You say same gospel, why aren't you keeping the sabbath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
from my earlier post

TIMES PAST

Exodus 31 :14
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Exodus 31:14-15

14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Now let's see if Jesus kept the sabbath as well.
Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

luke 6:6
And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.

luke 13:10
And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath.

BUT NOW
COLOSSAINS 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Didn't God say anyone violating the sabbath will be put to death

"doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death".

How come Paul says "Let no man therefore judge you" in respect to sabbaths.

Could it be were not under the law contract?

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Who was, and will be under the law?

We already established "the who". The law was given to Israel

What about "the will"

AGES TO COME
Matthew 24:3

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Matthew 19:4-8 &19

4) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6) And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7) For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8) All these are the beginning of sorrows.
.19) And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

In ages to come the sabbath day will again be relevant as it was in "times past"

The sabbath was relevant in "times past", as well as it will be in "Ages to Come" ,
But now it is no longer relevant in this present dispensation; which was by the way given to Paul.

Ephesians 3:2-3

2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

If you believe the kingdom gospel is for you ,than depending where you are, and what time zone your in, your sabbath starts soon.
I would hate for you to be put to death.
I betcha you'd be shouting" STOP WE'RE IN THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE!!!!" which was given to Paul

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
from my earlier post

TIMES PAST

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.

BUT NOW
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

What about "the will"

AGES TO COME

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

6) And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7) For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
.19) And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

In ages to come the sabbath day will again be relevant as it was in "times past"

The sabbath was relevant in "times past", as well as it will be in "Ages to Come" ,
But now it is no longer relevant in this present dispensation; which was by the way given to Paul.

2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

If you believe the kingdom gospel is for you ,than depending where you are, and what time zone your in, your sabbath starts soon.
I betcha you'd be shouting" STOP WE'RE IN THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE!!!!" which was given to Paul
I notice no one touched this with a ten foot pole....good post, rightdivider.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
I notice no one touched this with a ten foot pole....good post, rightdivider.

Perhaps because there's no argument being made? It's a pointless hodge-podge of hyper-dispensational rhetoric with Scripture thrown in just to give it a hint of authority.

The fact, however, is that the Sabbath has nothing to do with the gospel. Imagine that. ;)

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps because there's no argument being made? It's a pointless hodge-podge of hyper-dispensational rhetoric with Scripture thrown in just to give it a hint of authority.

The fact, however, is that the Sabbath has nothing to do with the gospel. Imagine that. ;)

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner
If you are making a stand that Peter preached the same gospel as Paul then it most certainly DOES have to do with the gospel. Peter PREACHED THIS gospel...he was a JEW and obeyed the LAW!

By the way, so did Christ when He was on the earth. He came to fulfil the promises made unto the fathers (Israel)...He went to the synagogue on the SABBATH in keeping WITH the law.

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
from my earlier post

TIMES PAST

BUT NOW

What about "the will"

AGES TO COME

Actually it is more fundamental than that The Mosiac Law, the 613 which included the Sabbath was done away with, by way of fulfillment by Messiah. This event was completed way before Paul became a servant of Messiah.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
If you are making a stand that Peter preached the same gospel as Paul then it most certainly DOES have to do with the gospel. Peter PREACHED THIS gospel...he was a JEW and obeyed the LAW!

So? What does this have to do with the Gospel? Absolutely nothing. Peter was also circumcised as a child. Does that have any relevance towards the Gospel? No.

By the way, so did Christ when He was on the earth. He came to fulfil the promises made unto the fathers (Israel)...He went to the synagogue on the SABBATH in keeping WITH the law.

Likewise, Jesus was also circumcised as a child. Does that have any relevance to the Gospel? Nope.

Your "point" has been leveled.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
Actually it is more fundamental than that The Mosiac Law, the 613 which included the Sabbath was done away with, by way of fulfillment by Messiah. This event was completed way before Paul became a servant of Messiah.

According to scripture the sabbath will be relevant, as it was in christ's earthly ministry.

Tell me why Jerrysch?

Upvote 0

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner
Romans 11:6
6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

Matthew 19:20) But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Again my friends why Aren't you keeping the sabbath?

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

According to scripture the sabbath will be relevant, as it was in christ's earthly ministry.

Tell me why Jerrysch?
Hm? Where's it say the sabbath is relevant to the gospel? C'mon, Jesus is speaking to people who are bound by the Law of the Land not to fly on the Sabbath! So what?

