Would YHWH Send a Prophet who would Contradict Moses?

Would YHWH Send a Prophet who would Contradict Moses?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Deuteronomy 13 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

Matthew 22:37 New King James Version (NKJV)
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

John 12:49 New King James Version (NKJV)
49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

Matthew 5:18-19 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No Bible writer - not even Moses has authority or standing to make what they write scripture.

The one and only reason that scripture has value is because God authors it. Not because Moses was writing.

That's right. Prophets and their words are sent from the Father. If one "so called" prophet, contradicts another; then we know that those words are not of the Father.

The ultimate point being that the word of YHWH that was given to us through Moses, can not, according to Deuteronomy 13, be contradicted by the word of YHWH given to us through Yahshua.

Any "so called" differences must be mistranslations or misinterpretations.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think what Jesus said in one verse that "Moses did what he did because you're a hard-headed people"
That concerning divorce....

Who knows what other commandments Moses gave that didn't really came from God but simply human wisdom?? And that agreed to the culture of the period (given the fact the Israelites tend to be envious of the traditions and ways of their pagan neighbors)

The Pharisees were hardliners of Moses' commandments but it seems Jesus knew more and especially He understood the ordeal and incredible pressures / stress that Moses had to deal with (thus, not everything Moses said is actually a good thing).

Ever been in extremely stressful situations and you are more prone to make mistakes and bad decisions / choices. I don't think Moses is immune from these. He's still human after all.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think what Jesus said in one verse that "Moses did what he did because you're a hard-headed people"
That concerning divorce....

Who knows what other commandments Moses gave that didn't really came from God but simply human wisdom?? And that agreed to the culture of the period (given the fact the Israelites tend to be envious of the traditions and ways of their pagan neighbors)

The Pharisees were hardliners of Moses' commandments but it seems Jesus knew more and especially He understood the ordeal and incredible pressures / stress that Moses had to deal with (thus, not everything Moses said is actually a good thing).

Ever been in extremely stressful situations and you are more prone to make mistakes and bad decisions / choices. I don't think Moses is immune from these. He's still human after all.

Well, there is a story line with Moses; but when we see phrases like:

"YHWH spoke to Moses, saying:"

"My holy Name"

"I am YHWH."

"I be hallowed"

I don't think that those are Moses' words.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, there is a story line with Moses; but when we see phrases like:

"YHWH spoke to Moses, saying:"

"My holy Name"

"I am YHWH."

"I be hallowed"

I don't think that those are Moses' words.

Context.....

Obviously, the commandments I'm talking about are the ones that Moses decided upon with his wisdom.

This does not include the Ten Commandments which we clearly read God Himself delivered to Moses.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Context.....

Obviously, the commandments I'm talking about are the ones that Moses decided upon with his wisdom.

This does not include the Ten Commandments which we clearly read God Himself delivered to Moses.

Well, I'm scanning through Leviticus; and so far, every chapter I've looked at begins with: "Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:"

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, I'm scanning through Leviticus; and so far, every chapter I've looked at begins with: "Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:"

Not everything, look:

Matthew 19:8
Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's right. Prophets and their words are sent from the Father. If one "so called" prophet, contradicts another; then we know that those words are not of the Father.

The ultimate point being that the word of YHWH that was given to us through Moses, can not, according to Deuteronomy 13, be contradicted by the word of YHWH given to us through Yahshua.

Any "so called" differences must be mistranslations or misinterpretations.
You're correct to a certain point. God's word is always the truth, but the application takes wisdom.
Jesus said: The law and the prophets served until John the Baptist. From then the kingdom of God is preached. Here's the quotes;
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

These holy scriptures say; we're not under the law. (you hold on to Moses and the law)
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

These holy scriptures below says the law is not of faith. (you hold on to Moses and the law)
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Rom 10:5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Tools
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Why do I feel like I came in on the middle of a sentence?

Let's look at this verse in context, from a literal word for word translation.

