You Rather Obey Man Than God!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightlydividingtheword

Dec 19, 2005
✟15,325.00
Faith
Christian
I'm convinced that some of you just rather believe your pastors or your man made theology, rather than the bible.
Romans 15:8
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: "to confirm the promises made unto the fathers":

The promises that god made to Israel that's the gospel(good news) that jesus came to preach,and that was what he taught and ultimately commission the 12 apostles to preach.

Luke 2:25-26
2:25
And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
2:26
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

"waiting for the consolation of Israel:"

That's the good news (gospel)they(israel) was waiting on.Isreal to recieve their promises that was given to the fathers

luke 1:68-74
1:68
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
1:69
And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
1:71
That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
1:72
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
1:73
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
1:74
That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

"To perform the mercy promised to our fathers"

That's the gospel,(good news)!!!!
Tell me have you read anywhere where paul preached this good news(gospel) to the gentiles or anyone for that matter jew or gentile. This was the good news that was prophesied. That's why Peter only could preach that which was already revealed by god to the prophets,Paul didn't preach this good news(gospel)His good news wasn't exclusively to the jews but to the heathen(both unbelieving jews and gentiles)

Galations 2:9
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we(paul and barnabas) should go unto the heathen,(both unbelieving jew and gentile) and they (Peter and the eleven)unto the circumcision (The believing remnant of Israel) "that we(paul and barnabas) should go unto the heathen,(both unbelieving jew and gentile)" Now in Pauls gospel(good news) the distinction between Jew and gentile isn't there anymore

Galations 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galations 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

This is so obvious that ray charles with cataracts can see this,you just rather believe man than god's word.

2 corinthians2:17
For we eph3nine,biblebeliever123,dispy,jimwhalen,dispy myself) are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
xenia said:
You know that each one of us believes our theology is from God and that everyone else's is from man. We all have verses we can post to show that "we" are of God and "you" are of man.

Yes, one can prove almost ANY crazy theory by yanking verses OUT of context to prove THEIR point. Thats why right division is soooooo very awesome. It actually lets the scriptures tell us which program we are IN today, and lets us make the distinction between the two programs God has for re establishing His reign and rule in heaven and on earth.

Unless you understand the BIG PICTURE and why it was NECESSARY for God to have two programs, you will forever be stuck in "traditions of men", and will also be a part of the ever growing number of those who will be revealed to be ASHAMED workmen, and unapproved by God for NOT acknowledging His final revelation to mankind.

PLEASE...do yourself a wonderful favor and come to www.paltalk.com Tues nite at 7 PM Central. THAT topic is being done in a LIVE BIBLE STUDY that will show you from scripture why it was necessary for God to have two programs and what part YOU play in the scheme of things.

Heaven and earth have been compromised. Satan is the god of this world today. He has also corrupted the heavenly realm. BOTH of those realms were created BY God and God is the ONLY RIGHTFUL RULER.

YOUR entire BIBLE is a story of how God intends to TAKE BACK his reign and rule on both earth AND heaven and where YOU FIT IN!

Dont miss it. The room name is "Gods Will Made Clear"...Tues 7 PM Central in www.paltalk.com

I recommend going in ahead of time to register and download the program...its super easy. Find the heading CHRISTIANITY and then look for the room name on TUES and THURS...but this coming TUES is where all your questions will be SEEN and ANSWERED from scripture. It will blow your socks off!

We have a LIVE question and answer time afterwards. Pastor Trent Cole from Dayton , Ohio will be teaching.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
xenia said:
God bless you, Eph, and thanks for the invitation, but no thanks. I don't believe Dispensationalism is true. I believe it is a false doctrine. However, I am convinced you yourself are a believer.

Oh my.....faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the Word of God. If you listen to what the bible says and then choose NOT to believe it, thats one thing...but you have never actually HEARD why we believe as we do. What would it hurt to hear from scripture WHY God set up two programs? What are you afraid of?

I hope you change your mind. God himself is a dispensationalist. :wave:

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
eph3Nine said:
Oh my.....faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the Word of God. If you listen to what the bible says and then choose NOT to believe it, thats one thing...but you have never actually HEARD why we believe as we do. What would it hurt to hear from scripture WHY God set up two programs? What are you afraid of?

