United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhhh ..."The Message" and what it suggests
is the street language of the day, the idiom of the playground and marketplace ...

I have some reservations about that, but I do have a copy of the Message and have found it
...FUN... to read, at times, if only to see just how far they were willing to stretch things ...
Continuing on with verse 2:5 ...

"...I am delighted to hear of the careful and orderly ways you conduct your affairs
and impressed with the solid substance of your faith in Christ." (The Message)

I especially, and ironically liked their paraphrase of verse 2:8 ...
"School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it!"
Whereas, the verse actually says ...(it's the irony that I find so fetching) ...

2:8 Be you observing [that] no[t] any [one], to~you, himself~he will be the [one] despoiling through the wisdom-fondness and empty seduction, according-to the beside-given-tradition of~the humans, and according-to the alignments of~the regulated-world, [and] not according-to [the] Anointed.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhhh ..."The Message" and what it suggests
is the street language of the day, the idiom of the playground and marketplace ...

I have some reservations about that, but I do have a copy of the Message and have found it
...FUN... to read, at times, if only to see just how far they were willing to stretch things ...
Continuing on with verse 2:5 ...

"...I am delighted to hear of the careful and orderly ways you conduct your affairs
and impressed with the solid substance of your faith in Christ." (The Message)

I especially, and ironically liked their paraphrase of verse 2:8 ...
"School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it!"
Whereas, the verse actually says ...(it's the irony that I find so fetching) ...

2:8 Be you observing [that] no[t] any [one], to~you, himself~he will be the [one] despoiling through the wisdom-fondness and empty seduction, according-to the beside-given-tradition of~the humans, and according-to the alignments of~the regulated-world, [and] not according-to [the] Anointed.

Well as I already stated, the "Message" is a paraphrase it is not a translation and it must be taken that way.

• Optimistic
Reactions: robinriley
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - Scripture of the Day

Romans 7:15–20 (NKJV)

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Precious Lord Jesus gently and quickly remove all sin from my dwelling, me, your temple, from my heart, soul, mind, emotions, body, from my will, and replace it all with the Fruit of Your Spirit, the love of Your heart, the understanding of Your mind, and the strength and power of Your blood. Forgive me for all I have done against Your Will and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

Thank you for doing what only You, Your blood, Your sacrifice and Your resurrection can do for me.

It is in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen and Amen.

On a forum where so many people are supposed to love God, I am shocked that not more people wanted to pray this prayer for themselves, for none of us, not one, is completely free from sin and we all need Jesus’ cleansing in some area of our life.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - Scripture of the Day

Galatians 3:3 (NKJV)

3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

We all need Jesus; we need His Spirit to cleanse us from unrighteousness. Let each of us cry out for Him to manifest in our daily lives that cleansing that He obtained for us on the cross and granted us when we accepted Him as our Personal Savior.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - Scripture of the Day

Galatians 3:3 (NKJV)

3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

We all need Jesus; we need His Spirit to cleanse us from unrighteousness. Let each of us cry out for Him to manifest in our daily lives that cleansing that He obtained for us on the cross and granted us when we accepted Him as our Personal Savior.

Thanks for the verses. The interesting thing about the two questions in Gal 3:3 is that they are rhetorical questions. That is to say they are absolutely questions that we all need to ask ourselves!!

This is especially interesting because there is a specific question that Paul wants to know from the Galatians!!

Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by works of the Law or by hearing with faith?

Note that is not a rhetorical question!!! Indeed it is the one thing that Paul wants to know.

Now I think Paul knows the answer, so why did Paul want to get that specific question answered?

It's it because that is the questions that ultimately has to be answered before God???

It is written that His sheep hear His voice and that faith comes from hearing, and that we are saved by faith - therefore believers who have faith hear with faith!!

I am saying, as I think Paul was too; That we must be able to answer the question of whether we are hearing because we have faith in Jesus Christ or not? Ok - you don't have to answer to me, everyone will have to answer to God, and that is the question that they will have to answer.

So to get that answer you might need to look at the questions in Gal 3:3 - which is to say - have I been so foolish that after the Spirit came into my life I turn away and started doing works according to the desires of my flesh? If so, I am not going to be able to honestly give the correct answer to the one question that and answer is required.

