Your personal revival.....

G

gideons300

Revival is a must. We as His body are not destined to be born into this world on the day of Pentecost and turn the world upside down in selfless love for our brothers and sisters and passion for others to know Him as we know Him, only to evolve downward over nineteen hundred years into a social apparatus, a schism-eroded organization that can lead none to green pastures because we ourselves are starving fro spiritual nourishment.

In the early church, imperfect as they were, they still turned the world upside down in less than seventy years. Men exclaimed "Behold how they love one another!" Men were willing to lay all at the feet of the apostles so that the body as a whole would prosper and grow and Jesus would be glorified.

But today, we are a rudderless and sailless ship, and the world as a whole mocks our hypocrisy and shallow words, because our shallow lives testify to them that we simply do not possess what we profess. Saints are given no instructions as to how to grow, how to defeat sin in their lives, how to increase in love, how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor. The truth is, we do not even believe as a whole it is possible to do so.

Is this the state the church will be found when our Lord returns? Will we be found clinging to a grace that only forgives us, but has little if any power to change us and turn us into living sacrifices as it promises to do for us? Will we lower our eyes as we face Him and get into heaven by the skin of our teeth? Worse yet, will we enter eternity with hearts that are quite content with that thought process, walking not as strangers and pilgrims, sojourners here in a world ruled by our enemy, and not at all bothered by the sins that still possess us, and the love of the world we are told we should not love?

Is this our destiny? 1000 denominations, each thinking their doctrines are the true correct ones, while the world shakes its head at all of us and says "If that is all that Christ can do for you, no thanks." Or is something on the horizon that will change us and alter our path 180 degrees?

I am convinced scripturally that it is not our destiny to come in like a lion and go out with a whimper, with a people still laden with the same sins of those in the world but who will see heaven simply because of a one time prayer.

Some will say that this type of preaching puts men under law, and throws them back under self effort to "try to do better". Let me be perfectly candid.

We cannot do better. No amount of effort, of guilt response, of brow beating, of threatening hell will have one iota of effect on our spiritual state. Law is simply man's effort to walk pleasing to God and law does not work. It cannot, for it is trying to make our old nature do new natured things. It is simply an impossibility.

The "revival" I have been called to share is a personal revival, you and God, none else. It is simply coming to the point that one is tired of going through the motions of Sunday after Sunday, never being changed, never seeing others changed, never hearing HOW to walk as a true overcomer. Each one of us must determine for ourselves whether we need this revival of spirit. But if sin still is our bedfellow, if the world pulls on us so that we cannot walk pleasing to God, if our hearts condemn us even if we are told there is no condemnation, if we are less sold out for the kingdom after years of serving God than we were in our "honeymoon" state as a new believer, then something is wrong, bad wrong.

Is there an answer? Is there a clear word that tells those seeking for more as to how to walk as an overcomer, even in our weakness? Yes, there is. It is not a "new truth", woven from taking many obscure scriptures and weaving them into the next new thing. It is not a movement in Seattle, or Amsterdam (sorry, Messy) or Brownsville or Toronto. It is not a specific preacher who can lay hands on us and make us free after years of bondage. It is truth, truth we have not believed, truth that is plainly stated with no interpretation needed, truth being revealed again to our needy hearts.

It is the simple promises of God that He has asked us to believe.

We are new creatures. Now. Today. We have been new since the day we first gave our lives to the Lord. But it has not works thus far. Why is this? What is the problem? What are we told?

"But it did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

If we are truly new creatures, and sin no longer has dominion over us, why then do we still struggle and fail? There is the reason. We have a part on this amazing covenant, this "agreement" with God. We are asked to believe it to be true.

Our personal revival is not dependent on God stirring the waters of the church, so that those who live the closest, or who have the good fortune of hearing about the new "anointed preacher" can go get a touch. No, friends. It is to be ours today, and there is not one reason it cannot begin right now.

So what must we do? We must accept what God says of us as true and then arm ourselves with it when satan comes to steal it back from us...and he will. And what does God say to us. How do we start?

First, we simply acknowledge that two things are bedrock truth of what Christ accomplished on the cross.

1) When Christ died, so did our old nature. Our rebel within was deposed, overthrown. We are dead.

2) When Christ rose from the dead to newness of life, so did we. He gave us the same new life and the same power to overcome that He possesses.

Is that all? No, there is one more step. Our head agrees with this, and the Lord now asks that we climb out of our boat of unbelief, and despite all the naysayers, the roaring winds of logic, the waves of doubt that tell us it is not possible, Jesus asks us to put off that old man by faith alone, and to put on that new man and lay claim to who we are in Christ.

It has no bearing on how bound we are by sin. It has no bearing on how far we have strayed. These are the result of us not believing this truth and they cannot hold us back from victory. We are asked to plant the seed of faith, and speak out the truth that our old man is dead, not dying slowly over fifty years of church services. We are asked to simply put on the new nature, to accept the truth as OUR truth that we are free.....right now and that no weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Does it sound too simplistic? Will we fall after the same error of Naaman, who complained that the instructions the prophet gave him were too easy to free him of the grip of leprosy. "Surely just dipping in the muddy Jordan river seven times cannot set me free", he said. But he was wrong. It can.

The Lord lamented once on a dusty road:

"When the son of Man returns, will He find faith on the earth?"

I assure you, He will. The church is about to be re-awakened. It is not hard, even if your faith is now riddled with doubts and unbelief. Your small seed of faith, as small as a mustard seed, is just enough to accomplish your miracle you seek. Shall we linger in doubt, or rather be like the woman who touched the new of His garment, convinced that because of who HE was, not because of how she lived, that He would heal her completely and free her of her disease?

I say to you today, any who read this, that your revival, your transformation from old defeated going-through-the-motions man to new fully overcoming, bubbling with new life, sin-shall-NOT-have-dominion-over-me new man is yours right now. The words are nigh you, even in your heart and mouth. Speak, and let the truth you say fill your ears and see the salvation of God change you into who you have always been, an overcoming child of the most High King.

Are you weak? Perfect. Our strength is made perfect when we see how absolutely dependent we are on the promises of God being true for us.

These words I share are not mine. By His grace, He gave them to me so that I myself could get freed from the grip of a self loving, sin saturated old nature that refused to do what I longed for deep inside. He has asked me to share these words with you and promised that the truth is not partial for any who hunger and thirst for free indeed. It is yours. Today. Let us put on the new man, our armor of light and see the salvation of the Lord manifested in our fleshly bodies.

Blessings to all.

Gideon

T

ToBeBlessed

Revival is a must. We as His body are not destined to be born into this world on the day of Pentecost and turn the world upside down in selfless love for our brothers and sisters and passion for others to know Him as we know Him, only to evolve downward over nineteen hundred years into a social apparatus, a schism-eroded organization that can lead none to green pastures because we ourselves are starving fro spiritual nourishment.

In the early church, imperfect as they were, they still turned the world upside down in less than seventy years. Men exclaimed "Behold how they love one another!" Men were willing to lay all at the feet of the apostles so that the body as a whole would prosper and grow and Jesus would be glorified.

But today, we are a rudderless and sailless ship, and the world as a whole mocks our hypocrisy and shallow words, because our shallow lives testify to them that we simply do not possess what we profess. Saints are given no instructions as to how to grow, how to defeat sin in their lives, how to increase in love, how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor. The truth is, we do not even believe as a whole it is possible to do so.

Is this the state the church will be found when our Lord returns? Will we be found clinging to a grace that only forgives us, but has little if any power to change us and turn us into living sacrifices as it promises to do for us? Will we lower our eyes as we face Him and get into heaven by the skin of our teeth? Worse yet, will we enter eternity with hearts that are quite content with that thought process, walking not as strangers and pilgrims, sojourners here in a world ruled by our enemy, and not at all bothered by the sins that still possess us, and the love of the world we are told we should not love?

Is this our destiny? 1000 denominations, each thinking their doctrines are the true correct ones, while the world shakes its head at all of us and says "If that is all that Christ can do for you, no thanks." Or is something on the horizon that will change us and alter our path 180 degrees?

I am convinced scripturally that it is not our destiny to come in like a lion and go out with a whimper, with a people still laden with the same sins of those in the world but who will see heaven simply because of a one time prayer.

Some will say that this type of preaching puts men under law, and throws them back under self effort to "try to do better". Let me be perfectly candid.

