Would you date someone that doesn't find you attractive?

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
LOL!!!

You're silly.

Yuppers ^_^

Probably the reason why I'm single...

I'm either too overweight...
I'm either too silly...
I'm either too kind...
I'm either too shy...
I'm either too dorkness...
I'm either too much to handle ;)
I'm either too lovable like a teddy bear ;)
I'm either too too too too too or just a woman hasn't went all
:bigeye::blush1::flatt::flat4::love2::piripi::papapa::satisfied::sohappy:
over me...tackles me...and screams I'M KEEPING HIM SO BACK OFF LADIES ^_^

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟19,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bringing back this thread from 1969?

in 1969 ... there was like one military scientist online ... his name was bob and he was married. he shouldn't have been asking him,self dating questions.

k
o
f

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yuppers ^_^

Probably the reason why I'm single...

I'm either too overweight...
I'm either too silly...
I'm either too kind...
I'm either too shy...
I'm either too dorkness...
I'm either too much to handle ;)
I'm either too lovable like a teddy bear ;)
I'm either too too too too too or just a woman hasn't went all
:bigeye::blush1::flatt::flat4::love2::piripi::papapa::satisfied::sohappy:
over me...tackles me...and screams I'M KEEPING HIM SO BACK OFF LADIES ^_^

God Bless,
Drew

LOL! That made me laugh!

I would not date someone that I found unattractive...plain and simple, no questions asked, no give and take on this one.

Good deal.

in 1969 ... there was like one military scientist online ... his name was bob and he was married. he shouldn't have been asking him,self dating questions.

k
o
f

Yeah! What a weirdo Bob was.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know I guess so, like if the person was an asexual? Even not would be fine I guess... but I wouldn't return the same favor. I just need someone that least has a good looking face and not overweight.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know I guess so, like if the person was an asexual? Even not would be fine I guess... but I wouldn't return the same favor. I just need someone that least has a good looking face and not overweight.
Ya know the asexual would be interesting. Don't think I could date an asexual person. My experience with a bisexual ended pretty bad so maybe I'll just stick with heterosexuals.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ya know the asexual would be interesting. Don't think I could date an asexual person. My experience with a bisexual ended pretty bad so maybe I'll just stick with heterosexuals.

Lol I think I would be ok with going out with an asexual at least on a date. I don't know why lol, I guess sex just isn't that big of an issue with me, though I guess I assume they'd have a shot being interested in other things like ropes which some Asexuals are and well I can do with that and without the sex fairly easily I think. *which I've discovered some Asexuals are in fact heavily into that* Though I'm probably being incredibly unrealistic

Anyways... what happened with that bisexual lol? Just going to stick with the heterosexual women with a tab bit of bisexual curiosity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol I think I would be ok with going out with an asexual at least on a date. I don't know why lol, I guess sex just isn't that big of an issue with me, though I guess I assume they'd have a shot being interested in other things like ropes which some Asexuals are and well I can do with that and without the sex fairly easily I think. *which I've discovered some Asexuals are in fact heavily into that* Though I'm probably being incredibly unrealistic
I don't want someone to have sex with me because of obligation or for only to pop out a child so we can have a family. I want someone to run free in their sexuality with me, and asexuality is just one race I don't want to be a part on.
Anyways... what happened with that bisexual lol? Just going to stick with the heterosexual women with a tab bit of bisexual curiosity?
I have no beefs with bisexual people. I don't consider women who get drunk and make out with their best friends to be bisexual or lesbian...just horny. I mean it doesn't speak too much to real bisexual people, when it takes poison to come out of the closet. Bisexuality and women that just want some tongue and action while drunk(only saying that because that is where I have normally heard the tad bit of bisexuality in women argument from.

The relationship ended badly. It didn't end because of the bisexual part. Its just the co-relation. There was a lot of bad things that led her to the realization of her bisexuality. I just want a simple heterosexual lady.

With both cases, if I find someone who clears up this stuff, then I will stand corrected.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1969?
5mclrn.jpg

I want that clock.

Reactions: catzrfluffy
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Okay, to get rid of the confusion - I didn't start this thread. It said that there was a thread from 1969, so I replied to it just to see if it would bump with the 1969 as the date of the OP and INSTEAD - it created this thread.

So, agreed - why would anyone date someone that didn't find them attractive...I don't know.
this thread confuzzled me :p

but no I wouldn't. My self-esteem isn't so low that I'd date someone who wasn't attracted to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
EDIT, read it wrong.

No, I wouldn't. Why? Because its probably a bad sign.

Look: I don't really "get" attractiveness ;) When we say "attractive", we generally mean in terms of physical attraction. I am Asexual. I don't find people physically attractive. I get crushes/romantic feelings etc through my relationships with people, but their looks have no influence.

So... in regards to this... if it was another asexual, great! But from what I've heard, if I'm dating someone that finds me unattractive, then thats bad, because they clearly don't feel much for me, because what one feels seems to be inheriently linked to physical attraction too. Like, even if they didn't find you attractive previously, people can fall in love with someone BUT this always changes how "attractive" they are; they skyrocket, or something. So I want the person to love me/be in love with me (or in early days to at least "like" me) and all of this apparently requires attraction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't want someone to have sex with me because of obligation or for only to pop out a child so we can have a family. I want someone to run free in their sexuality with me, and asexuality is just one race I don't want to be a part on.
Fair enough too.

I have a bf who knows about my sexuality, but I consider myself pretty lucky. Lets just say: love and relationships for most asexual people ends badly from what I've seen. Being asexual doesn't mean you can't enjoy sex, but thats not enough usually for most people.. I can get how it could kill the mood.

Like, if my relationship breaks up, I'm pretty much resigned to never getting into another one ever again.

Upvote 0

lostaquarium

Quite flawed
Dec 23, 2008
London
✟20,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
EDIT, read it wrong.

No, I wouldn't. Why? Because its probably a bad sign.

Look: I don't really "get" attractiveness ;) When we say "attractive", we generally mean in terms of physical attraction. I am Asexual. I don't find people physically attractive. I get crushes/romantic feelings etc through my relationships with people, but their looks have no influence.

So... in regards to this... if it was another asexual, great! But from what I've heard, if I'm dating someone that finds me unattractive, then thats bad, because they clearly don't feel much for me, because what one feels seems to be inheriently linked to physical attraction too. Like, even if they didn't find you attractive previously, people can fall in love with someone BUT this always changes how "attractive" they are; they skyrocket, or something. So I want the person to love me/be in love with me (or in early days to at least "like" me) and all of this apparently requires attraction.
This is how I feel too. I know that, objectively speaking, very few people would look at me and say, "woah there's a physically attractive young woman". But I hope that someone will get to know me and become attracted to my personality, and therefore to me as a whole. That type of "attraction" would be essential.

But purely physical attraction would not be essential.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
A few years back, I always wanted some gal that would just use me as a "boy toy" and I told myself I would be totally okay with that. I was wrong, I basically met a smokin hot chic (mormon) who basically dated me because I was her "flavor of the month". I felt all good for awhile but I wanted something more with her than just being her toy for pleasure, I wanted a relationship. I wanted to introduce her to my Mom, the whole nine yards. lol. I was pretty broken up about it when it didn't work out back at the time. In fact, it was like my first post on CF. But I am totally over her now. Luckily we didn't have kids or anything, that would've been disaster.

Upvote 0