✟15,290.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wildthing said:
Don't sell the stuff. The value of it is more to your family then what the market is welling to pay. To get a fair idea of value try www.andersonmilitaria.com these people I have dealt with in the past and they are fair and honest.

NO! I am not interested in selling it at all. That stuff means alot to me. I was named after my grandfather and we share the same birthday. We both were in the army. NO, I would never sell that stuff. Just wondered if anyone else collects miltary gear.

Upvote 0

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
pureredwhiteblu said:
NO! I am not interested in selling it at all. That stuff means alot to me. I was named after my grandfather and we share the same birthday. We both were in the army. NO, I would never sell that stuff. Just wondered if anyone else collects miltary gear.
Yeah I do. I also shoot and own M1 Garands too. Yeah my brother disposed of my great grand fathers WWI stuff. Because he needed the $$ and I offered to buy the stuff but he got rid of it before I could stop him. :mad: Also shoot Ar15s (M16s). Had some one in my neighborhood throw out a foot locker but I manage to save it. Sounds like you got a good start on a collection.

Upvote 0

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I've got a japaneese rifle model 44? in near mint condition, m1 helmet with captians markings, some size seven leggings in near issued condition, a german bayonett, and one from poland, I've got all of my grandfathers thompson, all of his pic's and orders and discharge papers.. oh, I just bought 9 bandelors for a m1 riffle of ebay for 14.00 includes shipping
My wife's grandfather was in the 8th airforce as a T-sargent/radio operator on the liberty belle and ruby's radiers "Liberty belle was shot down" her family has alot of pics and patches and stuff like that.

Upvote 0
T

TerriToriaL_Man

-Hello all, I'm so glad to see there are other Christian militaria collectors in existence(i'm apparently the only one in MN). I don't have that much WWII stuff, just a canteen and a GI helmet, but i'd like to expand my collection. I just got a Yugo M59/66 rifle that i'm having a blast with and i'd love to get a K98 or Mosin for my next purchase! -Trav:amen: to God and to Firearms

Upvote 0

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hi TerriTorial_man. your yugo m59/66 is darn near a SKS. Th8is is a semi auto rifle firing 7.62x59. This is no way close to a mauser, this rifle was designed by the Soviet and is post WWII. Mosin are a nice weapon I have a Finnish version of that rifle in great shape. A little advice am sure you know about it make sure all your numbers match bolt to the action to the trigger group. You might want to check Shotgun News or Gun List.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
TerriToriaL_Man said:
-Kool thanks for the info Wildthing. As to you question on my Yugo, i'm not sure what you're talking about:( ! I know all the basic parts and how to clean and oil, but as far as naming the specific parts and functions i'm clueless. Sorry! I have heard from a few other friends as well that shotgun news is a good one. -Trav
A lot of the parts are serial numbered to the gun. A lot times what happens is the gun goes in to the arsnal for repair. Since this usaully involoves a lot of guns the bolts usaully become mixed up I have a model 98 mauser the action number is 5947 the bolt no. is 9269. you really want the numbers to match. matching no. just means that your collection value will be higher.

wait till you get to M1 Garands more then just serial no.

Upvote 0

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
TerriToriaL_Man said:
-Kool thanks for the info Wildthing. As to you question on my Yugo, i'm not sure what you're talking about:( ! I know all the basic parts and how to clean and oil, but as far as naming the specific parts and functions i'm clueless. Sorry! I have heard from a few other friends as well that shotgun news is a good one. -Trav

See the first post I made on this gun.... I was in error. This is a semi auto and cannot be consider a mauser....

Upvote 0

JimmyKoKoPop

Mar 18, 2005
✟592.00
Faith
Agnostic
I have a few things that were my grandfathers. He died like 7 years before I was born. He was in the Navy, and when we were getting ready to move, my mother tried to throw away his Navy uniforn. I was upset about that, but I rescued it. Don't really have many other things I can name, but I know we have stuff in boxes.

Upvote 0