No fear here. Remember, I was a Dispensationalist for most of my life. And I have heard why you believe what you believe. I've read your posts here.

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
xenia said:
God bless you, Eph, and thanks for the invitation, but no thanks. I don't believe Dispensationalism is true. I believe it is a false doctrine. However, I am convinced you yourself are a believer.

1. This is an intra-dispensational principle that applies to each and every one of us, including myself:

What you believe and the objective truth are independent.

Absolute certainty about something, or someone, is no assurance that you believe the truth. You can believe something with "all your heart", be "sincere", and yet be absolutely wrong. Belief is no guarantee that you are right, and, conversely, you may "not believe" something with absolute certainty, yet be wrong. Just as belief does not guarantee that something is true, simarlily, unbelief/ doubt is no guarantee that something is false. That is, we can conclude: Belief makes nothing true- the greatest belief("great faith")makes nothing true. Likewise, the greatest unbelef/doubt makes nothing false. Succinctly, what you/I believe stands
completely independent of the objective truth itself. Whether you/I I believe, or disbelieve/doubt, has no effect on truth. The truth goes on eternally, irrespective of your/my belief, or lack thereof.

When I realized this, I "relaxed":

1. In general, the problem is not that people reject truth –they are not rejecting truth. They are rejecting "someone else’s truth." They are rejecting some else’s right to decide what is "right and wrong." They want to be the authority. They want to be the ones who decide what is "right and wrong", and what isn’t. This applies to both the issue of biblical final authority, and specifically here, the biblical command to rightly divide this Holy Bible per 2 Timothy 2:15. Your "I don't believe dispensationalism is true...it is a false doctrine" may be a legitimate conclusion, if it is based on scripture's testimony. However, remember, your unbelief in it in no way invalidates it, and you are commanded, per Acts 17:11 to search the scriptures to consider the matter, fot it is your final authority.

2. My responsibility is to be faithful, not successful, to "show" you the mystery(Eph. 3:9), and the truth of right division,to communicate it to you, and not to convict you. Success and conviction is the Holy Spirit's responsibility.

3.None of us needs to defend God, nor the Holy Bible, nor the principle of right division. I stress the word "needs". The LORD God "needs" absolutely nothing from any one of us! He has "gotten along quite well" without us(and especially me) for all these years! And who ever needed to really defend a lion? You just "let him loose"! For this reason, I should never become heated in any exchange. I should "relax." We might disagree, but God does not need us, me,to act like the last bastion of truth. So all of us should have the attitude of "relax", "feel free to tell me where I am incorrect", because (all other things down here being equal), we should not scream in reply.

I am guiltier than most in my posts of "screaming" in pride, and especially most recently. And I want to publicly apologize to Eph3Nine, in light of my most recent "tantrum" on the KJB thread. Although I make no apology for the "doctrinal content" of what I wrote, my manner of presenting my argument was deplorable, uncalled for, and she, being one the most "faithful...teach(ers)..."(2 Timothy 2:2) of this Holy Bible rightly divided, a "witness" of this Holy Bible rightly divided, did not deserve my "kindergarten act." I not only "ripped" Colossians 4:6 right out of the Holy Bible, I "ripped" into her. For this, I am ashamed, and apologize. But I hope(biblically, hope means "confident expectation"), and am confident that she knows, because fellow believers do know each other, that my motivation was/is driven by a love for this great "Book", a love that is "hopefully" passionate enough that I would die defending its integrity. Additionally, I am confident that she and I both "...speak the same thing..."(1 Cor. 1:10) as it pertains to the charge, not suggestion, to "...approve things that are excellent...(literally, "test things that are different). Regardless, I provided my reasons/motivation, but there was no excuse for my actions towards Eph3Nine. I am commanded "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God"(1 Cor.10:31), and I brought shame. Kids sometimes(most of the time) act immature. And I am "in need of a spankin'"

4. Xenia: I provide the following, in hopes that you will "see" the "things that differ." "Test" them, and "check them out". Paul, who wrote most of the NT, tells us in Acts 17:11 not to "take his word for it", but to "chech him out" in the Book! This is what convinced me of the truth of a dispensational approach. Again, I am not responsible for you "seeing" it- I am merely charged with communicating it to you.