We cannot do better. No amount of effort, of guilt response, of brow beating, of threatening hell will have one iota of effect on our spiritual state. Law is simply man's effort to walk pleasing to God and law does not work. It cannot, for it is trying to make our old nature do new natured things. It is simply an impossibility.

The "revival" I have been called to share is a personal revival, you and God, none else. It is simply coming to the point that one is tired of going through the motions of Sunday after Sunday, never being changed, never seeing others changed, never hearing HOW to walk as a true overcomer. Each one of us must determine for ourselves whether we need this revival of spirit. But if sin still is our bedfellow, if the world pulls on us so that we cannot walk pleasing to God, if our hearts condemn us even if we are told there is no condemnation, if we are less sold out for the kingdom after years of serving God than we were in our "honeymoon" state as a new believer, then something is wrong, bad wrong.

Is there an answer? Is there a clear word that tells those seeking for more as to how to walk as an overcomer, even in our weakness? Yes, there is. It is not a "new truth", woven from taking many obscure scriptures and weaving them into the next new thing. It is not a movement in Seattle, or Amsterdam (sorry, Messy) or Brownsville or Toronto. It is not a specific preacher who can lay hands on us and make us free after years of bondage. It is truth, truth we have not believed, truth that is plainly stated with no interpretation needed, truth being revealed again to our needy hearts.

It is the simple promises of God that He has asked us to believe.

We are new creatures. Now. Today. We have been new since the day we first gave our lives to the Lord. But it has not works thus far. Why is this? What is the problem? What are we told?

"But it did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

If we are truly new creatures, and sin no longer has dominion over us, why then do we still struggle and fail? There is the reason. We have a part on this amazing covenant, this "agreement" with God. We are asked to believe it to be true.

Our personal revival is not dependent on God stirring the waters of the church, so that those who live the closest, or who have the good fortune of hearing about the new "anointed preacher" can go get a touch. No, friends. It is to be ours today, and there is not one reason it cannot begin right now.

So what must we do? We must accept what God says of us as true and then arm ourselves with it when satan comes to steal it back from us...and he will. And what does God say to us. How do we start?

First, we simply acknowledge that two things are bedrock truth of what Christ accomplished on the cross.

1) When Christ died, so did our old nature. Our rebel within was deposed, overthrown. We are dead.

2) When Christ rose from the dead to newness of life, so did we. He gave us the same new life and the same power to overcome that He possesses.

Is that all? No, there is one more step. Our head agrees with this, and the Lord now asks that we climb out of our boat of unbelief, and despite all the naysayers, the roaring winds of logic, the waves of doubt that tell us it is not possible, Jesus asks us to put off that old man by faith alone, and to put on that new man and lay claim to who we are in Christ.

It has no bearing on how bound we are by sin. It has no bearing on how far we have strayed. These are the result of us not believing this truth and they cannot hold us back from victory. We are asked to plant the seed of faith, and speak out the truth that our old man is dead, not dying slowly over fifty years of church services. We are asked to simply put on the new nature, to accept the truth as OUR truth that we are free.....right now and that no weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Does it sound too simplistic? Will we fall after the same error of Naaman, who complained that the instructions the prophet gave him were too easy to free him of the grip of leprosy. "Surely just dipping in the muddy Jordan river seven times cannot set me free", he said. But he was wrong. It can.

The Lord lamented once on a dusty road:

"When the son of Man returns, will He find faith on the earth?"

I assure you, He will. The church is about to be re-awakened. It is not hard, even if your faith is now riddled with doubts and unbelief. Your small seed of faith, as small as a mustard seed, is just enough to accomplish your miracle you seek. Shall we linger in doubt, or rather be like the woman who touched the new of His garment, convinced that because of who HE was, not because of how she lived, that He would heal her completely and free her of her disease?

I say to you today, any who read this, that your revival, your transformation from old defeated going-through-the-motions man to new fully overcoming, bubbling with new life, sin-shall-NOT-have-dominion-over-me new man is yours right now. The words are nigh you, even in your heart and mouth. Speak, and let the truth you say fill your ears and see the salvation of God change you into who you have always been, an overcoming child of the most High King.

