• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtyLynn

May 1, 2005
✟15,115.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry I havnt been on here ina while. Well a lot have happened and Ive stopped cutting for the most part..its hard but..yeah..ive dont it!! I just need help in remebering that Jesus is here. I just feel like He....like NO ONE cares....my boyfriend broke up with me but he kept leading me on and stuff and I kept thinking that we were gunna get back together. He was just using me to get what he wanted. He told me I had too many problems and it was stressing him out. ONE AND HALF YEARS AND NOW THAT IM GETTING BETTER HE SAYS IM STRESSING HIM OUT?!?!?! :sigh: I dont undersatnd. I jsut have this feeling like I was sleep forever and NEVER wake up, like myu insides are hollow ((which is kinda gross if you think about it lol)) but anyways....I dunno what to do. Anyone have a Bible Verse for me?! Im tryig really hard not to cut. :(

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CourtyLynn said:
Sorry I havnt been on here ina while. Well a lot have happened and Ive stopped cutting for the most part..its hard but..yeah..ive dont it!! I just need help in remebering that Jesus is here. I just feel like He....like NO ONE cares....my boyfriend broke up with me but he kept leading me on and stuff and I kept thinking that we were gunna get back together. He was just using me to get what he wanted. He told me I had too many problems and it was stressing him out. ONE AND HALF YEARS AND NOW THAT IM GETTING BETTER HE SAYS IM STRESSING HIM OUT?!?!?! :sigh: I dont undersatnd. I jsut have this feeling like myu insides are hollow ((which is kinda gross if you think about it lol)) but anyways....I dunno what to do. Anyone have a Bible Verse for me?! Im tryig really hard not to cut. :(

I am so proud of you that you haven't cut :hug: I know it is really really hard not to at first...it is the only way you know of dealing with extreme emotions. How long as it been? Well here are a few pointers that helped me when I first stopped cutting. First...when you want to cut...try to stop...at least for a minute...and ask yourself Why? and What will it solve if I cut? It gets easier to reason this out once you don't cut for a while (took me about a year of not cutting to really be able to reason it out). Then if that does not work...do the 1 minute rule (or 1 hour rule...which ever works for you). Just try to get to the next minute...or hour...without cutting. Do something...anything....to get your mind off it. I used to draw...this was a good emotional release for me. Try running...or something you like to do that takes a lot of energy or mind thought to do. I found that when I was so into my drawing...I forgot all about cutting and why I wanted to. If this does not work...try holding on to a piece of ice that you have ran under water for a second....hold on to it till it melts. (run water on it first :doh:) This produces a hurt...a sting. However, this does not harm you...but it will give you the same...or almost the same results as cutting would. If this does not work and you wind up cutting...remember that God...and us at CF loves you still. A baby falls down a lot before he learns how to walk. If you fall and cut...it's ok. Get back up and start counting the days again. I battled with this for years....about 8 years...before I stopped. It has been almost 2 years now (2 years in August) since I last cut myself. Remember...we love ya :hug:

Upvote 0

cracked_pelicans

Senior Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
✟3,137.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Living Christ is here, and He's with you, and He loves you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.