How/ Why you became a "Dispensationalist
By John M. Whalen

When I discovered that the gospel that saved me, the gospel of Christ, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, was never preached by the Lord Jesus Christ, nor the disciples, as a basis for justification, in Matthew-John. The LORD God showed me the yes, the conflicting doctrines within the Holy Bible, which are cleared up by right division. When I was first introduced to 2 Timothy 2:15, I compiled a list of these conflicting doctrines/instructions, The below are a few samples of these differences, which do not even address the "Big Picture", i.e., the main division in the Holy Bible, i.e., the prophetic program vs. the mystery program. I provide merely to stress what "moved me" towards the "seeing" plea of Paul in Ephesians 3:9.

"seek ye first the kingdom of God" Mt. 6:33, Luke 12:31: To seek for something, by definition, means to look for it. One would not be seeking the kingdom of God unless one was not presently in it.
vs.
Col. 1:12,13; 1 Thes. 2:12; Eph. 3:20, 2:6 Philippians 3:20: We are already counted as citizens of heaven, although it's manifestation is not yet present. 2 Cor. 5:20: An ambassador represents his "boss" in a foreign country; citizenship in that country(heaven) is a prerequisite to ambassadorship.

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Mt. 19:28, Luke 22:30, Rev. 21:14
"And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city." Isaiah 1:26
vs.
"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?" 1 Cor. 6:2,3

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne
"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21
vs.
God the Father's throne
"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:." Eph. 1:3
"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Eph. 2:6

=Members of the Body of Christ will with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies upon God the Father's throne, but kingdom members will sit upon the Lord Jesus Christ's throne on earth.

"But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel." Exodus 11:7
"... I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people." Lev. 20:24
"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth." Deut. 7:6
vs.
"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:12
"Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all." Col. 3:11
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

Forgiveness: Mt. 6:12-15, 18:32-35; Mk. 11:25,26; Luke 6:37, 11:4, 17:3; James 5:14,15; 2 Chron. 7:14=conditional
vs.
2 Cor. 5:19; Eph. 1:7, 4:31,32; Col. 1:14, 2:13, 3:13,14; Romans 4:5-8=unconditional

"For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end..." Hebrews 3:14
vs.
"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones." Eph. 5:30; Romans 12:5; 1 Cor. 6:15, 12:12, 27; Col. 1:12-14

sell all/foresake all/leave all: command given- Mt. 19:21; Mk. 10: 21;Luke 12:33, 18:22/command obeyed-Mt. 19:27; Mk. 10:28; Luke 5:11, 18:28; Acts 2:44,45, 4:32, 34(after Calvary)/penalty for disobedience-death Acts 5:1-11
principle: "... all things common..."- Acts 2:44, 4:32-34, 3:6 The Lord Jesus Christ promised that His Father would provide everything during the apostle's/disciple's ministry, both prior to and after Calvary.
vs.
principle: private enterprise-"....every man according to his ability...." Acts 11:29
(The Lord Jesus Christ promised that His Father would provide everything during the apostle's/disciple's ministry, both prior to and after Calvary. Notice the change: from "having favour with all the people"(Acts 2:47), to "there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem"(Acts 8:1), and relief is sent to the poor saints(Acts 11:29, 1 Cor. 16:1-3))

(continued)

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Part 2:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things......But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2"20.27

"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Jer. 31:34
(see also Mt. 10:19; Mk. 13:11; Luke 12:11,12, 21:14,15; John 16:13).
vs.
"Study...." 2 Timothy 2:15; Col. 2:7, 3:16; Titus 1:9; 1 Tim. 2:7, 1:3; 2 Tim. 1:11; Gal. 6:6

"Bringing in" my previous post re. The Holy Spirit at the Jewish feast day, Pentecost:

The one hundred twenty disciples in the Upper Room had, of course, been much like any other group of believers in history. They had not all been equally spiritual or devoted, or faithful. Some had been more so than others, and where some had excelled in one virtue, others had excelled in another. Yet now they were all FILLED with the Spirit, from the least to the greatest of them.