Are you weak? Perfect. Our strength is made perfect when we see how absolutely dependent we are on the promises of God being true for us.

These words I share are not mine. By His grace, He gave them to me so that I myself could get freed from the grip of a self loving, sin saturated old nature that refused to do what I longed for deep inside. He has asked me to share these words with you and promised that the truth is not partial for any who hunger and thirst for free indeed. It is yours. Today. Let us put on the new man, our armor of light and see the salvation of the Lord manifested in our fleshly bodies.

Blessings to all.

Gideon

I stand behind my words, but I see why you would say that 'the world mocks your shallow words'.

We should all mean what we say and say what we mean.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟442,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The "revival" I have been called to share is a personal revival, you and God, none else. It is simply coming to the point that one is tired of going through the motions of Sunday after Sunday, never being changed, never seeing others changed, never hearing HOW to walk as a true overcomer. Each one of us must determine for ourselves whether we need this revival of spirit.

Yep.

And I think it is good ... helpful ... to have those in the Body to exhort us to regularly examine ourselves, our hearts, our motives. It is not so hard sometimes, to slip back into the ways of the flesh. Self-examination is a helpful tool to me ...

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Yep.

And I think it is good ... helpful ... to have those in the Body to exhort us to regularly examine ourselves, our hearts, our motives. It is not so hard sometimes, to slip back into the ways of the flesh. Self-examination is a helpful tool to me ...

Sister, I pray that is not all I am doing, because if we see as we examine ourselves whether we be in the faith that we are lacking, and simply decide we will double our efforts to "do better", nothing has really changed and it is just a matter of time before we are back needing examination again.

Thus men will read what I share and say it simply brings guilt and condemnation so it cannot be good.

What I am sharing is simply what God shared with me at my lowest, when I was ready to walk a way, so tired I was of failing to live a good, let alone holy life. What I share I had never heard before, but to my amazement, I found it simply what the word of God states. It is not new doctrine but it is definitely new to most Christians, for few are saying it is possible to walk as real overcomers, able to stare down the devil when he comes tempting.

What I have been given the privilege of sharing is what God will use to transform our lives, one at a time, so that the body of Christ will again become as it was in the days of the book of Acts, but moreso. I can take no pride in this. Left to myself, I am nothing but a self centered inappropriate content addict, angry and frustrated over my never ending failures. But I cannot deny what God has done for me, nor that He asked me to share what I share. I promise....no, no, GOD promises that if we arm ourselves with these truths, clinging to them for deliverance from our fleshly lives, they will simply revolutionize our lives. New creatures, where sin has no dominion over us, is a far cry from old creatures appearing to be good, going through the motions of religious service while toh world creeps towards an eternity they are in no way prepared to meet.

Examine ourselves? Yes indeed. But it is what we do after we examine ourselves that matters. Our choices? Only believe what our God has clearly promised us, or determine if we try harder we will get different results 'cause this time we mean business'. Those are our two paths facing us. One leads to freedom, the other to another lap around Sinai. There is a third route we can take. We can claim that grace has freed us to simply not care that we are still walking in self and sin and all will be well regardless. That is "magic pill grace" and if we remain here, it will lead us all the way back to Egypt, as we attempt to turn the grace of God into a free pass that makes all ok, even our disobedience with a heart contented to remain there. It is called lasciviousness. May we all flee that.

Blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟442,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Yep.

Sister, I pray that is not all I am doing, because if we see as we examine ourselves whether we be in the faith that we are lacking, and simply decide we will double our efforts to "do better", nothing has really changed and it is just a matter of time before we are back needing examination again.

No need to pray about it, for I do not see you only as encouraging 'self-examination'. However, that is the particular point I chose to address.

The power to overcome comes from the Spirit of God, and while we cannot 'infuse' that power into others (lol!), we certainly can share what God has done for us in the hopes of encouraging others towards greater victory in Christ. That's basically what I see you doing, Gids, or at least that's what I 'receive' from much of what you share.

May God continue to bless.
:)

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Yes me too. Thanks a LOT! I really need to hear it. Faith comes by hearing.

He has promised to establish us, dear Massy if we continue in His words. Unfortunately, right now, that means digging for ourselves, as most pulpits are at present silent on this subject. But that too is fixing to change. There will, in this coming revelation of who we are in him, be no 'superstars". Where is boasting in the true gospel? It is impossible when all that transforms us is from Him, undeserved by us, amen?