• Informative
Reactions: robinriley
Upvote 0

robinriley

Jun 15, 2015
Port Orchard, Washington
✟18,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
(Robin)
Interesting and informative ... thank you K2K for the follow-up ...
especially the difference between the rhetorical questions, and the pointed question in 3:2

I'm glad to see the NKJV version being used instead of that wretched rag, the Message;
here's another reading ... the second-person plurals are underlined,
just to quickly let the reader know that this is addressed to everyone.
The bracketed "[yet]" is purely my own editorial enhancement ... sorry.

3:2 To~this [matter], only, I will to learn from you:
To~the spirit, you had obtained out of~works of~law, or out of~a~hearing of~trust?
3:3
Thus, uncomprehending [ones] you be;
yourselves~innerly-beginning with~spirit;
[yet] now, yourselves~you on-finish with~flesh?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
(Robin)
Interesting and informative ... thank you K2K for the follow-up ...
especially the difference between the rhetorical questions, and the pointed question in 3:2

I'm glad to see the NKJV version being used instead of that wretched rag, the Message;
here's another reading ... the second-person plurals are underlined,
just to quickly let the reader know that this is addressed to everyone.
The bracketed "[yet]" is purely my own editorial enhancement ... sorry.

3:2 To~this [matter], only, I will to learn from you:
To~the spirit, you had obtained out of~works of~law, or out of~a~hearing of~trust?
3:3
Thus, uncomprehending [ones] you be;
yourselves~innerly-beginning with~spirit;
[yet] now, yourselves~you on-finish with~flesh?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So many questions...mine is from verse 1, using NKJV.
Galatians 3:1. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
First, why do many translations omit obey the truth, for example:
NIV. You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.
The interlinear for textus receptus has
Ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ μὴ πείθεσθαι, οἷς κατ᾽ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς προεγράφη ἐν ὑμῖν ἐσταυρωμένος
ἀληθείᾳἀλήθεια-alētheia μὴμή-mē πείθεσθαιπείθω peithō
the truth not that you should obey
This is given for the morphological Greek, is it different?
ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν οἷς κατ᾽ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς προεγράφη ἐσταυρωμένος

And then, Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
προεγράφηπρογράφω prographō [KJV evidently set forth ] rather than clearly portrayed, or written aforetime as in
Romans 15:4. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
ὅσα γὰρ προεγράφη εἰς τὴν ἡμετέραν διδασκαλίαν προεγράφη, ἵνα διὰ τῆς ὑπομονῆς καὶ τῆς παρακλήσεως τῶν γραφῶν τὴν ἐλπίδα ἔχωμεν

Upvote 0

robinriley

Jun 15, 2015
Port Orchard, Washington
✟18,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So many questions...mine is from verse 1, using NKJV.
Galatians 3:1. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
First, why do many translations omit obey the truth, for example:
NIV. You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.
The interlinear for textus receptus has
Ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ μὴ πείθεσθαι, οἷς κατ᾽ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς προεγράφη ἐν ὑμῖν ἐσταυρωμένος
ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν οἷς κατ᾽ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς προεγράφη ἐσταυρωμένος

And then, Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
προεγράφηπρογράφω prographō [KJV evidently set forth ] rather than clearly portrayed, or written aforetime as in
Romans 15:4. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
ὅσα γὰρ προεγράφη εἰς τὴν ἡμετέραν διδασκαλίαν προεγράφη, ἵνα διὰ τῆς ὑπομονῆς καὶ τῆς παρακλήσεως τῶν γραφῶν τὴν ἐλπίδα ἔχωμεν

(Robin)
The spirit is taking a time-out ... so I guess I'm on deck.
Because I have my own methods of approaching things, perhaps you wouldn't mind if I just ... first ...
gave you what I already have; then we can compare it with what you have present above.
Remember ... I'm slow, and always hesitant to come to quick conclusions ...

3:1* Oh, uncomprehending Galatians! What~a [one] to~you, he had bewitched to be persuaded no[t] with~the truth? Unto~which [ones], according-to eyes among with~you, Yeshua Anointed was before-written, [as] having had been staked.

Ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται, τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ μὴ πείθεσθαι, οἷς κατʼ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς χριστὸς
προεγράφη ἐν ὑμῖν ἐσταυρωμένος;

O anoEtoi galatai tis humas ebaskanen tE alEtheia mE peithesthai hois kat ophthalmous iEsous christos proegraphE en humin estaurOmenos

Oh! {5599 INJ} uncomprehending! [ones] {0453 A-VPM} Galatians! {1052 N-VPM} what~a [one?] {5101 NSM-I} to~you {1473 P-2AP} he had bewitched {0940 V-AAI-3S} unto~the [one] {3588 T-DSF} unto~a~truth {0225 N-DSF} no[t] {3361 PRT-N} to be persuaded {3982 V-PPN} unto~which [ones] {3739 R-DPM} according-to {2596 PREP} to~eyes {3788 N-APM} Yeshua/ Jesus{2424 N-NSM} Anointed/ Christ {5547 N-NSM} He was before-written {4270 V-2API-3S} among/ in {1722 PREP} unto~you {1473 P-2DP} having had been staked {4717 V-RPP-NSM}

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
(Robin)
The spirit is taking a time-out ... so I guess I'm on deck.
Because I have my own methods of approaching things, perhaps you wouldn't mind if I just ... first ...
gave you what I already have; then we can compare it with what you have present above.
Remember ... I'm slow, and always hesitant to come to quick conclusions ...

3:1* Oh, uncomprehending Galatians! What~a [one] to~you, he had bewitched to be persuaded no[t] with~the truth? Unto~which [ones], according-to eyes among with~you, Yeshua Anointed was before-written, [as] having had been staked.

Ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται, τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ μὴ πείθεσθαι, οἷς κατʼ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς χριστὸς
προεγράφη ἐν ὑμῖν ἐσταυρωμένος;

O anoEtoi galatai tis humas ebaskanen tE alEtheia mE peithesthai hois kat ophthalmous iEsous christos proegraphE en humin estaurOmenos

Oh! {5599 INJ} uncomprehending! [ones] {0453 A-VPM} Galatians! {1052 N-VPM} what~a [one?] {5101 NSM-I} to~you {1473 P-2AP} he had bewitched {0940 V-AAI-3S} unto~the [one] {3588 T-DSF} unto~a~truth {0225 N-DSF} no[t] {3361 PRT-N} to be persuaded {3982 V-PPN} unto~which [ones] {3739 R-DPM} according-to {2596 PREP} to~eyes {3788 N-APM} Yeshua/ Jesus{2424 N-NSM} Anointed/ Christ {5547 N-NSM} He was before-written {4270 V-2API-3S} among/ in {1722 PREP} unto~you {1473 P-2DP} having had been staked {4717 V-RPP-NSM}
Very good start. unto a truth not to be persuaded. better than obey the truth, instead suggesting that their behavior gives evidence that they have not been fully persuaded by what Paul set before them from the scriptures, that Christ was appointed to suffer and die. Even as Jesus testifies to the two disciples post resurrection on the road to Emmaus, in Luke 24.
Luke 24:25-27. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Paul employed the same method, and expected to persuade [peitho] using what had been written beforehand.
Acts 18:4. And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.
Acts 19:8. And he went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God.
Paul used this word over 20 times, and it is the root for both faith and believe or commit to ones trust. One more:
2 Co. 5:11. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
Galatians 1:10. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

robinriley

Jun 15, 2015
Port Orchard, Washington
✟18,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
(James)
3:1. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you
that you should not obey the truth,
before whose eyes
Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you
as crucified? NKJV

3:1* Oh, uncomprehending Galatians! What~a [one] to~you, he had bewitched
to be persuaded no[t] with~the truth?
Unto~which [ones], according-to eyes among with~you,
Yeshua Anointed was before-written,
[as] having had been staked.

(James)
The interlinear for textus receptus has ...

Ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται, τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ μὴ πείθεσθαι, οἷς κατʼ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς χριστὸς προεγράφη ἐν ὑμῖν ἐσταυρωμένος;

(Robin)
Greek squiggles hurt my eyes ... let's look at a transliteration of this ...

