Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The way I see it, God has one people saved by the Blood of Christ but requires different content of faith in different dispensations.

Emotions should never drive our arguments or cloud our reasoning of the Word. I have to ask, can you see the end from the beginning? Who are you to judge God? In context of Romans 8 we find the carnal mind is not subject to, or as E. W. Bullinger translates, ‘does not subject itself to’ God and cannot be. All mankind, because of actual sin is on there way to hell…we are rebels and the unregenerated mind at ‘enmity’ with God. God by His grace has elected out of this mass of rebels a people….some to salvation while others are left (as they like it) in there sin. The idea of an ‘elect nation’ to disprove the Calvinist expression of election has been dealt with in fine fashion by C.H. Spurgeon. http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0239.htm To sum it up, a nation is made up of individual people! Romans 9 explains it by telling us about two individuals, I don't see how the argument for national election is sound. As you can see, God has a separate divine plan for both of His elect. The church was not revealed in the OT and was a myserion/mystery. Romans 16:25 reads “Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,” The church isn’t mysterious but a truth hidden and later revealed by Paul. If the church is Israel and God has only one people (Israel), then why does the NT use terms when speaking to gentiles such as ‘fellow heirs’, ‘fellow members of the body’, ‘fellow partakers?’ Ephesians 3:9 tells us that the mystery was hidden IN God, not the OT but in God Himself! (Before anyone thinks to use the ‘as’ clause, that is only one use of the Greek term HOS, not to mention this same truth is mentioned in Colossians 1:25-26 without the use of HOS.) Other NT mysteries include: the Bride of Christ Ephesians 5:22-32, Revelations 19:7-9 and the translation of the Saints 1 Corinthians 15:51-52.

An example of individual election can be found in John 10, where we read about the good shepherd. You want context, here’s your context: In ancient times shepherds would gather their folds for the night in one place as a flock with other shepherd’s folds. When it was time to move on the shepherd’s would call their sheep by NAME, the sheep would respond to the shepherd.

Israel is represented as the fold, but not all sheep in the fold/Israel respond to the call and the good shepherd Jesus Christ tells us he had other sheep which were not of this fold/Israel. Take notice how tells us that he call His sheep by name, He has a sheep that are not of this fold and that He must bring these other sheep into one fold. (John 10 also teaches limited atonement.) In v. 26 we are told in plain and simple language the reason why people do not believe, ‘But ye believe not, because you are not my sheep…v. 27 my sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me.’ How does one become a sheep? You are called. There’s nothing you can do.

The Everlasting Covenant is where the persons of the Godhead entered into before time to saved the elect. Father God gives the Son, God the Son offers Himself as a perfect sacrifice while God the Holy Spirit administers the covenant. Titus 1:2, Hebrews 13:20 The elect of God are tested according to a particular purpose of God that is to be accomplished within that dispensation of time. We see a difference among God’s elect, ‘new wine in new wine skins’ Matthew 9:17 and Paul lists Jews, Gentiles and the Church.

No fancy footwork is needed.

SP
PS> Sorry about the links to the NIV, I didn't know how to change it to the AV.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.