Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What is it that you fear?
When the truth is avoided, and the lies are substituted for the truth,
as today,
it is not healthy for anyone to do, and may and has caused little ones to sin/ stumble/ even to the point of destruction.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not quite.
Meditation is not the "thoughts of the heart." When you meditate, you seek to clear your mind of all thoughts and focus on nothing.

There are many forms of mediation.

You focus on your own breath or even God's presence in the here and now.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Martial arts have an occult component. I've shunned a lot of stuff that is questionable over the decades. I can promise you that I'm not a failure. That's because Jesus is my life. I avoid things that hinder my walk with Him. I don't fear darkness. I bring the Light everywhere I go. His name is Jesus!

Homeopathy is bad news also. Food is a different issue. It's only wrong if used in religious ceremonies.

If it helps you to stay away from things that make you uncomfortable, then you should do it. That's your personal choice. But don't condemn others because they found what works for them. Modern yoga practiced in western society for physical and mental fitness has nothing to do with eastern religions. If you don't have any biblical basis for rejecting it, then don't expect others to do so. You're just alienating groups of believers and potential believers for no reason.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When the truth is avoided, and the lies are substituted for the truth,
as today,
it is not healthy for anyone to do, and may and has caused little ones to sin/ stumble/ even to the point of destruction.

What lies are you referring to?

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do not use anything from the East, West, North or South that is opposed to Yahweh,
or in any way contrary to His Word.

You might have studied some mumbo jumbo from the East, like yoga, but it remains sinful.

You might look into the truth, the natural healing as known for centuries, natural health as taught by Yahweh , HIS WAY, without mumbo jumbo from any other source.

Why kick against Him ?

Give me an example of something you use for healing that is not "mumbo jumbo."

You have no biblical basis for rejecting things like yoga. There's no demonic or pagan ties to the yoga we use to maintain physical and mental health. You can't get much more natural than that.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Modern society, with or without meditation, is death dealing, according to all Scripture.

Again, where do you get a biblical basis for that? We are supposed to live in this world. We aren't supposed to avoid everything in this world. People will see Jesus through our love. If we cloud that with hate, then we will lead people astray.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Thus already being subject to the prince of the power of the air, the devil...

CONTRARY to all God's Word.

There's no self control for instance, i what you have described - and it shows instead an openness to and already accomplished deception...

None of what you just wrote has anything to do with clearing your mind. How is that unbiblical?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Again, where do you get a biblical basis for that? We are supposed to live in this world. We aren't supposed to avoid everything in this world. People will see Jesus through our love. If we cloud that with hate, then we will lead people astray.
People do not see Jesus in most other people. The love of people has grown cold, remember? (it is written).

The Biblical basis is what the Bible says.

Key words : Galatians, pernicious

In harmony with all Scripture.

Jesus LIVED in the world, but was not of the world.
We as His follows are to do the same.
We are supposed to do , all the time, as the Father says to do. NOT what the world or false religions say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus cleans a mind / spirit of man/ , is it as clean as it can get ? Can man do any better ?

God gave us tools to aid in clearing our mind. He doesn't do the work for us. He enables us to do it. It is foolish to sit and wait for God to do everything for us. He is not a genie.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
People do not see Jesus in most other people. The love of people has grown cold, remember? (it is written).

The Biblical basis is what the Bible says.

Key words : Galatians, pernicious

In harmony with all Scripture.

Jesus LIVED in the world, but was not of the world.
We as His follows are to do the same.
We are supposed to do , all the time, as the Father says to do. NOT what the world or false religions say.

Again, the yoga we practice has nothing to do with a religion.

Jesus did not avoid any place. He went everywhere so that he could meet sinners where they were. We are to follow that example.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Again, the yoga we practice has nothing to do with a religion.

Jesus did not avoid any place. He went everywhere so that he could meet sinners where they were. We are to follow that example.
Forgetting that Jesus only went where the Father directed Him?
Remember
the Apostles, the messengers of Yahweh, sought to go to asia, and God Prevented them ?

Again, the devil loves it when people think he does not exist. (as if yoga was not a religion)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God gave us tools to aid in clearing our mind. He doesn't do the work for us. He enables us to do it. It is foolish to sit and wait for God to do everything for us. He is not a genie.
You did not even answer the simple question: can Jesus clean a person's mind/ spirit better than a man can ?
No matter - what is impossible for man, is easy for God. (man is unable to do what is needed).

No matter - what if a man gets a clean mind/ a clean spirit ?

Then what ?

Matthew 12:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives,

it finds the house unoccupied,

swept clean

and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.

That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You did not even answer the simple question: can Jesus clean a person's mind/ spirit better than a man can ?
No matter - what is impossible for man, is easy for God. (man is unable to do what is needed).

No matter - what if a man gets a clean mind/ a clean spirit ?

Then what ?

Matthew 12:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives,

it finds the house unoccupied,

swept clean

and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.

That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

I did answer your question. God gives us methods to clear our mind. He's not going to do everything for us. Instead, He gives us the tools to do it.

Your verses regard possession by spirits. That has nothing to do with clearing your mind or yoga.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The truth is that anything can be dangerous, even forms of Christianity, even interpretations of the Bible. The question is, how do we best discern right from wrong? Good from evil?

We trust that God will not lead us into temptation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your verses regard possession by spirits. That has nothing to do with clearing your mind or yoga.
The meaning was not about the unclean spirits (at first),

but about having an empty mind (that you said).

Spirits love finding an empty mind.....

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Forgetting that Jesus only went where the Father directed Him?
Remember
the Apostles, the messengers of Yahweh, sought to go to asia, and God Prevented them ?

Again, the devil loves it when people think he does not exist. (as if yoga was not a religion)

The devil also loves when people teach false doctrines. He loves to use that to turn people away from Christ. Yoga as we practice it is not a religion. You have to separate the two.

The apostles did go to Asia. Thomas went to India. John went to Asia (though records don't mention exactly where as far as I can find). Another source has Thomas and Phillip going to Asia Minor, which is modern day Turkey. The only biblical reference regarding an apostle going to Asia refers to Paul, not the others.

Upvote 0