz Club!
Oh, OK. Sorry for misunderstanding. I will ask my questions in proper forum.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat:
Beautiful-Chicken-Wallpapers.jpg

This thread under went a thread clean and some posts were moved to the fellowship forum here(link). Please remember this Q&A forum is for Jews only.....All other fellowship can take place in the adjoining fellowship forum open for all .
Mod Hat Off......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alla27

Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟9,156.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mod Hat:
Beautiful-Chicken-Wallpapers.jpg

This thread under went a thread clean and some posts were moved to the fellowship forum here(link). Please remember this Q&A forum is for Jews only.....All other fellowship can take place in the adjoining fellowship forum open for all .
Mod Hat Off......
Hi, I am not sure where my thread is. Could you please let me know?

Upvote 0

Alla27

Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟9,156.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please, provide the link again where there is an answer to my question: "Who is God"?
Please, provide scriptures where it talks about signs of Messiah. I asked before: "how would you personally recognize the time of Messiah?" You gave me an answer but I don't mind to see scripture reference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So, hearing some things out of Israel recently from the religious sector.

Want to hear some Jewish Opinions on

WWII shells found on receding water line at the Sea of Galilee.

Pictures showing them retrieving and detonating them on the Weather Channel.

"In July, data showed that the lake’s water level would likely drop below its red warning line by this month, Haaretz reports. The line sits at about 700 feet below sea level. If it falls another five feet and reaches the "black line" as predicted, all pumping from the lake will have to be stopped."​

Then in September the water got so low that an island appeared, one which was previously unknown and the Rabbi's are saying this is a sign of the Messiah arriving.

The Talmud, in Sanhedrin 97a, talks about signs that are going to appear just before the coming of “the Son of David,” or the Messiah, from the House of King David.

Talmudic expert Rabbi Yehuda told Breaking Israel News that one of the signs signaling the coming of the Messiah will be the Sea of Galilee and Gablan, the upper Jordan River in the Golan, will become desolate, empty and be destroyed (“khorban” in Hebrew).

So what are your thoughts on this? Do you believe in Messiah coming, do you think it's soon?

I think this is the part they are referring to:
Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O Lord,' wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.]8 it has been taught, R. Judah said: in the generation when the son of David comes, the house of assembly9 will be for harlots, Galilee in ruins,.Gablan lie desolate.....
It has been taught: R. Nehorai said: in the generation when Messiah comes, young men will insult the old, and old men will stand before the young [to give them honour]
Hmmm...interesting quote from the Talmud though I have never read it nor the mishna. I do know about the Euphrates river being dried up and prophesied in the book of Revelation:

"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."

The context of this passage is describing seven periods of time of the world before it ends. We are in the sixth period as news all over the internet is talking about the Euphrates river being dried up with Turkey invading Syria. In Genesis we see this same period of seven described in Genesis 1:1-2:3. I say this because on the seventh day Moses does not mention the evening and morning passing on that day and, this is the day that God rested from all of His works.

In short I believe that the Messiah is coming soon because of the signs in Revelation coming to pass. Otherwise I will have to investigate more into what you shared.

Upvote 0

Revelationswon

Oct 17, 2007
✟17,106.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Why doesn't God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob speak to tribe of Judah the way He spoke in ancient times?
Why doesn't God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob lead tribe of Judah the way He did it in ancient times?
Did the God of Avraham ever say that he would not speak or lead the tribe of Judah as he did in ancient times?
Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but what he revealeth his secret unto his prophets. Amos 3:7.
Do not the scriptures also prophesy that in the latter days that God will pour out his spirit upon ALL flesh? See act 2: 17-18 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I willpower out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophecy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those day of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:" Is it just possible that we are so lacking in humility that we do not have "ears to hear"? As I see it He has done his part. Do we perhaps need to do some serious soul searching and learn how to listen and obey his commandments that we may then enjoy the fulfillment of this marvelous prophecy? The prophesy and promises are certain. let each of us make the sacrifices necessary to receive the fulfillment thereof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelationswon

You owe no sacrifice for being a child of God
/././././././././......................///////./..............sacrifice is not a word in the Lord's vocabulary

No sacrifice requested; wanted or demanded; You have nothing to sacrifice for-

Stay you; be toui :)-

Upvote 0

Revelationswon

Oct 17, 2007
✟17,106.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reminder. I am not sure what word I should have used, perhaps "forsake our sins" or "repentance for our sins".

By the way, I thought sacrifice was definitely in the Lord's vocabulary....isn't there some mention of "the animal sacrifices" performed in the Old testament?

Shalom

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Not just animals…

Genesis 22:2

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, whom you love--Isaac--and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you."
That's misleading. There was never human sacrifice among us and it's forbidden.

Upvote 0