Would you ever vote for a lawmaker who supports murdering babies?

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What makes you think the Democratic Party is no longer for those people? It is extremely obvious Democrats still are all about helping the working class, poor, and little guys while the Republican Party was never about that and is even further from those ideals than ever.

If you care about everything Democrats stand for, you are a Democrat and will always only vote for them because the Republican Party only cares about rich people and itself. It has always hated the mere thought of helping those who need help the most and gets worse every year. In fact, the Republican Party is 100% responsible for millions of Americans refusing to wear masks and get covid shots, which resulted in a huge number of easily preventable deaths, and the crime rate going up with mass murders happening every single day.
I’m not a Democrat. I have voted for Democrats before though. The last Democratic President I voted for was in 1992. Democrat have made abortion on demand a litmus test for running for office. Bob Casey was denied to speak at the Republican convention in 1992.as he was pro life.I have voted for pro life Democrats in the local level in my state but it seems they are prevented from being pro life on the national level i e Presidential candidates or congress.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I’m not a Democrat. I have voted for Democrats before though. The last Democratic President I voted for was in 1992. Democrats have made abortion on demand a litmus test for running for office. Bob Casey was denied to speak at the Republican convention in 1992.as he was pro life.I have voted for pro life Democrats in the local level in my state but it seems they are prevented from being pro life on the national level i e Presidential candidates or Congress.

You said you care about helping "the working class, poor, and little guy." Change that to little lady, and those are the people who get abortions because no Republicans are giving them any of the help they need to avoid having abortions. They need tons of help and only Democrats - yes, the pro-choicers - are willing to even think about giving it to them. No so-called "pro-lifer" who opposes abortion for religious reasons is any more than an anti-choicer who wants to punish the mother for being poor and/or uneducated. I asked people over and over again what they want the government to do to give all American citizens with unwanted pregnancies all the help they need to prevent abortions. No anti-choicers think about answering my question. They either ignore it or post a deflection. So I know only pro-choicers will ever actually prevent people from getting abortions, not Republicans, because only Democrats want to fix the problems that force millions of girls and women to get them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EnterLight

Jan 20, 2022
Canton, MI
✟12,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How about this: If a rapist makes the victim pregnant and she decides to get an abortion, he should be required to cover the full cost of the abortion and all related expenses. If she decides not to get an abortion, no law should allow him to avoid paternity fees for the next 25 years. I also would support a law that denies all charged rapists bail while their court cases are pending.

Why should people be held accountable for using the only things that can prevent unwanted pregnancies?
Two entirely different situations, A rapist should be held at full accountability and get sentenced. They will most likely not comply so the cost of an abortion for a woman who was assaulted would have to be legally obtained. When I was saying the accountability of contraceptives I meant between two consenting adults not an assault victim. If you're grown enough to lay down and spread your legs you're grown enough to take responsibility for your actions, man or woman. Despite the saying it takes a village to raise a child it's not the worlds responsibility to raise what they didn't create, that sole responsibility lays with a parent. People that shamelessly engage with others and have no thought of care afterwords if they just so happen to create another life should be punished. Abortions aren't some drive in procedure to be made when there are several different options that could've prevented childbirth that you didn't use. Providing adults with sexual education could be helpful too. But, part of me thinks there's just people that don't care and choose to be reckless.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the argument is that if it is my uterus, I can decide whether or not to allow a fetus to reside there. Eagles have no concept of abortion so that would be taking the choice away from the eagle mother who would always choose to hatch her egg.
Oh, I know the argument... "my body, my choice".

What about the infants right to "my body my choice"?

It's a human
It's alive
They kill them...

The location of a human does not diminish it's value.

Upvote 0

EnterLight

Jan 20, 2022
Canton, MI
✟12,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the argument is that if it is my uterus, I can decide whether or not to allow a fetus to reside there. Eagles have no concept of abortion so that would be taking the choice away from the eagle mother who would always choose to hatch her egg.
Or better yet, you can use one of the multitude of options of contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. There's shots, pills, male and female condoms. While it may be your choice to do what you want it doesn't make it a good or a sound choice. Your argument of comparing a human being that has a higher level of consciousness than of other animals which live strictly in the laws of nature with limited reasoning and perception skills is moot. You know how pregnancy happens and you know there's ways to prevent it, an eagle doesn't..

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
But most of these events took place in Gov'ts where the people didn't have much of a say such as Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao...
But in America, we constantly have Christians who will vote for politicians who will make every effort to continue infanticide in our country because they value other issues as more important to them.
Not looking to argue...just trying to understand what the mindset is from those who feel this way? How do you justify this? Am I the one being too legalistic?
Thanks
Some , maybe few, of us noticed that the ones who vote don't realize that they have no more say-so than the residents in countries run by "Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mao ..."

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What about the infants right to "my body my choice"?

It's a human
It's alive
They kill them...

