✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
scootermom said:
Don did cover my gray, but for the past 4 years, he's been in too poor health. Wish I could a afford a professional highlight. oh, well, i have very little hair anyway. Most of my silver is in the front. It's so thin, I've seriously considered sharving it off and buying a nice wig like cancer patients wear. I'm not quite there tho', emotionally. I have female pattern baldness. I'm afraid a wig would bother me, then I'd go around the house with my shaved head.
The hairdresser laughed when I went in and asked for a perm. I go over it with a No. 2, it's due for another now.

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Macca said:
I go over it with a No. 2, it's due for another now.

Maybe I'm afraid of commitment, but I only use No. 2 semi-permanent color, too. (I can't imagine getting a tattoo when I only use No. 2 hair color!)

Seeing my "youthful" hair color when I look in the mirror seems to have a psychological effect on me: look young and healthy-->feel young and healthy. I think it's also symbolic of taking time to do something for myself--the "I'm worth it" feeling. Right now, as a caregiver, it seems to help.

I had a doctor whose perception of my health seemed to change when I colored my hair. When it was greying, she talked about how I was getting older and should expect "aging" problems. :cry: A few weeks later, after I had colored my hair, she talked about how I was still young! :clap:

Upvote 0
T

theresalyn

scootermom said:
Don did cover my gray, but for the past 4 years, he's been in too poor health. Wish I could a afford a professional highlight. oh, well, i have very little hair anyway. Most of my silver is in the front. It's so thin, I've seriously considered sharving it off and buying a nice wig like cancer patients wear. I'm not quite there tho', emotionally. I have female pattern baldness. I'm afraid a wig would bother me, then I'd go around the house with my shaved head.

maybe you should shave it off, scootermom! you can wear a hat. girl, i wear hats all the time and i have too much hair. my favorite is what my kids call my turtle hat, because it's green and looks kind of the shape of a turtle. it's my trademark. :)
or you could wear a scarf, like back when we were kids and our mom's cleaned the house, like lucy wore. i do that, too. here on the island it is so acceptable to wear some kind of 'do-rag' on your head. keeps the sun off, too.
i say be unique. when i get really old, i'm gonna color my hair blue and purple, on alternating weeks. i might not even wait till i get that old. i might do it next week.
on my days off.
:)
'you know you're getting old when...'
you strive to be as unique as you were when you were young!

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟122,197.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Lipstick always went into the lines of my lips. When I smiled, my lips looked stripped, so I stopped wearing it. Also won't wear foundation because I've seen women who don't blend it in well. I think that looks tackier than no makeup. With my poor coordination, I always worrried that I wouldn't get it blended and my face would be a different shade than my neck.

I wish I liked hats; then my scalp wouldn't get burnt. My head bobbs; perhaps that';'s why hats annoy me.

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
scootermom said:
Rub it in, Wildwood, that you date.

:clap: LOL
That was 1995! I'm a 24/7 caregiver for my 89-year-old mom, now, so we'd have to take her with us. Although... she would make the perfect chaperone, since she has dementia and wouldn't remember anything.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wildwood said:
:clap: LOL
That was 1995! I'm a 24/7 caregiver for my 89-year-old mom, now, so we'd have to take her with us. Although... she would make the perfect chaperone, since she has dementia and wouldn't remember anything.;)
^_^ You have a wonderful sense of humor, you and your mother are so very blessed to have one another.:)

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
theresalyn said:
you can wear a hat. girl, i wear hats all the time and i have too much hair. my favorite is what my kids call my turtle hat, because it's green and looks kind of the shape of a turtle. it's my trademark.

Thanks for the great idea! :idea: I only had time to wash my mom's hair and didn't get it curled. This morning I wanted to take her grocery shopping, and I thought of your idea of a hat. (Even though she has dementia, she still likes to look nice!) So, I found my Easter hat (straw with some flowers), and she like it! And, it kept the sun off her head (I usually take an umbrella for shade--I call it her "parasol").

Thanks ladies! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
You know you're getting old... when you have to look at the newspaper to figure out what day of the week it is!

Assuming I'm looking at today's paper--it's Wednesday!

Yippee! I thought it was Thursday, and I didn't have much to show for this week. But it's only Wednesday! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
miggles said:
When you look at this pic of the Rolling Stones: :D
A friend of mine told me the Rolling Stones will never stop putting on concerts.:cool: They'll be hobbling around on stage someday with their walkers. Picture it!^_^

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
keeptrying said:
A friend of mine told me the Rolling Stones will never stop putting on concerts.:cool: They'll be hobbling around on stage someday with their walkers. Picture it!^_^

Keep, I am :D because of your words above..."Picture it!" Reminds me of Sophia on Golden Girls when she gets ready to tell a story about her days back in Italy.

:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.