I find this. Our Christian music today is dancing very close to the truth I share. We sing it and it lifts us up, but as yet, we do not grasp the significance of what we sing so when the service is over, the truth erodes in our heart and as yet cannot take real root. But when we do? All Heaven is about to break loose. :)

Good to see you again, sis.

Gideon

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

No need to pray about it, for I do not see you only as encouraging 'self-examination'. However, that is the particular point I chose to address.

The power to overcome comes from the Spirit of God, and while we cannot 'infuse' that power into others (lol!), we certainly can share what God has done for us in the hopes of encouraging others towards greater victory in Christ. That's basically what I see you doing, Gids, or at least that's what I 'receive' from much of what you share.

May God continue to bless.
:)

Sister, your posts are uplifting, as is your spirit. I pray you did not receive my words in any way negatively. I simply wanted to clarify, but I thank you greatly for what you share. It blesses me.

Gids

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Repentance of sins to Jesus from genuine remorseful hearts has Jesus Christ our Saviour Loving us more greatly and Jesus is then able to give out His Holy generosity more greatly.

Jesus said to Saint Faustina during the 1930s (for mankind in His Divine Mercy and Divine Mercy Holy messages delivering His Divine Mercy Chaplet through Saint Sister Faustina):

"Write: I am Thrice Holy, and I detest the smallest sin. I cannot love a soul which is stained with sin; but when it repents, there is no limit to My generosity toward it. My mercy embraces and justifies it. With My mercy, I pursue sinners along all their paths, and My Heart rejoices when they return to Me. I forget the bitterness with which they fed My Heart and rejoice at their return.

Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just Hands. Tell sinners that I am always waiting for them, that I listen intently to the beating of their heart... when will it beat for Me? Write, that I am speaking to them through their remorse of conscience, through their failures and sufferings, through thunderstorms, through the voice of the Church. And if they bring all My graces to naught, I begin to be angry with them, leaving them alone and giving them what they want".

Therefore, people really do need to be focussing on continual repentance from hearts (including myself daily weekly) in genuine remorse to Jesus for hurting Jesus' Sacred Heart. Doing this, results in Jesus giving people/souls His Divine Mercy now and at the hour of death.

Within your post Gideon, you have made the point in relation to a negative or past addiction; the point of which I wish to make is that if you say "former" or "in the past" ie that I am thrice Holy as Jesus states above to mankind through Saint Faustina, then Jesus is able to ensure that negative habits or addictions are in fact "in the past". Because by stating "I am thrice Holy" Jesus in His Love and Holiness, is able to break the addiction for Eternity in your Heart and Soul, is able to strengthen your Heart, Soul Mind and Body in the process turning satan and its evil away without being tempted Gideon.

It is not a thought in relation to being Holier than thou or an ego thing saying "I am thrice Holy", there are more reasons in Jesus God and The Holy Spirit's Holiness and Wisdom, that have Jesus Christ our Saviour instructing mankind to say these four words.

Jesus also requested of mankind to state as many times as possible daily:

"Jesus, I Trust in You"

- while praying and asking Jesus for addictions to be broken and our souls hearts minds and bodies never again to be tempted

- while praying and asking Jesus for The Holy Spirit to fill our hearts souls minds and bodies with God's Loving Holy Purity and Cleanliness

- while praying and asking Jesus for all ego, pride and vanity to be removed from our hearts souls minds and bodies

Placing Jesus' Holy Image of Himself throughout every room in your home, on your tables, near your computer, in your vehicle, staring at you Gideon, (and Jesus does this believe me), with our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God's Holy Face and Image next to you, assists in Jesus breaking all addictions.

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
All of God's Love and Peace have infiltrated and absorbed every heart soul mind and body here on Earth, with His Holy Spirit in God's Love and Peace and Goodness, flowing through all hearts of every person, with all hearts fully converted to Jesus Christ our Saviour, Consecrated to Jesus' Sacred Heart now and forever, Amen.

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from The Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You".

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from The Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You".

