Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As a girl who loves to journal, even though I have terrible writing habits. Is something I love to do, I've recently been toying with the idea of writing letters to my future husband when God chooses to pop him up into my life. But I don't want him to think it stupid so I might just keep them for my self as an excursive to help with the singleness.

Guys and girls, do you write to your future spouses?

Guys and girls, what would you think if your future spouse gave you letters or a journal that has been written to you? With prayers, letters, journal entrees, etc. as a wedding gift.

Is this a stupid idea to you, or something that seems endearing?

I'm just really curious on what you all think about this Christians or not.

Reactions: Maka

PersephonesTear

Jul 14, 2013
✟9,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't do that, no. Though I do journal quite a bit. I'm not sure how I would respond if a future spouse presented me with such a thing... It would really depend on the context and the flavor of our relationship. I imagine it could range anywhere from incredibly sweet to uncomfortably creepy, depending.

If it's your style to do it, then do it. Whomever you end up with will want to be with you because of everything that makes you you - including your quirks and your own personal style. So if it's "you" to do it, then go ahead.

One thing that I do actually do is keep a video journal for my nieces and nephews who are all currently under the age of five. I talk about various life issues and challenges that I am facing, or things that our family has struggled through in the past. My intention is to give them the recordings once they reach adulthood. I'm hoping to encourage others in my family to make similar records so that we can create a sort of family archive to pass on to future generations. That way our grandchildren, great-grandchildren, ect. can see us discussing current issues of our day in our own words. And they can also hear our voices and see what our faces were like when we were young.

Upvote 0

Jess7737

Jun 8, 2013
Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't do that, no. Though I do journal quite a bit. I'm not sure how I would respond if a future spouse presented me with such a thing... It would really depend on the context and the flavor of our relationship. I imagine it could range anywhere from incredibly sweet to uncomfortably creepy, depending.

If it's your style to do it, then do it. Whomever you end up with will want to be with you because of everything that makes you you - including your quirks and your own personal style. So if it's "you" to do it, then go ahead.

One thing that I do actually do is keep a video journal for my nieces and nephews who are all currently under the age of five. I talk about various life issues and challenges that I am facing, or things that our family has struggled through in the past. My intention is to give them the recordings once they reach adulthood. I'm hoping to encourage others in my family to make similar records so that we can create a sort of family archive to pass on to future generations. That way our grandchildren, great-grandchildren, ect. can see us discussing current issues of our day in our own words. And they can also hear our voices and see what our faces were like when we were young.

That is such a great idea, I'll have to remember that one for future generations in my family. :)

Upvote 0

bluegreysky

Can't adult today.
Sep 11, 2006
Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that concept isn't new, it's in a book called "When God Writes Your Love Story" and that book has been around for at least a decade maybe two. At least, that's where I read about it. A year ago.
Now, I had a journal with a bunch of short letters to a future ... well I called him "soulmate".... in it, but that journal got lost along with several other journals and books that were in a bag that I set down in a friend's house and never saw again.
We think it was thrown away by mistake. Oh well, I hadn't said much.
I bought a new journal that is just for writing to people like him but I am trying to formulate this stuff in my head first in case he ever does appear magically in my life and want to read it.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Guys and girls, what would you think if your future spouse gave you letters or a journal that has been written to you? With prayers, letters, journal entrees, etc. as a wedding gift.

The idea has never occurred to me, but maybe now I'll start! :)

Upvote 0

Jess7737

Jun 8, 2013
Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well that concept isn't new, it's in a book called "When God Writes Your Love Story" and that book has been around for at least a decade maybe two. At least, that's where I read about it. A year ago.
Now, I had a journal with a bunch of short letters to a future ... well I called him "soulmate".... in it, but that journal got lost along with several other journals and books that were in a bag that I set down in a friend's house and never saw again.
We think it was thrown away by mistake. Oh well, I hadn't said much.
I bought a new journal that is just for writing to people like him but I am trying to formulate this stuff in my head first in case he ever does appear magically in my life and want to read it.

Well I live under a rock, because I've never heard of that book. Sorry to hear that when I lose a journal I freak because a lot of private stuff goes into my journals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

twnsrkr

As a girl who loves to journal, even though I have terrible writing habits. Is something I love to do, I've recently been toying with the idea of writing letters to my future husband when God chooses to pop him up into my life. But I don't want him to think it stupid so I might just keep them for my self as an excursive to help with the singleness.

Guys and girls, do you write to your future spouses?

I'm just really curious on what you all think about this Christians or not.

I think it'd be sweet.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I would do that, but it says "Temporary Restraining Order" all over it. And I wouldn't put it past him to file one against me.

lol. Joking.

MjAxMi03ZWFhYTA2MTcyNTZlZGY4.png

*wheeze* *wheeze*

Reactions: Neve
Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's not something I've done before. I would find it a bit creepy- writing letters to someone I don't know? It seems like I would be making up a person in my head to write about :(

That's just my opinion though, it might be romantic to someone else.

If the person I was dating told me they did that, I'm not sure what I'd think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you are a great letter writer and you are able to express that you have been holding on to love and stuff and even if you need to write about things about yourself that would be hard to express with the spoken word, then go for it, write for me.

I have been toying lately with the idea of buying a few moleskin journal books... one for writing a short story in, one for writing random ideas in, but if I were to do this, I would get a leather bound journal and a nice pen and also a crappy journal to toss, to make sure the leather one stays handsome and on track.

It would be a very intimate look into your soul's mate, their mind, heart and soul would be bared to you, a sacred trust, it must be given and received in a special way.

Just the thoughts of a sometimes author.

Reactions: Jess7737
Upvote 0

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, but I do write letters to my leprechaun friends who live in the forest beneath my bed and make my cereal.
LOL! This was actually quite funny so i had to make a remark about it.. ha!

BUT... I think you gals are sweet with your journals to your future guys.. That's a rather precious sentiment.
Bless yous

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think its 50/50 on either side here, one half thinks its sweet, the other thinks its creepy. Thanks for your thoughts everyone! :D Its quite interesting the responses I got here.

It might be possible the divide falls on how romantic the respondants are. I'm in the sweet camp and a self-described(as well as friends) hopeless romantic.

Upvote 0