The location of a human does not diminish it's value.
The value of a human is not recognized by the world. Not only infants destroyed in the womb, but if the infant is life-born, it is potentially and actually subject to being slaughtered any time in their life, young or old.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope you can see that killing the weak is not giving them justice.
Truth. Likewise, continuing, killing the weak, before birth, or anytime in life, no justice on earth for this.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Eagles have no concept of abortion so that would be taking the choice away from the eagle mother who would always choose to hatch her egg.
No concept of abortion. Why do we have such an evil concept?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m not a Democrat. I have voted for Democrats before though. The last Democratic President I voted for was in 1992. Democrat have made abortion on demand a litmus test for running for office. Bob Casey was denied to speak at the Republican convention in 1992.as he was pro life.I have voted for pro life Democrats in the local level in my state but it seems they are prevented from being pro life on the national level i e Presidential candidates or congress.
I will not knowingly vote for a Democrat again until they as a group repent of their abortion position. They forever lost me when they came after Representative Dan Lepinski (D) because he did not approve of abortion. They do not get my vote.

I can choose to vote for anyone else out there, but not a Democrat. They have chosen to be the party of death. A generation ago it wasn’t so obvious. Now it is.

• Winner
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will not knowingly vote for a Democrat again until they as a group repent of their abortion position. They forever lost me when they came after Representative Dan Lepinski (D) because he did not approve of abortion. They do not get my vote.

I can choose to vote for anyone else out there, but not a Democrat. They have chosen to be the party of death. A generation ago it wasn’t so obvious. Now it is.
Yes, my position too. I will vote third party if I decide I can't vote for the Republican nominee(which may be a real possibility in 2024!.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You said you care about helping "the working class, poor, and little guy." Change that to little lady, and those are the people who get abortions because no Republicans are giving them any of the help they need to avoid having abortions. They need tons of help and only Democrats - yes, the pro-choicers - are willing to even think about giving it to them. No so-called "pro-lifer" who opposes abortion for religious reasons is any more than an anti-choicer who wants to punish the mother for being poor and/or uneducated. I asked people over and over again what they want the government to do to give all American citizens with unwanted pregnancies all the help they need to prevent abortions. No anti-choicers think about answering my question. They either ignore it or post a deflection. So I know only pro-choicers will ever actually prevent people from getting abortions, not Republicans, because only Democrats want to fix the problems that force millions of girls and women to get them.
I agree more needs to be done for mothers, babies, families, and parents in general. I personally support tax credits, Free Birth, . paid maternity or paternity leave,etc. We may have to do so as the population is declining and we need young people to replace the large elderly generation, and people are not having children as they deem that too expensive in our times. Many women get abortions because they feel they have no other choice.
Many Pro life organizations and Churches do indeed help mothers in crisis pregnancies. The church I belong to has " Christian Life Resources." as a para-church organization. So does the Catholic church, and other churches.
I believe life begins at conception. However I am realistic that there will have to be exceptions in our laws, most especially of course, the life of the mother. I believe once the baby is viable outside the womb, there should be no abortion. The life of the child at that time must be saved. This should not be politicized, but unfortunately, like so many other things in our day, it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No concept of abortion. Why do we have such an evil concept?
If "we" means mankind, it is because mankind is absolutely evil and full of wickednesses, even planning during the night, in bed, new wickednesses for the next day.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes and the Reverend Jesse Jackson was once pro-life-I believe he had to change that to run on a national ticket for the presidency. I have wondered if he was pressured to change. It is really a shame. There once were many pro-life Democrats a few generations ago.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
wondered if he was pressured to change. It is really a shame.
.... "pressured" in politics?! Nah ! "Couldn't Be!" ....

as in, of course, naturally, always expected to be....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes, my position too. I will vote third party if I decide I can't vote for the Republican nominee(which may be a real possibility in 2024!.)
`The Republicans COULD come up with a good nominee. They have done so before. But I think what I would like to see is the American Solidarity Party recruit former Democratic Party Representative Dan Lipinski to run for president. He's the one the Democrats continually attacked and finally removed in a primary by spending tons of money against him. Up to then he was the last pro-life Democrat in national office. Sort of proof of the depravity of the Democratic Party. I don't see him as an ambitious guy so it would take some real coaxing to get him to accept that nomination. He probably wouldn't win in a Trump vs new Democrat situation but he would be a decent and capable and moral choice. DeSantis might be one of those too. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes and the Reverend Jesse Jackson was once pro-life-I believe he had to change that to run on a national ticket for the presidency. I have wondered if he was pressured to change. It is really a shame. There once were many pro-life Democrats a few generations ago.
Even way way back Joe Biden was pro-life. But power corrupts, and they got corrupted.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If "we" means mankind, it is because mankind is absolutely evil and full of wickednesses, even planning during the night, in bed, new wickednesses for the next day.
I don't share in the 'total depravity' view I think you have. I would go so far as to say we are bent and damaged goods, who lean towards evil, but not totally depraved. But the fact that we have such a concept is prime evidence that we are just not right in our souls. Plenty of empirical evidence that we are not right.

Upvote 0