Would you date someone that doesn't find you attractive?

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think a woman's ever found me attractive, so I'd just have to take what I can get! Maybe I'd just wear a fake mustache or something.

You are so full o' hooey! I've seen several chicks right here on CF call you attractive, including myself.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I remember this thread.
I think I remember my original answer.
I also don't think it's changed that much.
But I do know from these answers that it's in the minority because of my own lack of understanding exactly why physical attraction is so important. So the thought of someone not finding me physically attractive but still wanting to get to know me in the whole relationship setting is intriguing.

However in line with this
But I doubt this situation would ever even arise, since guys will not date women they don't find attractive to begin with.
and several other comments i'm obviously way off the mark. Unfortunately I can only imagine it's a bit like picking a nice dress, you want one that appeals to the eye and draws you in but after than it also has to suit you. The prettiest dress looks ugly when on someone whose body shape does not suit the tailoring.

Or something.

This post rambled a bit.

Upvote 0

Crowned One

Oct 3, 2013
Sydney, NSW, Australia
✟7,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Why would someone date me if she thought I was not attractive?

I dont know why.

How did you discover that this woman doesn't find you attractive.

One reason might be because they don't trust attractive ones, maybe she's tried and the attractive ones have let her down. Maybe just saying.

That could work but in the end that attraction may get the better of her.

I just broke up with somebody after realising that i wasn't attracted to her physically, i loved her spirit and her heart and i did fall in love with her but eventually my attraction was determining how i pursued her and i was constantly letting her down and hurting her because of this and every time she mentioned her disappointment to me i would not listen. Eventually things became quite difficult and i was forced to understand the reason why which was my level of attraction.

I knew that love was important in a relationship and i made sure that i loved this woman but i neglected the need for attraction. i didnt care about her appearances until i realised just how important appearances were for me. Now i know! :)

I would be careful and just investigate her heart for you, she maybe happy but deep down she is also not attracted to you and thats one side of her that will manifest in different ways eventually.

Upvote 0

Crowned One

Oct 3, 2013
Sydney, NSW, Australia
✟7,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If he didn't care, I wouldn't care. But I doubt this situation would ever even arise, since guys will not date women they don't find attractive to begin with.

I did date a woman but at first i didnt care about her appearance but that affected my level of pursuit. This woman wasn't ugly of over weight (Please excuse my frankness here) But i just didnt have any understanding or value on how being attracted to a woman would be until i started to treat her according to the level of attraction i had for her and it sucked for both of us and i ended up hurting her a lot. Anys we've made up and separated and its been about a month and a half now and were giving ourselves space to breath.

It was a very good lesson. Both people must be happy. I thought i was happy until her unhappiness revealed my unhappy with her and my attraction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crowned One

Oct 3, 2013
Sydney, NSW, Australia
✟7,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I would never date an ugly girl. Because I would not find her attractive, and that would make me sad. I don't like being sad, so I'll avoid them.

Well the girl was attractive but in the end i wasnt truly happy however much i seemed to like her heart and spirit and love for God which is what i was attracted to and these things i fell in love with, i was prepared to put up with her appearances and at the time they seemed okay but time proved that the level that i was attracted in this one aspect was never going to be enough. I happy until eventually her unhappiness got the better of me and then i understood why. Well know i know better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.