You can't worship Jesus, and believe in evolution (Theistic Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Humans and dolphins both hear through their ears. In both cases, sound can be conducted to the ear through the jaw or the skull. It's one reason your own voice sounds different to you than when you hear it recorded.

Dolphins echo-locate through their jaw. Here is the pathway...
  • The major areas of sound reception are the fat-filled cavities of the lower jaw bones. Sounds are received and conducted through the lower jaw to the middle ear, inner ear, and then to hearing centers in the brain via the auditory nerve. ref

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm claiming that if I have a new and better mutation, then by definition my mate's version of the same gene will not be selected over mine. "Selected" means "favored by natural selection", which won't happen if her variant confers less fitness than mine. In any case, my mate and I each pass exactly one copy of a gene to our offspring, so I don't see what selection has to do with it.

Really? Tell that to the runt of the litter.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to really be stretching the point. The point is dolphin echo-location systems are nothing like the way humans hear.
My point is that dolphin echo-location is based on fairly simple modifications to the standard mammalian hearing apparatus. It's not stretching the point at all: as soon as mammals are in the water, they're automatically hearing sounds conducted through their bones; that's not a novelty at all.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point is that dolphin echo-location is based on fairly simple modifications to the standard mammalian hearing apparatus. It's not stretching the point at all: as soon as mammals are in the water, they're automatically hearing sounds conducted through their bones; that's not a novelty at all.

The formation of the oiley melon that focuses the clicks is a simple modification?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess to get back on track with the thread. I figured that we really do not know how long the earth was formless and empty. We don't know the time gap between gen 1:1 and gen 1:2 and I don't see any point in trying to find any ratio between God days and people days. Now think about it....we measure a day as 24 hours. We get 24 hours based on the time required for the earth to make one full rotation about its axis and we use the sun to measure it. How long was a day when the sun, moon, and stars were not made until the third day? God is eternal. What is time in relation to eternity? What is there to reference time in the realm of eternity? We use the birth of Christ as a reference for the years. If you ask God what year is it in his heavenly kingdom what would he say? The point that I am trying to make is that perhaps the use of days in regards to creation is not used to determine duration but rather sequence. Can creatures change and adapt over an extended period of time? I would have to say of course. We do it with dogs. Through selective breeding we have hundreds of dog breeds. If man can do it why not nature? So really how long was the earth and animals been on the earth before the creation of man?

Upvote 0

Lukamu

Aug 13, 2015
Rural United States
✟11,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess to get back on track with the thread. I figured that we really do not know how long the earth was formless and empty. We don't know the time gap between gen 1:1 and gen 1:2 and I don't see any point in trying to find any ratio between God days and people days. Now think about it....we measure a day as 24 hours. We get 24 hours based on the time required for the earth to make one full rotation about its axis and we use the sun to measure it. How long was a day when the sun, moon, and stars were not made until the third day? God is eternal. What is time in relation to eternity? What is there to reference time in the realm of eternity? We use the birth of Christ as a reference for the years. If you ask God what year is it in his heavenly kingdom what would he say? The point that I am trying to make is that perhaps the use of days in regards to creation is not used to determine duration but rather sequence. Can creatures change and adapt over an extended period of time? I would have to say of course. We do it with dogs. Through selective breeding we have hundreds of dog breeds. If man can do it why not nature? So really how long was the earth and animals been on the earth before the creation of man?
We can mix two breeds of dogs to createa new breed, but no one has ever mixed two breeds of dogs togethrr and created a cat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lukamu

Aug 13, 2015
Rural United States
✟11,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or perhaps a dog who looks like a cat.
Tell that to the wolf in sheeps clothing - it looks like a sheep so it must be a sheep. But you have not addressed my concern; dogs have never been breeded together to create an animal that is not a dog.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tell that to the wolf in sheeps clothing - it looks like a sheep so it must be a sheep. But you have not addressed my concern; dogs have never been breeded together to create an animal that is not a dog.
What would you expect it to produce?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What would you expect it to produce?
fc068722e2bb7a537302dbb9e356f3b3.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lukamu

Aug 13, 2015
Rural United States
✟11,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good. So would I. So why are you concerned that they've failed to produce anything other than dogs?
Ask jason_delisle. He thinks that breeding dogs to create a new breed is good enough evidence to argue for the theory of evolution.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many days do the ten commandments say it took to create?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.