Would you walk differently IF....... A hypothetical question

G

gideons300

It is a question worth pondering. Would your walk change if you knew that the lukewarm the Lord refers to in Revelations 3 would have to go through the great tribulation, while other God mentions are told they will be hid from the terror that is coming "for they are worthy"?

I admit having no "revelation" on this subject but there seems to be weighty scriptures seemingly supporting both the pre-trib and post- trib "rapture". Could it be there is a partial one, and that BOTH scriptures are true, depending on how one is walking? Please understand, this is not to debate the potential for either scenario, for most seem to fall in one camp or another with great conviction.

Just the question. If the awakened virgins that have oil go in before and 'escape all these things that are to be cast upon the earth', and the virgins with no oil have the door shut and must endure the hell of seven years of great tribulation, befire seeing the Lord, would it change the way you are walking today?

Blessings,

Gideon

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, If the Temple is Open. Anyone can walk in. Those that don't are focused on other things.

Questions to ponder. Jesus spirit has Flown, The Temple is thrown wide open at that instant. So who was the first to enter? The second? Who entered Paradise on that day?
Some say He entered Hell.

The problem is there is always 2 points of view. I guess we get to pick one.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At this stage, nope, it would not. Dad in Heaven seems to be sucking all the fear out of me and replacing it with love.

I don't mean that to sound 'cutesy', and I'm sure not young enough to believe that bad-things-don't-happen-to-good-people anymore. (Dad has knocked the fool out of my head on that one.) But I've been to hell already, and my Dad was with me every step of the way. I have zero reason to believe that He won't pass me through the flames again at some point. And I know that by His grace and strength I'll come out the other side shinier. :)

So whether I go through tribulation alone or with all of my brothers and sisters at the same time, I know that it will be God's grace alone holding us up, and God's grace shining through us when we are done.

God bless :)

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm ready for the rapture, but if I go through the tribulation, so be it.

I won't keep my head long - my faith and my mouth are too big. I have no fear of death anymore. Either way, I'll be with Christ.

The 10 virgins parable is interesting. All have oil (synonymous with the Holy Spirit) in the beginning, but 5 are too lazy or distracted to store up extra oil. All ten virgins are believers. That COULD indicate that lukewarm Christians, ones who are doing nothing for Him and who let their level of Spiritual fullness diminish (because of trials or problems of the world), will not be raptured with the 5 who are constantly seeking God's will, constantly praying and letting God fill and refill them with His love, His Spirit.

But tribulation or not, I want to stay full of His Word, and His Spirit.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will be a catching up, but it will be within. This is the pattern laid out from the very beginning of the book.

The ark is always bore above the waters. For Jesus the son of God was the heaven/father where the son of man was.

How can a single eye change ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Many things point to a "mid trib" rapture for lack of a better term. If what I believe to be the Holy Spirit has been saying that the church will be perfected for a time by the sufferings and persecutions it endures.

The enemy will make war against the saints, so their has to be saints here to make war again. That takes care of everyone being gone who has been born again supposedly leaving by virtue of the new birth.

In Daniel, it refers to saints enduring suffering and in the Book of Revelation, the coming of the Lord is after a number of plagues.

It is important that the church is aware of the hour it is in, both now and then. The church should be warned that a great spirit of fear and deception will rise up and many will be tempted to give in to save their own skins. Many will be tempted to take action themselves but they need to have the patience also written of in the Book of Revelation.

I personally believe a greater revelation of end time passages will be given by the Holy Spirit to help prepare the church so they will not miss out on the groom catching away the bride. It is time for purity and for our very lives to be consumed in the quest for God's will.

Upvote 0

sbmullin

Jul 16, 2012
Texas
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't going to post anything I was enjoying reading these comments and weighing each answer and this is what the Lord said too me while reading... If you walk as close to me as you can every single day, whatever time tribulation comes it won't really matter because you are already walking with me. It will just be a matter of moving from one room to the next. I confess I don't know when He is coming, but this I do know, He is coming and He told us all to be ready so it wouldn't take us by surprise. The 5 foolish virgins evidently were caught up in their own thing and were not watching the time, sadly many of us so called christians are doing the same. We argue about this and that and whether or not this is true or that is true and all Jesus really said was to take up my cross and follow Him. gideon300 you pose a thought provoking question and over the years I have often asked a similiar question, what would my life look like if I really understand that Creator God holds my breath in His hands. Would I walk differently, would I talk differently? So I said all that to say this yes sir, my life would look allot different. Philippians 3:10 That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death. This is the walk I seek, for it is the walk that Christ will walk with me on!

Be Blessed with God's goodness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

gideons300

How about you, Gideon, would pre-trib or post-trib or past-trib change your walk?

No,in truth, it matters not to me. Now, I DO have a preference to be caught up without experiencing any pain or tribulation, but of course, I also hope to die in my sleep after 90 years of perfect health and no bounced checks, but I doubt either will come true, LOL.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No,in truth, it matters not to me. Now, I DO have a preference to be caught up without experiencing any pain or tribulation, but of course, I also hope to die in my sleep after 90 years of perfect health and no bounced checks, but I doubt either will come true, LOL.

Blessings,

Gideon
Not me. I want to know that I am about to die. That way I will know to look for Him.

I've had this sort of death wish for a while, where I want to lose my life for my faith in Christ. I want my death to mean something, to encourage others. I had this dream once, where someone broke into our church, and told everyone who didn't want to die for Christ's sake to get out. In the dream I walked up to the front of the church and sat down right in front of the guy. (Almost everyone did!) The more he yelled, the more serene I felt. Finally, he put the gun to my head, I heard a noise, and opened my eyes. Then I woke up. But I just KNOW that I would have seen the Lord.

Upvote 0