Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Creeds only serve to exclude erroneous interpretations, such as denying the full divinity or humanity of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ, or denying the Deity of the Holy Spirit. On an ecumenical site like Christian Forums it is important, because otherwise Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons and other people whose interpretation of the Bible is considered by most Christians to be in error will start endless flamewars. Even now we have controversy between the different denominations, but this controversy is manageable since everyone agrees on the basics.

You can read the CF.com Statement of Faith, which includes the Creed and a few extra provisions here: CF Statement of Faith

If you feel your doctrines contradict the creed, you should let us know, and then cease to post in this forum. It would also be a good idea to ask the mods to change your faith symbol (“Heterodox Christian” is commonly used) so as to prevent you from inadvertently posting in a forum reserved for members who agree with the Statement of Faith.

Additionally, even if you agree with the Statement of Faith, subforums like Traditional Theology and denomination-specific forums have their own Statements Of Purpose which control what kind of content can be posted therein.
This forum is eschatology, a sub forum.

Can you specify which part of the Creed eschatology relates to?

You sound like some inquisition attempting to force me to renounce my faith in Jesus Christ. Perhaps that is not your intention, but that is how it is coming across.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This forum is eschatology, a sub forum.

Indeed. All subforums of General Theology are areas where the Statement of Faith is in full effect (and not just those portions which deal with eschatology).

Can you specify which part of the Creed eschatology relates to?

The whole thing really, but two sections are particularly important:

Speaking of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ:

“And He shall come again with glory (Matthew 24:27)
to judge the living and the dead; (Acts 10:42; 2Timothy 4:1)
whose Kingdom shall have no end. (2 Peter 1:11)”

And then the conclusion of the Creed:

“I look for the resurrection of the dead, (John 11:24; 1Corinthians 15:12-49; Hebrews 6:2; Revelation 20:5)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30)”

By tne way, insofar as we have wound up discussing your views on Christology and Mariology, I would argue we are off-topic, and so if you do agree with the Creed you ought to post in one of those forums.

You sound like some inquisition attempting to force me to renounce my faith in Jesus Christ. Perhaps that is not your intention, but that is how it is coming across.

Forgive me if I have come across like that, for I would rather die than cause someone to renounce their faith in Jesus Christ.

As a fellow Christian, what I really would like is for you to understand what the creeds are, which is the difference between Christianity and various psuedo-Christian cults. Alll of the diverse families of Christians recognized as Christian on this site agree with the Nicene Creed, for example, the Seventh Day Adventists, the Methodists, the Baptists, the Episcopalians, the non-denominational Evangelicals, the Anglicans, the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox, the Lutherans, the Calvinists, the Presbyterians, and many others, even the Roman Catholics (although there is a variation between the Roman Catholic version of the creed and the Orthodox version, known as the filioque, which the Statement of Faith accommodates). Indeed even the Plymouth Brethren are considered to be Nicene Christians

The creed is not regarded as superior to scripture, for if it were, the various Sola Scriptura, Prima Scriptura and Nuda Scriptura members from various Protestant and Restorationist backgrounds would not participate in it.

Groups that reject the Creed include the likes of Christian Science, the Jehovahs Witnesses, the Unitarians and Unitarian Universalists, the New Church (Swedenborgianism), Manicheans, Docetics, Arians (and contemporary neo-Arians), Oneness Pentecostals, Mormons, and so on, all of whom are highly controversial and not widely recognized as Christian.

I am also at a loss as to what part of the Nicene Creed you feel threatens your faith.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed. It has gone way off topic to a debate regarding Mary as Mother of God.

Most Protestants are more comfortable referring to Mary as the Mother of God Incarnate. Yes, she is the mother of Jesus who is 100% God, 100% human.

Do not suggest other members are breaking site rules. If you believe so, report it. It is not up to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.