The thoughtful student of Scripture will, of course, ask why all these believers were now filled with the Holy Spirit. . Was it, perhaps, because they, as a group, had been more godly than those before them? The gospel records prove that this is not so. Peter boasted, Thomas doubted, James and John sought personal gain, and when our Lord was taken prisoner, "they all forsook Him and fled." Was it then because they had prayed long enough or earnestly enough for the Spirit to come upon them and take control? No; they had been instructed to go to Jerusalem, not to pray for the Holy Spirit to come, as some suppose, but to "wait for the [fulfillment of the] promise" regarding the Spirit (Acts 1: 4,5) -- and right here is the answer to our question.

The believers at Pentecost were filled with the Holy Spirit, not because they had prayed long or earnestly enough for the Spirit to some, but because the time had arrived for the fulfillment of the divine promise. The Old Testament prophets and the Lord Jesus had promised that the Holy Spirit should some day come to take control of God's people-part of the promise of the New Covenant was that the Jews would be given a new heart, and a new spirit:

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:33

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: NEITHER SHALL THEY WALK ANY MORE AFTER THE IMAGINATION OF THEIR EVIL HEART." Jeremiah 3:17

"Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: THAT THEY MAY WALK IN MY STATUTES, AND KEEP MINE ORDINANCES, AND DO THEM: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 11:17-20

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." Ezek.36:26,27,

And that day had come. They were filled with the Spirit because God, according to His promise, had baptized them with the Spirit (Acts 1:5).

The believers at Pentecost "were all filled with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:4), but the Apostle Paul never anywhere says that all the members of the Body of Christ are filled with the Holy Spirit. It is surely clear from the record that the Corinthians and the Galatians, for example, were not filled with the Spirit, for Paul's letters to these churches contain much of rebuke and correction. And it is also evident that believers today are not -- even the best of them -- wholly filled with the Spirit. The filling with the Spirit is now a goal, an attainment, which the Apostle, by inspiration, sets before us. We are not all filled with the Spirit as a matter of fact, as were the Pentecostal believers. While the Spirit does indeed dwell within us by God's grace, we must daily appropriate His help by faith.

Hence the Apostle now exhorts believers: "Be filled with the Spirit" (Eph. 5:18) just as he exhorts them and prays for them, that they may be "filled with the fruits of righteousness" (Phil. 1:11); "filled with the knowledge of His will" (Col. 1:9); "filled with all the fulness of God" (Eph. 3:19), yet none of us have been filled with any of these.
The reason why we are not automatically filled with the Spirit is another matter, but let the reader not fail to first recognize the fact that while the believers gathered in the upper room at Pentecost were all filled with the Spirit, the believers under Paul, and since that time, have not all been filled with the Spirit. Moreover, while it is distinctly stated, again and again, that the Pentecostal believers were, or were to be, baptized with the Spirit, not once does Paul in his epistles teach that members of the Body of Christ'are baptized with or in the Spirit.(BY is not WITH) Instead he exhorts them to appropriate God's grace by faith so that they may be filled with the Spirit.

vs.(again)
"Study...." 2 Timothy 2:15; Col. 2:7, 3:16; Titus 1:9; 1 Tim. 2:7, 1:3; 2 Tim. 1:11; Gal. 6:6

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Mt. 24:13
vs.
"Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 1:8

Instructions for the sick: Acts 19:11,12; James 5:14,15
vs.
Instructions for the sick: 2 Cor. 12:9, 10, 11:30, 12:5; 1 Timothy 5:23

"Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne..." Acts 2:30
vs.
"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." Romans 4:25

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." John 15:13,14
vs.
"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly........For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Romans 5:6-10.

