You say same gospel, why aren't you keeping the sabbath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They aren't answering you, Jerry.
The seventh day Sabbath was never a day to go to temple and have meeting. -There's just no Scripture anywhere that commands the nation of Israel to go to "Temple" and have fellowship with one another on seventh day "Sabbath".
And the Priests broke every Sabbath -and were guiltless.
It was always about the "sign" of the finished work of the Perfect Man who was to come, which the namesake nation kept the living oracles of, and which finished work of the Perfect Man gave access to the true heavenly holy of holies to whosoever will -repent and believe in the name of the "Only Begotten Son".

BTW, Jerry, what happened to theologyforums? I can't access it at all and get an error page everytime I try. I know Ken set up his own website and Joe left, but beyond that I haven't a clue.
Thanks,
"redeemed" ..on theologyforums

Well we'll see if they answer. If someone wants to keep the Sabbath, that is great. If they know what is involved. But if they think that the Sabbath is somehow the only aspect of the Mosiac system which is still in effect, well, they will have to show it.

I don't know what happened to theologyforums it was there one day then gone, poof!? Like a foretaste of the rapture, huh? Good to see you here, I really don't remember you too much from tF, though.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well we'll see if they answer. If someone wants to keep the Sabbath, that is great. If they know what is involved. But if they think that the Sabbath is somehow the only aspect of the Mosiac system which is still in effect, well, they will have to show it.

I don't know what happened to theologyforums it was there one day then gone, poof!? Like a foretaste of the rapture, huh? Good to see you here, I really don't remember you too much from tF, though.
We had a few good rounds on the Priesthood of Jesus, and when it began, etc -otherwise, we hadn't much interaction.
Thank you for letting me know, I could never understand why I could not get into the site.

Upvote 0

Jerrysch

Senior Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
✟4,104.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We had a few good rounds on the Priesthood of Jesus, and when it began, etc -otherwise, we hadn't much interaction.
Thank you for letting me know, I could never understand why I could not get into the site.

Well welcome! This is a very good forum lotsof threads, hope to interact with you here. God Bless, what made you choose that handle?

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well welcome! This is a very good forum lotsof threads, hope to interact with you here. God Bless, what made you choose that handle?
"redeemed" was already taken.
I came here a good while ago and posted in the eschatology forum.
on theologyonline I was "thelaqachisnext" but I do not post there anymore either.
I am just doing this forum at the moment because the doctrine of MAD needs full exposure and sound rebuke from Scripture. There are several who post here who do an excellent job of that, and iron sharpens iron, so I learn from them also.

God bless you too!

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actually it is more fundamental than that The Mosiac Law, the 613 which included the Sabbath was done away with, by way of fulfillment by Messiah. This event was completed way before Paul became a servant of Messiah.
_
No. The law of Moses was still operative in early Acts-a few examples:

1. Temple worship

2. Acts 10:

"And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing..." Acts 10:30

Cornelius was a Jewish proselyte. The ninth hour (3 p.m) was the hour of the evening sacrifice. Peter was keeping the dietary laws according to the law(Leviticus), the law of separation, in Acts 10:14, 10:28,11:8.

3. Have you sold all your possesions? The Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to:

Command given: Mt. 19:21; Mk. 10:21;Luke 12:33,18:22
Command obeyed: Mt. 19:27;Mk. 10:28;Luke 5:11, 18:28; Acts 2:44-45,4:32,34
Penalty for disobedience-death of Ananias and Sapphira-Acts 5:1-11

This was straight out of the OT law:

"Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." Numbers 15:29-31

Yes, this is really "the dispensation of the grace of God"!

Since "the" church, the body of Christ, "obviously" began at Pentecost, does anyone have "...all things common...", per Acts 2:44, 4:32-34, 3:6?

And on and on and on.....

Watch the intellectually dishonest responses.

In Christ,
John M. Whalen

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
_
No. The law of Moses was still operative in early Acts-a few examples:

1. Temple worship

2. Acts 10:

"And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing..." Acts 10:30

Cornelius was a Jewish proselyte. The ninth hour (3 p.m) was the hour of the evening sacrifice. Peter was keeping the dietary laws according to the law(Leviticus), the law of separation, in Acts 10:14, 10:28,11:8.

3. Have you sold all your possesions? The Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to:

Command given: Mt. 19:21; Mk. 10:21;Luke 12:33,18:22
Command obeyed: Mt. 19:27;Mk. 10:28;Luke 5:11, 18:28; Acts 2:44-45,4:32,34
Penalty for disobedience-death of Ananias and Sapphira-Acts 5:1-11

This was straight out of the OT law:

"Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." Numbers 15:29-31

Yes, this is really "the dispensation of the grace of God"!

Since "the" church, the body of Christ, "obviously" began at Pentecost, does anyone have "...all things common...", per Acts 2:44, 4:32-34, 3:6?

And on and on and on.....

Watch the intellectually dishonest responses.

In Christ,
John M. Whalen
Im watching, saddened, but watching. :(
Ya know, I dont care if no one believes ME, or you, John, but when religious rhetoric takes the place of what is clearly represented and SHOWN in zillions of posts, it actually pains me to see folks caught up in the web of the enemy.

Paul tells us he doesnt want anyone ignorant of the mystery truths which ARE different from those truths (yes truths, we have always maintained that what was given to the nation Israel was truth as well, just NOT truth for us today!) of those given to Israel!

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Law was a schoolmaster, a Tutor, living oracles, to bring us to the Goal, which is the Perfect Man, which is represented in the heavenly temple by the Mercy Seat, which Moses got the heavenly pattern of and copied exactly.

The living oracles were to show the One Way for all men, and only when God split the veil of separation in the Acceptable Year -the Day of Jesus, which the Gentile prophet AbraHAm saw and was glad in [Genesis 22], when our Sacrifice was lifted up as the serpent on the pole, set forth by God as the public display of His dead body as Mercy Seat for all nations, to make them fit to be sons of God in His Resurrection Life; was the Sacrifice ended forever and the Way open to come to the Father for the glory, in the New Man's image.

The High Priest showed "the Way" once a year -but as they only offered the shadow, they could not enter in and remain, but had to take off the garments of holiness and leave them in the temple for next time -until He came whose body was typed from the beginning in that Secret, in that Oracle, in that Holy of Holies, as the Mercy Seat of YHWH whose blood made us acceptable to the Father forever.
Now all who come can put on beautiful "garments of Yeshua" and be priests to stand before the Son of Man and minister before Him in His inheritance forever, in the regeneration of it.
We who have entered into His true Rest now have an everliving "Firstborn", a Father who is in us and with us and who has clothed us with Garments of his New Man Spirit and then of His New Man body, to make us acceptable to the Father, and ended the first death of separation from Him forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.