All of God's Love and Peace have infiltrated and absorbed every heart soul mind and body here on Earth, with His Holy Spirit, in God's Love and Peace and Goodness, flowing through all hearts of every person, with all hearts fully converted to Jesus Christ our Saviour, Consecrated to Jesus' Sacred Heart now and forever, Amen.

Thank you Dear Lord and our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God now and forever Amen.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Great post, but on this one statement, I would say you are wrong my friend.

There is a single reason why this is not happening in churches across the world right now, and that reason is holiness.

Membership is easy, discipleship is work.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

There is a single reason why this is not happening in churches across the world right now, and that reason is holiness.

Until we see that it is not the highway TO holiness, and that God's will is to plant us ON the highway of holiness, we will labor in our efforts at discipleship until our lack of progress convinces us that since we are "only human" real holiness is a pipe dream and the best we can do is trust He will overlook our worldly, self ruled hearts.

I do not back off the promises God has clearly made to us. If we are truly tired of failure and do not have the strength or discipline to train as a disciple, there is good news.

NOW we are clean through the word He has spoken to us.

We can put off the old nature in one outrageous act of faith, and believe that when Christ died, so did that self centered old nature. Today, we can stand against the accusations of the devil and say:

"No, that WAS me, but I am dead and my life is now hid with God. I am not in the flesh any longer and owe it, and you, no more homage.... none."

Those words may come from us with weak and trembling lips, but God has spoken. We have just enough faith.

True discipleship will not come until we walk in that new man, having reckoned that sin's power over us is broken. But when it does happen, when we realize the power he has given us, power to BE overcomers, the decision to grow as a disciple and not a=remain a pew warmer is the most natural decision in the world.

Why? With our new natures on, God has promised to "cause us" to walk in true heart felt obedience, called "the obedience of faith". of faith. To our amazement, fruits of the spirit, that we assumed would take a lifetime, begin to grow and glorify God in our lives. Can the gospel be that good? Oh yes.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian

That is an interesting observation.

Holiness.. food for thought.

Upvote 0

Eyesee

It's all about Jesus
Jun 14, 2012
North Texas
✟15,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Until we see that it is not the highway TO holiness, and that God's will is to plant us ON the highway of holiness, we will labor in our efforts at discipleship until our lack of progress convinces us that since we are "only human" real holiness is a pipe dream and the best we can do is trust He will overlook our worldly, self ruled hearts.

I do not back off the promises God has clearly made to us. If we are truly tired of failure and do not have the strength or discipline to train as a disciple, there is good news.

NOW we are clean through the word He has spoken to us.

We can put off the old nature in one outrageous act of faith, and believe that when Christ died, so did that self centered old nature. Today, we can stand against the accusations of the devil and say:

"No, that WAS me, but I am dead and my life is now hid with God. I am not in the flesh any longer and owe it, and you, no more homage.... none."

Those words may come from us with weak and trembling lips, but God has spoken. We have just enough faith.

True discipleship will not come until we walk in that new man, having reckoned that sin's power over us is broken. But when it does happen, when we realize the power he has given us, power to BE overcomers, the decision to grow as a disciple and not a=remain a pew warmer is the most natural decision in the world.

Why? With our new natures on, God has promised to "cause us" to walk in true heart felt obedience, called "the obedience of faith". of faith. To our amazement, fruits of the spirit, that we assumed would take a lifetime, begin to grow and glorify God in our lives. Can the gospel be that good? Oh yes.

Blessings,

Gideon

This is correct. Walking with God requires right BELIEFS (i.e. those that are in alignment with HIS TRUTH) before anything else (which is the essence of repentance). We abide FIRST, the right kind of fruit is born thereafter. Otherwise we're doing exactly what the enemy wants, which is trying to forge "righteousness" in our own strength and fighting TO a position of victory as opposed to FROM a position of victory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟165,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That is an interesting observation.

Holiness.. food for thought.

It is our reasonable service according to the word of GOD. GOD and us share a partnership, we have to draw nigh unto Him and He will draw nigh unto us.

Holiness is found in His presence. We can't make ourselves holy apart from abiding in Him. It is a dedication from ourselves unto Him, a work on our parts per-say, to pursue Him everyday.

The Holy Spirit is to rest upon us in power, and that requires holiness for it to happen.

Upvote 0