Now, I'm not certain just what your question is, at this point, but perhaps it has something to do with the text variants [Notice the *asterisk before the verse number] There are a total of six word deletions here ... the top grouping (with 4 deletions) is the Byzantine reading ...the second one (with two deletions) is the Alexandrian.

I'm not looking at the TR ... the KJV is Byzantine (for the most part) ... so if your interlinear is for the TR and/or KJV then we know that the Greek is the same as what I'm showing ...

3:1* Deletions (4)
ebaskanen tE alEtheia mE peithesthai

he had bewitched {0940 V-AAI-3S}
unto~the [one] {3588 T-DSF}
unto~a~truth {0225 N-DSF}
no[t] {3361 PRT-N}
to be persuaded {3982 V-PPN}

--------------------------

*ebaskanen
he had bewitched {0940 V-AAI-3S}

3:1* Deletions (2)
proegraphE en humin

He was written-before {4270 V-2API-3S} in {1722 PREP} unto~you {1473 P-2DP}

--------------------------

*proegraphE
He was written-before {4270 V-2API-3S}

(James)
ὦ ἀνόητοι Γαλάται τίς ὑμᾶς ἐβάσκανεν οἷς κατ᾽ ὀφθαλμοὺς Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς προεγράφη
ἐσταυρωμένος

(Robin)
I can not make out what your question is here ...

(James)
...Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? [NKJV]

....Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? [???]

προεγράφηπρογράφω prographō [KJV evidently set forth ]
rather than clearly portrayed, or written aforetime as in Romans 15:4.

(Robin)
Clarify the question ... are you saying then that your interlinear for textus receptus TR
is different from that for the KJV .....Ummmm?

And if that's the case, then I'd have to say, that the TR matches what I have, and not the KJV.
But as you seem to be pointing out, Romans 15:4 does indeed read a "before-written" just like it says in Gal 3:1

Upvote 0

robinriley

Jun 15, 2015
Port Orchard, Washington
✟18,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
(James)
3:1. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you
that you should not obey the truth,
before whose eyes
Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you
as crucified? NKJV

(Robin)
3:1* Oh, uncomprehending Galatians! What~a [one] to~you, he had bewitched
Unto~which [ones], according-to eyes among with~you,
Yeshua Anointed was before-written,
[as] having had been staked.

How about we limit the discussion, for a bit, to just this NKJV and this,
the Byzantine Textform 2005 (the Greek source I'm using)

And it appears that your immediate question concerns ...
Jesus Christ/ Yeshua Anointed being either ...portrayed ... or before-written
[before -written being your preferred, because it matches with Rom 15:4]

Have I got the question identified?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
And if that's the case, then I'd have to say, that the TR matches what I have, and not the KJV.
But as you seem to be pointing out, Romans 15:4 does indeed read a "before-written" just like it says in Gal 3:1
Yes, this was important to me because clearly portrayed among you as crucified was inconsistent with conveying Paul's method. But when you translate consistent with Romans 15:4, before written, it is consistent with the narrative that Paul argued persuasively from the scriptures, that Messiah crucified was indeed according to the scriptures. I don't get clearly portrayed at all. Paul is so astounded that they were not persuaded that he suggests that they have been bewitched! I am really beginning to feel his pain!

Upvote 0

robinriley

Jun 15, 2015
Port Orchard, Washington
✟18,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Very good start. unto a truth not to be persuaded. better than obey the truth, instead suggesting that their behavior gives evidence that they have not been fully persuaded by what Paul set before them from the scriptures, that Christ was appointed to suffer and die. Even as Jesus testifies to the two disciples post resurrection on the road to Emmaus, in Luke 24.
Luke 24:25-27. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Paul employed the same method, and expected to persuade [peitho] using what had been written beforehand.
Acts 18:4. And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.
Acts 19:8. And he went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God.
Paul used this word over 20 times, and it is the root for both faith and believe or commit to ones trust. One more:
2 Co. 5:11. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
Galatians 1:10. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Did we go off on another question then ...
That is, have we moved on to another phrase in this verse ... that of

as compared with
you should not obey the truth?

