Wisconsin
✟21,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
After years of conservative governor Scott Walker, my state, Wisconsin, has just elected a Democrat governor that frankly looks like the grim reaper. Anyway, I have heard recently he's wanted to raise taxes and found an article on this at https://www.chron.com/news/article/Evers-says-tax-increases-would-be-small-in-his-13688281.php
This is as predictable as snow in December. My experience is that very rarely do Democrats not want to raise taxes and I figured, when he was elected, that if Evers gets it he will want to raise them. Big surprise then that's what he's advocated. I also found out that Evers favors more restrictive guns owner measures including universal background checks, a measure Walker opposed. See this article What you need to know about where Scott Walker and Tony Evers stand on guns

Evers will, of course, probably do all he can to reverse the anti-big-union policies of Walker's administration. I heard, before he was elected, that Evers was strongly allied with the teacher's unions and this latest article underscores that.
http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2018/11/big-labor-salivating-at-prospects-of-union-friend-governor-elect-evers/

In short, Evers is who I thought he was because often liberal Democrats are who we think they are.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
After years of conservative governor Scott Walker, my state, Wisconsin, has just elected a Democrat governor that frankly looks like the grim reaper.

Apparently, the people of Wisconsin, who fired Scott Walker, figured it was time to get someone in the office capable of handling the job.

Since Evers made it clear what his plans would be, it's hardly a surprise that he'd get started on it.

Upvote 0