United States
✟9,628.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. When i was young and could not play any sports my friends could, yet could pwn them all our favorite game.

2. When I lead a World of Warcraft raid, complelty oblivous to the fact to how long things were going until we ended and i saw it was 3 am... making even more geekish is that we started at 3pm.

3. I refer to my quitting wow as "Retirement" form it.

4. I realize that a certian wow guildy was on my list of best friends a few weeks after retirement.

5. To more modern things... I can hold long discusions with other Zelda fans about continuity, timelines, and theroys of hyrule.

6. The only ringtones i have downloaded are Super Mario Brothers, and Saris Song.
7. My only summer goal is to finish The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.

8. I have a youtube account with nothing but video game videos on it.

Despite that I am not a geek... oh no...
:sigh:Geeks are smart:sigh:

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You know you're a geek/nerd when:

-You can explain, in detail, the "mythology" of the X-Files.

-You spend hours upon hours hypothesizing the theories of time travel and philosophy in LOST.

- Your favorite board game is Axis and Allies.

- You get into heated arguments with your friends about Star Trek, Star Wars and Battlestar Gallactica.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,019,733.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Gather 'round, my fellow geeks! Are you into computers, history, chess, classical music? What signs did you first have that you really may be...a GEEK? :clap:

I knew I was a geek when...

I started reading my thesaurus just for fun.

I went to Wikipedia and just kept linking from article to article and couldn't stop reading.

I realized that I had more classical/opera CD's than anything else.

I realized that I only watch channels like Animal Planet and Discovery.

What about you? :)
When I was in elementary school, and had to do silent reading for homwork, I used the dictionary sometimes. :D

Upvote 0

Coptic.Ray

Alexandrian
Apr 28, 2009
Boston Ma
Visit site
✟15,285.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You know you're a geek AND nerd when:
- Your childhood fantasy job is to be a math teacher
- When you actually manage to explain your research in game theory and distributed resource management to your friends who study political science, and they understand.
- When you build a 10 feet cubical 3D virtual reality environment that costs millions of dollars.
and of course I did the thesaurus thing in high school!

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, this is fun!

I knew I was a geek when:

• In fourth grade, we had to write our first public speeches for the school competition, and mine was about the ancient Mayans. Everyone else's was about "My Family Vacation" or "Hockey" or "Why I Like Gymnastics".
  • I started reading the dictionary for fun.
  • I spent more time reading than I spent interacting with others.
  • I would come up with game strategies in my spare time.
There are a lot more things... lol. Now I embrace my geekiness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lol, I thought of another couple -

I know that I am a geek because when I was in second grade, we had to make a diarama for school, and I made the bridge of the Enterprise.
And I know that I am a geek now because my cellphone ringtone is the Star Wars theme.
...And because my favourite tshirts in my wardrobe are Warcraft tshirts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I went to Wikipedia and just kept linking from article to article and couldn't stop reading.

I do this. Anything on my mind I'll look it up for hours, just because I can and have access to it.

My biggest one is:
When your writing something out and you put, "I'll be @..." I've done it, and I've seen people do it.

A friend I grew up with, she told me one day, that I was a geek back then and probably still are, but she meant it in that cute manner, I know her well enough to know this, but I really don't know why she'd say that.

Upvote 0

lostaquarium

Quite flawed
Dec 23, 2008
London
✟20,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like having the english subtitles on during a movie because I don't like missing what anyone is saying. I don't want to miss even one word. I don't know if this is geeky or just plain crazy. :p
Gosh. I do that. I thought I was the only one! ^_^

Upvote 0

lozzie

Just me...
Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I like having the english subtitles on during a movie because I don't like missing what anyone is saying. I don't want to miss even one word. I don't know if this is geeky or just plain crazy.

lostaquarium said:
Gosh. I do that. I thought I was the only one!

Oh my goodness you guys rock even more than you did a minute ago! ^_^ There's nothing crazy about that... nice to know I'm not the only one who does it :thumbsup:

* When you realise that your mispent youth making random useless webpages in html code was not something everyone did.. as you sprout knowledge of hex code to others

* When you grow up and become a librarian ;)

* When your family thinks you love your computer more than them (my sisters used to get annoyed when I wouldn't talk to them because I was in the middle of gaming... haha)

* When the first thing you do in the morning is turn on your computer :blush:

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know you're a geek/nerd when:

You not only know what Dagorhir is, you fight in it.

You're one of the two people in your circle of friends who had played DnD before college and becoming part of said circle of friends.

You've played 3 of the 4 editions of DnD, as well as at least 5 other systems.

Your friends call you to check rules on a miniatures game they have the rulebooks for at hand because you know the errata better.

You've played any tabletop RPG via IRC.

You listen to songs and see Dance Dance Revolution arrows or Guitar Hero notes.

You can make a 3.5 edition DnD character of any class and level including some of the ones from the non-core rulebooks without looking at said rulebooks and have it come out 100% correct.

You've played WoW so long you start speaking in idioms from it in real life ('WTB green light, PST', etc).

You were the one to introduce Firefly to your friends.

Your main reason for visiting Hulu is Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

You actually fulfill every one of these statements.

Yep, these are all about me. LOL. I'm a geek/nerd.

Metherion

Last edited:
Upvote 0