Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The "Je" in Greek is for the letter Y in Hebrew. I guess good intentions count for something if a person does not know any better. I would think that a person would prefer being called by their real name though.

In Greek it is Iesous, so again you are wrong...

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In case it went over your head, Y'shu is Jesus. And that is why I do not like to use the name Jesus.

Have a nice day.
I am familiar with all of this. I studied Biblical Hebrew. I am also aware of the Sacred Name Movement, which is full of confusion (mostly people who pretend to know Hebrew). I will continue to call the Messiah Jesus, and I will not feel guilty about it. Why? because He hasn't shown me that He has a problem with it.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am familiar with all of this. I studied Biblical Hebrew. I am also aware of the Sacred Name Movement, which is full of confusion (mostly people who pretend to know Hebrew). I will continue to call the Messiah Jesus, and I will not feel guilty about it. Why? because He hasn't shown me that He has a problem with it.
I do not belong to the Sacred Name Movement.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I come in the name of Yahwah.

Psalm 118:26
Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you.

Matthew 23:39
For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

Luke 13:35
Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

Besides me, have you heard any Christians say God's name is Yahwah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides me, have you heard any Christians say God's name is Yahwah?
You cannot be certain it is Yahwah. At best, you are guessing that that is the correct pronunciation.

The name of God (transliterated) is YHWH, otherwise known as the tetragrammaton. Some groups say YHVH, but from what I have learned, the vav is a modern thing.

By the way, most people would say Yahweh.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You cannot be certain it is Yahwah. At best, you are guessing that that is the correct pronunciation.

The name of God (transliterated) is YHWH, otherwise known as the tetragrammaton. Some groups say YHVH, but from what I have learned, the vav is a modern thing.

By the way, most people would say Yahweh.
The Hebrew language did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD. All scholars agree that the first name of God is Yah. There is the word Wah in Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic, but there is no Weh. There is no middle vowel between Yah and Wah, that would be one vowel to many. Originally the vowels (Sounds) were A I O U. Biblical Hebrew is not the same as Mishnaic Hebrew or Masoretic Hebrew. The Proto-Hebrew vowel system is reconstructed as /a aː oː i iː u uː/ (and possibly rare */eː/).

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Hebrew language did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD. All scholars agree that the first name of God is Yah. There is the word Wah in Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic, but there is no Weh. There is no middle vowel between Yah and Wah, that would be one vowel to many. Originally the vowels (Sounds) were A I O U. Biblical Hebrew is not the same as Mishnaic Hebrew or Masoretic Hebrew. The Proto-Hebrew vowel system is reconstructed as /a aː oː i iː u uː/ (and possibly rare */eː/).
There is no proof that Yahwah is the correct pronunciation of YHWH. You are merely guessing that it is so; and because there is no proof, you can't be absolutely sure you are using the correct name for God. If you have proof, then show it to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is no proof that Yahwah is the correct pronunciation of YHWH. You are merely guessing that it is so; and because there is no proof, you can't be absolutely sure you are using the correct name for God. If you have proof, then show it to us.

Photobucket

YahCapture_zps37a99887.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Keith O'Der

The Remnant of God
Sep 13, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
First of all, a Rose, by any other name, is still a Rose. Therefore, if you are calling upon Adonai, he will know what's in your heart.

However, as for the proper pronunciation of Y'shua/Jesus, in his original tongue, we have to look at the name Adonai, himself, for in Y'shua/Jesus' name, you will find God's name. When Moshe/Moses asked Adonai, "Who, shall I say, sent me?", Adonai replied, 'I AM.", which, in Hebrew, is pronounced "EH YEH". Most Jews, will tell you, God's name is not Yahweh, or Yahwah, but Yah Eh Yeh, meaning Yah (God), I AM, or I AM Yah (God).

Since Y'shua/Jesus name means, "God is Salvation", most likely Y'shua's name is actually pronounced, Yah Eh Yeh Shua, or Yahehyehshua.

[Staff edit].

Shalom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
[Staff edit].

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dishonor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
Bump.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.