But inasmuch as the Sabbath does remain, left abandoned by other Sabbath practices (which are only a foretaste of the rest that we do receive in Christ Jesus), we do practice the Sabbath.
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God[!!!!!!!], for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Heb 4:9-10
So tell me, why don't you practice the Sabbath rest for the people of God? Isn't that what the Apostle says? No, not the 1/7 day prohibiting work -- but obediently taking holi[y]day from our own works on every day that's called, "Today", to do the works that redeem people, that Christ has commissioned us to do.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 11:6
6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

No one is saved by works. There never was a time when someone was.

matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

Matthew 19:20)But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Why do you assume I'm not? I'm a Messianic Christian, after all. :)

But, this is not about the Sabbath. This is about the gospel. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hm? Where's it say the sabbath is relevant to the gospel? C'mon, Jesus is speaking to people who are bound by the Law of the Land not to fly on the Sabbath! So what?

But inasmuch as the Sabbath does remain, left abandoned by other Sabbath practices (which are only a foretaste of the rest that we do receive in Christ Jesus), we do practice the Sabbath.
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God[!!!!!!!], for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Heb 4:9-10
So tell me, why don't you practice the Sabbath rest for the people of God? Isn't that what the Apostle says? No, not the 1/7 day prohibiting work -- but obediently taking holi[y]day from our own works on every day that's called, "Today", to do the works that redeem people, that Christ has commissioned us to do.
Yes; so true.

Isaiah 28 speaks of the Rest which the "prudent" did not understand the message of, which was the Message of the Oracles committed to the Jews in coming to "the Perfect Man" -represented in the Oracle itself, as the solid gold Mercy Seat [pattern of the New Man body of Christ] and the pattern of the Everlasting True heavenly Ark of the Covenant beneath, which represented "all the Redeemed" [whosoever will], "made" [reborn] in His New Man image, beneath the Mercy Seat, covered by that Mercy Seat which received the blood of sprinkling once, for all in Adam, which ended the "remembrance of sin" against all in Adam, by the Father -made an end of the first death of separation -for whosoever will.

We in Adam were cursed to labor for the food that does not bring eternal life, at the fall; but in the New Man, we who are adopted into the King of Peace's Kingdom have entered into His Rest -and we remain in that rest forever.

Whether or not we keep any day of the week above another or every day alike, then, is a moot point, and is only between each Believer and their Master.

"Come unto Me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light."

And for the information of those in the MAD doctrine, Paul said not to become a non Jew if you are "called" -born again into Christ- as a Jew, and not to become a Jew if you are called -born again into Christ- as a non Jew -did you who follow "only Paul" not know that? -and did you know that the Church settled this question in Acts chapter 15? - for there were some who thought Believing Gentiles should become Jews. Peter and James set them straight.

Acts 15
6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.

{Peter was not a Mid Acts dispensationalist -Believe him, dear MAD followers :)}

8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus *Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."

{Peter was not a Mid Acts Dispensationalist -by his own testimony -believe him, dear MAD follower:)}

12 Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. 13 And after they had become silent, James answered, saying,
"Men and brethren, listen to me: 14 Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name.
15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:

16 'After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the *Lord who does all these things.'

18 *"Known to God from eternity are all His works. 19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from *sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath."
The Jerusalem Decree
22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas,* and Silas, leading men among the brethren.
23 They wrote this letter by them:...

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Tell me why Jerrysch?

Well I can think of at least two reasons

1) Jesus was preaching among those of ethnic Israel

2) The Mosiac covenant had not yet been fulfilled, not until His resurrection was it done away with.

Now I'll ask you one as well are you submitting to the 613? If not why?

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Paul the Jew kept the law;

Paul preached to the Corinthians a long time, in Acts 18 [and many were baptized in water after believing "his" "gospel of Jesus Christ"], then, Paul sailed and shaved his head, for he had a vow -according to the Jewish law;
Acts 18: And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized....Act 18:11
And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.Act 18:18And Paul [after this] tarried [there] yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn [his] head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow....Act 18:21
But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Paul, the Jew, keeps the law;

Paul Urged to Make Peace
15 And after those days we packed and went up to Jerusalem. 16 Also some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us and brought with them a certain Mnason of Cyprus, an early disciple, with whom we were to lodge.
17 And when we had come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18 On the following day Paul went in with us to James, and all the elders were present. 19 When he had greeted them, he told in detail those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. 20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, "You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law; 21 but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs. 22 *What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come. 23 Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow. 24 Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law. 25 But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided *that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality."

rrested in the Temple26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having been purified with them, entered the temple to announce the expiration of the days of purification, at which time an offering should be made for each one of them.

The book of Acts ends with Paul, the Jew, declaring that he has lived in all good conscience before God until "this day" -he, the Jew, kept the law.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul the Jew kept the law;

Paul preached to the Corinthians a long time, in Acts 18 [and many were baptized in water after believing "his" "gospel of Jesus Christ"], then, Paul sailed and shaved his head, for he had a vow -according to the Jewish law;
Acts 18: And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized....Act 18:11
And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.Act 18:18And Paul [after this] tarried [there] yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn [his] head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow....Act 18:21
But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.