"....give his life a ransom for many." Mt. 20:28, Mark 10:45
vs.
"Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." 1 Tim. 2:6

The kingdom: set up suddenly, violently by force: Daniel 2:44; Jer. 33:15; Mt. 11:12, 24:27; Mal. 3:1; Is. 11:4, 19:1; John 6:15; Revelation/a literal, eternal kingdom, in which location is earth: Deut. 11:21........(to many references)/eartthly kingdom promised only to Israel: 2 Sam. 7:12-16; Jer. 30:4-12; Luke 1:32, 12:32; Mt. 21:43, 25:34; Acts 3:19-21-"That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth." Deut. 11:21/prepared from the foundation of the world: Mt. 13:35, 25:34; Luke 11:50, and spoken about since the world began: Luke 1:68-70; Acts 3:21-24/Jesus Christ is "King of the Jews". "King of Israel"(too many references)/waiting for a kingdom: Hebrews 12:28/ believers' relationship: king-subject-servant/an outward, earthly, political organization to be set up/ushering in of the kingdom will be preceded by wrath and tribulation(too many references)/"having received the kingdom"(Luke 19:15), enter into the kingdom of heaven"(Mt. 18:3), "inherit the kingdom"(Mt. 25:34)
vs.
The church, the body of Christ: is being built up gradually- a process: 1 Cor. 3:9-11; Col. 2:7; Eph. 2:20-22/location is heavenly places: Eph. 1:3,10,20, 2:6; Philiippians 1:3,20; Col. 1:5, 3:1-4; 2 Cor. 5:20; 1 Cor. 6:3/chosen in Him before the foundation of the world: Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9; 1 Cor. 2:7, and kept secret, hidden, since the world began: Romans 16:25; Eph. 3:5,9; Col. 1:26; 1 Cor. 2:7/ called: a house- 1 Tim. 3:15, a temple-1 Cor. 3:16,17, 6:19; Eph. 2:22; a building-1 Cor. 3:9; but never called a kingdom/Jesus Christ is "the head of the body": Eph. 1:22, 4:15, 5:23; Col. 1:18, 2:19/looking "for that blessed hope": Titus 2:13; 1 Thes. 1:10, 2:19; Romans 8:11,23; /believers' relationship:head/member: Romans 12:4,5; 1 Cor. 6:15, 12:12-27; Eph. 4:25, 5:30-32=a joint union /an invisible, spiritual organism to be "caught up"/members of the body of Christ have been delivered from the wrath to come: Romans 5:9; 1 Thes. 1:10, 4:13-5:11; Gal. 1:4/no such language as "receive the church", "enter the church", "inherit the church"...

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams..." Acts 2:17
vs.
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." 2 Tim. 3:1-5
Israel receives the entire kingdom program through the disposition of angels: Deut. 33:2; Psalms 68:17; Acts 7:53; Gal. 3:19; Luke 1:19,20; Acts 1:10,11; Hebrews 2:2/John receives the Apocalypse through the administration of an angel: Rev. 1:1
vs.
The body of Christ judges( in the sense of administration) the angelic realm: 1 Cor. 6:3/The body of Christ is seated equally with the Lord Jesus Christ=has authority over the angelic realm: Eph. 1:20, 23, 2:6; Philippians 3:20/The body of Christ has a teaching ministry to the angels: Eph. 3:10
"Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me." Psalms 51:11
"But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him." 1 Samuel 16:14
vs.
Ephesians 4:30, 1:13, 2:22; 1 Cor. 3:16, 6:19; 2 Cor. 1:22; Rom. 8:15; Gal. 4:6

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:8
vs.
" And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people..." Rev. 14:6

The list goes on and on and on and..........

In Christ,
John M. Whalen

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem with the Grace Movement (Mid-Acts Dispensationalist) is how many of them present their views and theology. The most common way it seems is that many simply throw Pauline theology/doctrine in the face of others and demand that they accept it, if they don't, an enemy that person has become. It's abominable and execrable way of evangelzing: Paul never presented himself in such a way to believers.

I did not come to believe in the Mid-Acts position because someone argued me into believing it, but simply that I found all other positions I studied lacking. If someone from the Mid-Acts movement would have confronted me and started calling me an enemy of the gospel, and started saying I simply did understand scripture, or said I took mans word of over God’s, I would have done what many do in that situation, stopped listening to that person. Not because I was an ignorant person, but that person who presented it to me did it in an ignorant way. But glory be to God I did not have that stumbling block in my way as many of you do!

I won’t be posting much for the next couple months as I wish to finish my commentary on time. I pray that those who have signed up for the free copy will come to the same conclusions that I have; not by being called names, or by being backed against a wall, but by seeing that Pauline Dispensationalism is Biblical and the verses that support it are within context (every NT verse is commented on in the Mid-Acts Bible), and that the doctrine of Sovereign Grace (Calvinism) is compatible with Dispensationalism.