(CLV) Mt 11:12
Now, from the days of John the baptist hitherto, the kingdom of the heavens is being violently forced and the violent are snatching it.

(CLV) Mt 11:13
For all the prophets and the law prophesy till John.

So up until John, the kingdom of the heavens were being snatched for all the law and prophets until John.

Interesting, can that which is in the spiritual realm be snatched violently. This verse must be talking about the physical kingdom which was Jerusalem.

How many times was the priesthood being overthrown? More times than I have figured out. I won't get into all that I know here. It's shocking; but here's a good place to start: Office of High Priest was Bought | History of the Twelve Tribes of Israel

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

(CLV) Lk 16:16
"The law and the prophets are unto John; thenceforth, the evangel of the kingdom of God is being brought, and everyone is violently forcing into it, and the violent are snatching it.

Johns father was of the rightful priesthood, therefore John too. Why was Zechariah hiding John? Why did Herod kill Zechariah for not revealing John's whereabouts to him? I suspect that John was practicing as High Priest in the wilderness; and that is why people flocked to the wilderness, in droves, to see him. He too was violently snatched; but not before he immersed Yahshua in a Mikvah ritual. John announced our anointed, everlasting, High Priest, Yahshua.

Here is another parallel verse:

(CLV) Ac 3:24
Now all the prophets also, from Samuel, and consecutively, whoever speak, also announce these days.

Well let us see what some of the prophets have to announce!

(CLV) Isa 2:2
And it will come to pass in the latter days, The Mount of the House of YHWH shall be established on the summit of the mountains, And it shall be lifted up above the hills, And all the nations will stream unto it.

(CLV) Isa 2:3
Many peoples will come and say: Come, and let us ascend to the Mount of YHWH, To the house of the Elohim of Jacob; And He shall direct us out of His ways, So that we may indeed walk in His paths. For from Zion shall go forth the Torah, And the word of Yahweh from Jerusalem.

Wow! That doesn't sound like the Torah was abolished!

(CLV) Mic 4:1
And it will come to pass in the latter days, The Mount of the House of YHWH shall be established ion the summit of the mountains, And it shall be lifted up above the hills. And all the peoples will stream unto it.

(CLV) Mic 4:2
Many nations will come and say: Come, and let us ascend to the Mount of Yahweh, And to the house of the Elohim of Jacob, And He shall direct us out of His ways, So that we may indeed walk in His paths. For from Zion shall go forth the Torah, And the word of YHWH from Jerusalem.

Cool! A second witness!

These holy scriptures say; we're not under the law. (you hold on to Moses and the law)

Which law? I've counted seven laws that Paul speaks of in his letters.

This verse contains two of them:

(CLV) Ro 8:2
for the spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus frees you from the law of sin and death.

Which of these two laws do you suppose that Paul is saying that we are not under; or is it both?

Clearly Paul wasn't contradicting the prophets who proclaimed that the Torah would come to the nations. Surely you aren't asserting that Paul was a false prophet.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin, is doing LAWLESSNESS also, and sin is LAWLESSNESS.

It makes sense that if you live in the spirit law of life in Yahshua; that you would not sin; therefore you would not be under the law of sin and death.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin, is doing LAWLESSNESS also, and sin is LAWLESSNESS.

Yahshua's disciples follow the Torah as they follow Yahshua.

In the beginning was YHWH's word;and YHWH's word was made flesh. Yahshua was the walking, talking, Torah

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

If you are led by the spirit; you don't break the law.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God.

These holy scriptures below says the law is not of faith. (you hold on to Moses and the law)
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Walking in the ways that YHWH's commands is the fruit of faith.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:6
Everyone who is remaining in Him is not sinning. Everyone who is sinning sees Him not, neither knows Him.

Rom 10:5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Tools
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above

I don't obey YHWH's commands for what he will give me. Isn't that kind of like whoring? He's already given me far more than I deserve. I obey him because I love him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums