Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
YEMEN (Morning Star News) – On the morning of June 9 in southern Yemen, Saeed woke to the sound of screaming. He shot out of bed, pushed panicked family members aside and saw his wife stumbling out of their kitchen, engulfed in flames.

His wife, Nazeera, had been preparing breakfast at about 9 a.m. when she poured liquid from a cooking oil bottle into a hot pan. The liquid flashed, and the bottle exploded. While her four children watched, screaming, Nazeera was being burned alive.

About two weeks later, Nazeera, 33, died as a result of her burns. When Saeed returned to his home in a village (undisclosed for security reasons) after her death, a relative told him the unthinkable – members of both his family and hers had taken the vegetable oil out of the bottle and replaced it with gasoline. Saeed knew the reason – many years ago, the two had become Christians and refused to return to Islam.

Yemen Christian Burned to Death for Her Faith | Christian News Network

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not wishing to minimise a tragic story, but how do you open a bottle of cooking oil without smelling it's actually petrol?

I do not find it difficult to understand, by the time you poured the oil It would be to late, even if you smelled the gas.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not find it difficult to understand, by the time you poured the oil It would be to late, even if you smelled the gas.

Presumably she opened the bottle before she poured it?

Go open any container of petrol. You tell me how long it takes for you to smell it.

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my heart breaks for this dear family. so very sad.

i know when i cook, i open the bottle and pour... even if i were able to smell the contents when i opened it, who knows that my reflexes would be such to stop the 'oil' before it hit the pan.

Upvote 0