Paul, the Jew, keeps the law;

Paul Urged to Make Peace
15 And after those days we packed and went up to Jerusalem. 16 Also some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us and brought with them a certain Mnason of Cyprus, an early disciple, with whom we were to lodge.
17 And when we had come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 18 On the following day Paul went in with us to James, and all the elders were present. 19 When he had greeted them, he told in detail those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. 20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, "You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law; 21 but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs. 22 *What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come. 23 Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow. 24 Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law. 25 But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided *that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality."

rrested in the Temple26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having been purified with them, entered the temple to announce the expiration of the days of purification, at which time an offering should be made for each one of them.

The book of Acts ends with Paul, the Jew, declaring that he has lived in all good conscience before God until "this day" -he, the Jew, kept the law.
Paul the Jew, said:
1Cr 7:17¶But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

But Paul the Jew did not do as Paul the Jew said: he circumcised a half Jew who already did believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then takes him with him to deliver the letter to the Churches which was written by the Jerusalem council to them, saying the Gentiles did not have to keep the law or be circumcised!!!!!
Act 16:1¶Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father [was] a Greek:

Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium.
Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.
And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why are you elevating the Sabbath over the other 612?

Do you keep the 613, why not? And by the way how do you keep the Sabbath? How does the Scriptures indicate that the Sabbath is to be kept? And just where was the instruction regarding the Sabbath given in Scripture ant to whom?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[/i]No one is saved by works. There never was a time when someone was. [/b]

Why do you assume I'm not? I'm a Messianic Christian, after all. :)

But, this is not about the Sabbath. This is about the gospel. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Changing the subject but since you are here, how do those of ethnic Israel now in this day and age do passover? Now that the Temple is no more. Be advised, I am asking for information only, I am not seeking to gain anything but knowledge. :wave:

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Changing the subject but since you are here, how do those of ethnic Israel now in this day and age do passover? Now that the Temple is no more. Be advised, I am asking for information only, I am not seeking to gain anything but knowledge. :wave:

Those who are naturally Jewish (i.e., who don't accept Jesus as the Messiah) usually have a family meal and recall the exodus out of Egypt. I'm not sure about the temple, though. It is necessary to observe the Passover? As Messianic believers, my congregation does the same (i.e., we have a feast...an agape feast is what we call it)...but we rememeber the death of Jesus Christ and what that means for us. It's a very somber time. Many tears are shed in gratitude for what He did. There's also a time for spiritual reflection...everyone asks one another to forgive them...and we clear our consciences of any wrongdoing we have for one another. And we eat the bread & drink the cup in remeberance of His death. Afterwards, we sing songs until we're dismissed.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those who are naturally Jewish (i.e., who don't accept Jesus as the Messiah) usually have a family meal and recall the exodus out of Egypt. I'm not sure about the temple, though. It is necessary to observe the Passover? As Messianic believers, my congregation does the same (i.e., we have a feast...an agape feast is what we call it)...but we rememeber the death of Jesus Christ and what that means for us. It's a very somber time. Many tears are shed in gratitude for what He did. There's also a time for spiritual reflection...everyone asks one another to forgive them...and we clear our consciences of any wrongdoing we have for one another. And we eat the bread & drink the cup in remeberance of His death. Afterwards, we sing songs until we're dismissed.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Thanks for the responce. It seems as if so many of the festivals needed to be performed in the Temple, I was wondering how these were being observed in this day and age.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you elevating the Sabbath over the other 612?

Do you keep the 613, why not? And by the way how do you keep the Sabbath? How does the Scriptures indicate that the Sabbath is to be kept? And just where was the instruction regarding the Sabbath given in Scripture ant to whom?
They aren't answering you, Jerry.
The seventh day Sabbath was never a day to go to temple and have meeting. -There's just no Scripture anywhere that commands the nation of Israel to go to "Temple" and have fellowship with one another on seventh day "Sabbath".
And the Priests broke every Sabbath -and were guiltless.
It was always about the "sign" of the finished work of the Perfect Man who was to come, which the namesake nation kept the living oracles of, and which finished work of the Perfect Man gave access to the true heavenly holy of holies to whosoever will -repent and believe in the name of the "Only Begotten Son".

BTW, Jerry, what happened to theologyforums? I can't access it at all and get an error page everytime I try. I know Ken set up his own website and Joe left, but beyond that I haven't a clue.
Thanks,
"redeemed" ..on theologyforums

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.