Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do have a fear that false accusations may be thrown in order to destroy someone who is innocent. It is not unheard of and it happens. This is a mess, but I haven't seen enough information to make a judgement either way. The only thing I can say is that Francis was unwise in saying this to a reporter.

Reactions: ZaidaBoBaida
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will the modernists Now give up their deadly delusion, that Pope Francis will "fix everything wrong, including sex abuse" . Expect Chile population to slowly, yet surely turn from Catholicism, we need missionary work there, to make sure they don't turn to Protestantism or Islam.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will the modernists Now give up their deadly delusion, that Pope Francis will "fix everything wrong, including sex abuse" . Expect Chile population to slowly, yet surely turn from Catholicism, we need missionary work there, to make sure they don't turn to Protestantism or Islam.

I am not so sure this will be a "turning point" away from Catholicism. The ease and draw of Pentecostalism is a bigger factor in Catholic conversions than anything the Pope says. Pentecostalism is the new liberation theology for Latin America.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Here is another issue being discussed in OBOB:

Vatican: Papal Honor for Pro-Abortion Politician Not a Sign of Support

My prayers and sympathies are with Catholics who just want a loving and “orthodox” faith. To be bound to the current pope seems troubling.

I edited my response, the last word was originally “nightmarish” but in retrospect, that term seems extreme.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums