I am not a sheep! I follow only one!
Jul 1, 2008
United Kingdom
✟10,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How often do you work out and for how long?

I do:

3 times a week running
2 times a week spin class
walk 2 miles a day five times a week (don't drive so that one is easy)
yoga once a week
weight training twice a week

I have one rest day a week where I will only walk for exercise.

CocoaBean

May 5, 2011
✟15,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I usually try to run outdoors at least 4 days a week, for about an hour each time. Then 2 days a week I'll stay in and do Zumba or Hip Hop Abs. Still take Sundays off. :) Only got 3 more pounds to lose of the 11 I gained this winter,,, our complex's pool is filled and ready to go... hope to be ready by Memorial Day! LOL

Upvote 0

ahiggs

Aug 4, 2008
Carthage Missouri
✟8,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
4 days a week. each day has a main lift with 1 or 2 accessory lifts
monday squats and bis
tuesday bench and tris
wednesday off
thursday deadlifts and back
friday shoulder press and a light bench
saturday and sunday off
goals are mostly for strengh, and the instant gratification of what can i move this week that i could not last week

Upvote 0

dannybias46

May 12, 2011
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Weight training 6 days a week...1 day to rest...I work 1 body part per day..That works for me very well and it gives my body time to heal also...1 hour cardio per day...
My contest training I do 1 hour cardio per day...Swim 2 miles a day and bike 16 miles a day....

Upvote 0

LillyJD

May 18, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Visit site
✟15,134.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a membership to Curves so six days a week I do their workout. I just switch out the intensity- one day I really push myself, and the next day I push myself just a little to keep moving but I try to take it easy. I also walk/jog about three miles a day with my dogs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freedmfighter

Jun 8, 2011
✟15,238.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Okey...I'm not as active as I used to be...especially now that I have three 8 yr old girls that drain the life out of me.
Before I had kids.... I had a workout schedule and since I was a medic...it became an added bonus.
I found my energy level hit it's high in the evening.. so I would do half'n'hour of jogging on the tredmill and then do weights for the next 45 min.
There were times I would come home from a 14 hr shift and I would be pumped with adrenline to the hilt and I would be doing over an hour of cardio and weights just to work the adrenline off.
I sure miss those high energy workouts.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Used to run/jog frequently with some biking, but now am an avid cyclist (better for my aging feet and joints). Also work out at a fitness center (to which I bike in fair weather) 3-4 times per week, more in winter when I am not biking as much. I include weights and machines to keep muscle tone. Finally, play golf regularly during the warm months, usually walking the course. Oh yes, for additional aerobic exercise I chase after my grandkids!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thegandyman

Chicken legs
Jun 25, 2011
✟15,216.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Monday Squats, Bench, Cleans 5x5 (ramping weight)
Wednesday Squats, Deadlifts, Military press 4x5 (ramping all four on military and deads, last two sets of squats at same weight)
Friday Squats, Bench, Clean 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 (ramping weight) Dips, Curls, Triceps extenstions 3x8 (straight sets)

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 8-12 hill sprints depending on energy levels

Current goals: Squat 365x5, Bench 275x5, Deadlift 405x5, Military Press 195x5, Cleans 225x5

Upvote 0

loveU11

Jul 9, 2011
✟15,129.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Every day at gym over my lunch hour with about a half hour of weights and a half hour of aerobics. Absolute must as I sit all day for many hours which is VERY hard on the body.

I know about sitting! Online school, online work, makes one need the time to stretch the muscles really good.

I try to get to the gym a min. of 3 days a week and a good week 7 days, but until the gas prices go down more, not going to be doing the 7 days!

At the gym I do 15 min. warm up with exercises and weights, and 45 min. to an hour of cardio.

At home I have two small sets of weights I use and do a min. of 20 min workouts with them when I don't go to the gym (and sometimes when I do go as well.)

Upvote 0

ahiggs

Aug 4, 2008
Carthage Missouri
✟8,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
2-3 days in a week, I work out. I want to know a well pattern to achieve a good health. Anyone help me?

it kinda depends on a few things
but a good starting routine is strong lifts 5x5 or starting strength both really are good programs you may need to buy the book for starting strength to get the full program, but i personally prefer it. i also like jim wendlers 5-3-1 this is the one i am doing

Upvote 0

stefan s

Sep 20, 2011
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to work out every day with a day of rest on Sundays. When I was in school I had to get creative with my workouts. While in college, I would try to schedule a block of free time during the middle of my day. This usually only happened 3 days a week. I went to college in Indianapolis and attended IUPUI which actually has a pretty nice gym/recreational facility. Instead of running around the indoor track, on nice days I would run around campus. I started off at the gym and then made my way across campus to the IU Health building and then back. I then had about an hour to get my workout in. As for my regimen, I would change it up daily switching from upper body to lower body. On the days when I couldn't work out on campus, I was able to utilize my apartment's "gym" which had just the basics for equipment, but it got the job done.

Upvote 0