In the meantime, take care! I’m sure I’ll have a post here and there.

TSM
http://www.midactsbible.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mr. Whalen, you said...

Absolute certainty about something, or someone, is no assurance that you believe the truth. You can believe something with "all your heart", be "sincere", and yet be absolutely wrong.

This is what I say to you.

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
xenia said:
Mr. Whalen, you said...

This is what I say to you.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof.
O God, enlarge within us the sense of fellowship with all living things, our brothers the animals to whom Thou gavest the earth as their home in common with us. We remember with shame that in the past we have exercised the high dominion of man with ruthless cruelty so that the voice of the earth, which should have gone up to Thee in song has been a groan of travail.
St. Basil the Great
"

You say, or "St. Basil the Great" says?

"Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?" Psalms 77:13

"But I say unto you...."(Matthew 5:22...............)

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,..." Acts 17:2

"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11

"Search the scriptures...." John 5:39

"....what saith the scripture?"Romans 4:3, Galatians 4:30.........

In Christ,
Saint John M. Whalen

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am guiltier than most in my posts of "screaming" in pride, and especially most recently. And I want to publicly apologize to Eph3Nine, in light of my most recent "tantrum" on the KJB thread. Although I make no apology for the "doctrinal content" of what I wrote, my manner of presenting my argument was deplorable, uncalled for, and she, being one the most "faithful...teach(ers)..."(2 Timothy 2:2) of this Holy Bible rightly divided, a "witness" of this Holy Bible rightly divided, did not deserve my "kindergarten act." I not only "ripped" Colossians 4:6 right out of the Holy Bible, I "ripped" into her. For this, I am ashamed, and apologize. But I hope(biblically, hope means "confident expectation"), and am confident that she knows, because fellow believers do know each other, that my motivation was/is driven by a love for this great "Book", a love that is "hopefully" passionate enough that I would die defending its integrity. Additionally, I am confident that she and I both "...speak the same thing..."(1 Cor. 1:10) as it pertains to the charge, not suggestion, to "...approve things that are excellent...(literally, "test things that are different). Regardless, I provided my reasons/motivation, but there was no excuse for my actions towards Eph3Nine. I am commanded "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God"(1 Cor.10:31), and I brought shame. Kids sometimes(most of the time) act immature. And I am "in need of a spankin'"

I was very touched by your statements. I recognize who you are IN CHRIST, and you dont need any spankin. We all want folks to SEE what IS the fellowship of the Mystery, and I do understand your devotion to Gods Word and the right dividing OF it. I love you, John. Your words made me cry...not many, unfortunately, not even myself, admit when we have crossed the line into being what we dont want to be in presenting the message we love. What you and I share is a love for truth and a desire for ALL to SEE it. Our job is to present it to the best of our ability and to leave the results with HIM.

Thank you for being an example of humility and a love of God over a love of reputation. YOU are a-1 with me, brother.

Huuugs.

Now, lets get back to working toward a common goal "of making ALL men SEE what is the fellowship of the Mystery."

YEEE haw!

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
xenia said:
No fear here. Remember, I was a Dispensationalist for most of my life. And I have heard why you believe what you believe. I've read your posts here.

You were ACTS 2 in your theology for most of your life. So was I. I dont consider that to be DISPENSATIONAL, but I DO consider that belief system to be what the majority of professing christendom believes. The zinger is that they are woefully WRONG. Not in my opinion, but according to the scriptures , rightly divided.

You have never HEARD me teach on the BIG PICTURE and Gods plan to fix what has been compromised in both heaven and earth. These forums dont allow the space or time to go into that study. It is CRITICAL....so much so that I encourage you to change your mind and at least give yourself ONE forty five minute chance to actually HEAR truth presented that will change your life.

I wont bother you again....I am really very concerned about you, and for you...and I like you as a person.

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's time for Lent. I am giving up bickering on the Internet for Lent (and maybe forever if God does a good work in my heart) so I won't be seeing you for many weeks.

God bless you, Eph. You are a dear person.

Love,
Xenia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.