Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's Yeshua: Aramaic and grafted into the Hebrew language.
Because Hebrews dropped their 'ayins', to keep from saying God's name, hence we have "y'shua." Also spelled Yeshua, for which we have in Greek, "Iēsous" and "Isus." These are corruptions of the names that begin with "Yah."

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Y’shua is Yahshua
After the return from Babylonian captivity the Jews began a practice of not speaking or writing God’s name, or His name in full. It is also known that the Galileans dropped their ayins, so as to not say God’s name. In a theophoric name even the letter yod can stand for the name Yah. Even today we use initial letters to represent a full name. Y’shua is Yahshua. The vowel between the first and last name does not belong, it is a sign for the person to say (Lord) instead of Yahwah or Yahshua.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
By not pronouncing his name correctly this piece of scripture would go unnoticed.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Yah / wah and Yah / Shua

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
Yah / Shua

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Hebrews dropped their 'ayins', to keep from saying God's name, hence we have "y'shua." Also spelled Yeshua, for which we have in Greek, "Iēsous" and "Isus." These are corruptions of the names that begin with "Yah."
What proof do you have to show God sees it as a corruption to say Yeshua?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Y’shua is Yahshua
After the return from Babylonian captivity the Jews began a practice of not speaking or writing God’s name, or His name in full. It is also known that the Galileans dropped their ayins, so as to not say God’s name. In a theophoric name even the letter yod can stand for the name Yah. Even today we use initial letters to represent a full name. Y’shua is Yahshua. The vowel between the first and last name does not belong, it is a sign for the person to say (Lord) instead of Yahwah or Yahshua.

yeshua is from yehoshua

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What proof do you have to show God sees it as a corruption to say Yeshua?

Europeanization of Hebrew
Most likely the “e” vowel became part of Hebrew between 300 AD to 600AD.
Hebrew was revived by Jewish people thinking and speaking in modern European languages.
Note on Mishnaic Hebrew
The earliest Rabbinic literature dates from the period 70-200 CE and it is written in a spoken Hebrew of the time, often called, after the most famous literary product of the time, Mishnaic Hebrew. Mishnaic Hebrew is very different from Biblical Hebrew.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since there are examples of this name in the 'OT' in Hebrew no less why try and change it for the 'NT'?
As I have mentioned before, the Rabbi's change the language. Only in Modern Hebrew is Christ name "Yeshua."

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ישׁוע / The yod alone can stand for the name Yah in a word.

Y’ shua is the short form of Yahshua. The spelling ישׁוע is a long standing Jewish tradition of not writing or pronouncing God’s name.

A theory by Christian Ginsburg that this is due to Hebrew scribes omitting the "h", changing Jeho (יְהוֹ‎) into Jo (יוֹ‎), to make the start of "Yeho-" names not sound like an attempt to pronounce the Divine Name. Theophoric name - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Europeanization of Hebrew
Most likely the “e” vowel became part of Hebrew between 300 AD to 600AD.
Hebrew was revived by Jewish people thinking and speaking in modern European languages.
Note on Mishnaic Hebrew
The earliest Rabbinic literature dates from the period 70-200 CE and it is written in a spoken Hebrew of the time, often called, after the most famous literary product of the time, Mishnaic Hebrew. Mishnaic Hebrew is very different from Biblical Hebrew.
Even if what you are saying is true, it still doesn't prove our heavenly Father sees it as offensive to call His Son Yeshua, nor is there any proof it is offensive to use the name Jesus.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Even if what you are saying is true, it still doesn't prove our heavenly Father sees it as offensive to call His Son Yeshua, nor is there any proof it is offensive to use the name Jesus.
Dishonor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Dishonor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

So now it's "Yahwah"? SMH

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dishonor His Name
I trust that God knows who I am referring to when I use the name Jesus. You are free to do what you want. Just don't try to push false guilt on people. God knows my heart. You don't.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I trust that God knows who I am referring to when I use the name Jesus. You are free to do what you want. Just don't try to push false guilt on people. God knows my heart. You don't.

Y’shu or Jesus
Some say Allah is God, others say Lucifer is God. The name Jesus was invented not very long ago.

So how important is it to call a person by their real name? The name Jesus is derived from y'shu, the letter s added at the end of (Jesu-s) is only a male gender designation in Greek. The "Je" in Greek is for the letter Y in Hebrew. I guess good intentions count for something if a person does not know any better. I would think that a person would prefer being called by their real name though.

Yahshua is his name. Pronounced: Yah / shoo / uw / ah. The "u" has a "w" sound.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. //The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Wikipedia References

Dictionary of Jewish usage: a guide to the use of Jewish terms - Page 39 Sol Steinmetz - 2005 - 207 pages - Preview A.\M,yimach shemo vezichro!. plural, yimach shemom (vezich- rom). (Literally) 'May his name and memory be blotted out!' Used after an individual's name, as in Haman yimach shemo! zichrono livrocho, plural, zichronom livrocho.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.