You Guys May Want to See this...

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do we have that Trinitarian rule in our snapshot yet? I honestly do not know if there is anything to stop a Mormon from becoming a member as the rules currently are stated.
No, there is still nothing about "Trinity" in our rules (not in the Wiki nor the snapshot). The thread/poll I started about it was "reported" and then moved to the debate area. And even though the report thread seemed to indicate that it was going to be moved back into the main area, no one has ever moved it back. So it stays ignored ever since in the debate area, and no one is currently doing anything about the issue.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, there is still nothing about "Trinity" in our rules. The thread/poll I started about it was "reported" and then moved to the debate area. And even though the report thread seemed to indicate that it was going to be moved back into the main area, no one has ever moved it back. So it stays ignored ever since in the debate area, and no one is currently doing anything about the issue.

I wish you had PM'd me about that. Jim moved it and then, I told him that we couldn't move it because it was a poll. I didn't know that he hadn't moved it back.

May I move it back for you and do anything with the poll? I can extend it or whatever you think is appropriate.

Lisa

Upvote 0

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I wish you had PM'd me about that. Jim moved it and then, I told him that we couldn't move it because it was a poll. I didn't know that he hadn't moved it back.

May I move it back for you and do anything with the poll? I can extend it or whatever you think is appropriate.

Lisa
It's no longer my decision, I do not participate in making the forum rules here anymore, so it's up to you and the other members on what you're going to do.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's no longer my decision, I do not participate in making the forum rules here anymore, so it's up to you and the other members on what you're going to do.

Hi XJ,

Maybe I am missing something or just having one of those moments, but why did you choose not to participate in the rule making for your forum? Not looking to question your motives.:wave:

Upvote 0

HypnoToad

*croak*
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
✟82,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was insulted, misrepersented, and basically vilified in the "Rule Changes Protocol Poll" thread. No one apparently has a problem with that. Sure, several have asked me to still participate, but the utter lack of support there shows, among other things, that my view of how to do things is apparently not compatible with anyone else's view. Given that, it seems only appropriate that I no longer participate in rule formation.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
http://foru.ms/t6021397-lds-members-trying-to-join-other-congregational-areas.html

As a member, I would not want to see this happen here. As a mod, I believe there would be constant conflict. Do we have that Trinitarian rule in our snapshot yet? I honestly do not know if there is anything to stop a Mormon from becoming a member as the rules currently are stated.

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

This poll about adding the Trinity to our rules ends today and the voting is over 95% for it. We need to act on these results and add it to the rules.

http://foru.ms/t5993895-trinity-in-the-rules.html

I'll be happy to word it.

What does everyone think?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was insulted, misrepersented, and basically vilified in the "Rule Changes Protocol Poll" thread. No one apparently has a problem with that. Sure, several have asked me to still participate, but the utter lack of support there shows, among other things, that my view of how to do things is apparently not compatible with anyone else's view. Given that, it seems only appropriate that I no longer participate in rule formation.

Hey XJ,

I understand your frustration. The challenge to make rules for this forum is that we are such a diverse group and really only a few participate. Every member's voice needs to be heard.

Maybe what we really need is to begin all of our rules discussions with prayer and keep the discussions with our differences in mind.

I am going to ask you to please participate. Lets put the past behind us and move forward to make this forum a place of loving fellowship.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Well, I have had similar experiences, but you know what I started doing? I started telling people that I was not going to apologize for using the gifts that God gave me. So, to me, Xian. You have a choice. You can use your gifts of organization and leadership for the glory of God regardless of how it is received, or you can let other people persuade you to not use your gifts.

I, for one, think this forum needs you.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't see what happened, bro, but I know that every single member of this forum is very valued and necessary. We really do seem to be collectively building something quite inter-denominational and special, and your organisational disposition is a big part of what's making this an increasingly wonderful forum.

Things are up in the air, still, because we're still finding our feetsies, and all the rules are slightly crazy-making for all of us, but please don't think people aren't grateful for the work you - and Lisa, and everyone - has put into all of it. We're still learning about each other, and finding each others' boundaries and stuff. I don't think anyone meant to villify you. Really I don't. Because every single active member of this forum brings something unique to the party, and there'd be a gap if anyone dropped out. So I really really hope you'll participate in rulesy stuff again :hug:

Hey Lisa,

This poll about adding the Trinity to our rules ends today and the voting is over 95% for it. We need to act on these results and add it to the rules.

http://foru.ms/t5993895-trinity-in-the-rules.html

I'll be happy to word it.

What does everyone think?
Yah, Hen, you word things superly :clap: I agree this needs doing quite quickly... LDS and JWs should feel welcome here to fellowship, but it needs to be absolutely clear that we do not support the LDS and JW doctrines. If that makes us the "bad guys", so be it.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Poll ends in 4 minutes. If I read MNPhysicist's protocol correctly, I may open the Rules at the request of the members, but I am not allowed to make the changes myself. Then, I can close them again at membership request.

Lisa

Upvote 0