If that the current question, then I can tell you right now ...
the NKJV (if it says in English, what you are saying it say) does not match the underlying Greek ... either that of the TR or 200RP (my Byzantine text)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

robinriley

Jun 15, 2015
Port Orchard, Washington
✟18,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, this was important to me because clearly portrayed among you as crucified was inconsistent with conveying Paul's method. But when you translate consistent with Romans 15:4, before written, it is consistent with the narrative that Paul argued persuasively from the scriptures, that Messiah crucified was indeed according to the scriptures. I don't get clearly portrayed at all. Paul is so astounded that they were not persuaded that he suggests that they have been bewitched! I am really beginning to feel his pain!

James ... James...James Haven't you been telling me, all along, that my mechanical methods of getting to the marrow of the scriptural bones wasn't necessary, because the spirit would surely keep us on track ... that is, which translation one uses (take the Message ... Please!) [Old joke about take my wife]

That is, which translation we are using, doesn't matter, because if we get the "gist" of what is being said. then the spirit will do the rest ...

But what if the translation only appears to give us the truth and nothing but the whole truth ... leaving out little things, changing the meaning of little things, substituting little things ... just changing what God actually said in little ways ... If we then depend upon that translation, without asking to see things more clearly .... SHOW ME THE MONEY! ... Then is the spirit (poor overworked thing) really expected to do all the work, just because we were ... comfortable with the assumption that it would?

(Sophie)
Bla bla bla ... why don't you just get on with it, and say "I told you so!" ... silly Robin

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Your insights were highly valued for sure. You also saw a little of mine in action. By comparing to Romans 15:4, my discomfort with 'evidently portrayed' was already confirmed. Are you going to gloss over the fact that I linked the interpretations to Paul's methodology, and his consistency with Christ himself? I was definitely edified by the exchange, were you not? Tsk tsk! Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? (1 Co 5:6)
Make sure he knows that I am teasing Sophie.
I am especially pleased with your patience with me. You will soon find that our methods in Christ will not hinder, but complement nicely. All compliments to you tonight though! Thanks again. and goodnight to you. Tomorrow will be more of the same, and even better.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thursday, April 2, 2020 - Scripture of the Day

Matthew 7:11–15 (NKJV) – Jesus speaking

11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Golden Rule

Luke 6:31

12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Two Ways of Life

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

False and True Teaching

Luke 6:43–45

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

If we want to see good things manifest in our lives, we need to ask Jesus to bring good things into our life and trust the He will do just that. He loves His children and wants only the best for us, which He understands better than we what is best – we must trust.

Our life could be so different, so much richer, if we approached each interaction with each person we encounter as an interaction where we gave what we would like to receive. What a different world our world would be with this spiritual practice.

There are not many ways to God, only one Narrow Gate, Jesus – enter therein.

Not every person who says they are of God is of God. Now more than ever we need to use spiritual discernment from the Holy Spirit to determine the Truth of man’s words.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There is several scriptures today, so focusing instead on your comments please allow me to add something I just posted on another thread with a similar line of thought:
If we want to see good things manifest in our lives, we need to ask Jesus to bring good things into our life and trust the He will do just that...
if we approached each interaction with each person we encounter as an interaction where we gave what we would like to receive.
I agree with your statements this morning, just want to encourage when Jesus brings into our life something that challenges us to rely on and abide in the Holy Spirit.

To commit oneself and entrust our life to God working in our life requires the believer to accept the sovereignty of His Son, and the Spirit He sent. This becomes most evident when we have to endure difficulties, for the chastisement of our selfish, carnal nature.
Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
His purpose is to transform us into the image of His Son. This requires us "to endure hardship" on occasion. By accepting the sovereignty of the Son, do we immediately look for an escape when a difficult situation arises, or do we say "It is the Lord". When the Lord brings someone new into our life, whether in fellowship, at Bible study, or in the workplace or neighborhood, and that person really gets under your skin, do you look for a way to avoid them, or is God working on you...
Philippians 2:13. for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
And concluding in 3:21. who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself
In order for God to transform this vile body into a glorified body, we must trust, that He is working in every situation for our good, even when it stings! So finally, we pray:
Hebrews 13:20, 21. Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0